Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh crap, we need a Center
I just saw where Trey Hopkins' injury was a torn ACL. That give him less than 8 months of we have Billy Price at Center. Price is a better Center than he is a Guard, but surely we can do better.
Reply/Quote
Yea. It's not a great position to be in to have a huge need at RT, decently large holes at LG and RG (depending on whether you believe XSF and Spain are good enough to start or are simply "not horrifically bad like that Redmond guy") and now have a hole at Center due to injury.

It'll be hard to get a good center to come here in free agency when you tell him that he'll be competing for the starting role once Hopkins comes back from injury in October. So odds are we roll with Price for the first 4 weeks or maybe draft a guy like Creed Humphrey in the 2nd or 3rd round, if you believe he'll be a center at the NFL level (some people project him as a better guard.)
Reply/Quote
I would think Hopkins' rehab back t 100% will be much longer than Burrows due to the stresses on an Olineman's legs. Not good.
Reply/Quote
Little behind on the news, Sled lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Little behind on the news, Sled lol

I guess so. I just saw it. I knew he left with an injury, hadn't seen the result. Sue me.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it might be false hope but I want Price to go out there and perform.
I feel he is someone who is desperate to prove himself and others that he belongs in the NFL
Reply/Quote
I wonder if it is Price's job or we see a second to fourth round pick used on a Center?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:18 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: Maybe it might be false hope but I want Price to go out there and perform.
I feel he is someone who is desperate to prove himself and others that he belongs in the NFL

The problem with Price is more mental deficiencies than physical prowess.. and there's only so much you can "teach", the rest its up to the person to encompass and use lots of intuition on the opposing players to overcome. Poor snaps, lots of wiffs on blocks, etc.  He was just over-drafted, like Ross, just never worked out as expected. He's a decent back-up at best.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:28 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if it is Price's job or we see a second to fourth round pick used on a Center?

Price and Finney will battle it out.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Price and Finney will battle it out.

Did Finney even ever see the field this year? I didn't expect him to be back. Maybe they re-sign him just because of this?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did Finney even ever see the field this year? I didn't expect him to be back. Maybe they re-sign him just because of this?

He’s under contract next season.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s under contract next season.

So is Geno, but nobody sees him back. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know what happened to the 'college' Price.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:53 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I don't know what happened to the 'college' Price.

He's spent a decent amount of his young career battling through injuries.  Hopefully new OL coach can help him develop.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:58 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: He's spent a decent amount of his young career battling through injuries.  Hopefully new OL coach can help him develop.

I'd like the see the nasty player he was at OSU return.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like the see the nasty player he was at OSU return.

Same here.  He’s shown flashes of that nasty player, but then folds like a lawn chair next play. It’s maddening.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s under contract next season.

Yeah, but isn't he getting something ridiculous?  I thought for sure he would be cut. 
Reply/Quote
Price is gonna have to hold down the fort till Hopkins returns, Jordan and Finney can be the backup centers. Are only two decent lineman were Hopkins and Williams and both are returning from injuries , still have no idea what Williams injury was. Considering we might miss out on Sewell and there isn’t a great free agent tackle class it’s even more important we go after a proven guard like Thuney or Sheriff.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So is Geno, but nobody sees him back. 

Terrible comparison. Finney only makes 3.5 mil next season. And we just became thin at center. He’ll either start or be the backup.

Reply/Quote
I'm not overly worried.
The Bengals just need a stopgap until Hopkins is back.
Price is still going to be on the roster, and they have BJ Finney, who they can keep until Hopkins is back.
Michael Jordan also played C at Ohio St, so perhaps they make him the emergency C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote