Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh look, another ethics violation
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/shulkin-veterans-affairs-wimbledon/index.html?sr=twCNNp021418shulkin-veterans-affairs-wimbledon1151AMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

so many violations, so little time
People suck
Ethics are just a liberal conspiracy. They only exist so we can virtue signal.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-14-2018, 02:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ethics are just a liberal conspiracy. They only exist so we can virtue signal.

true, i forget with this administration ethics are more like suggestions, not rules or anything that can/should be applied to them
People suck
Yesterday he said this:

Quote:Shulkin, who has been the head of the VA for a little more than a year but was a holdover from the Obama administration, defended himself Wednesday in a blistering statement, calling the investigation and the report a "direct assault on my spouse, my character, and my unblemished record of service to the Veterans Affairs Administration."

Today he paid it back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/14/va-secretary-david-shulkin-regrets-travel-errors-reimburses-government-wifes-airfare/338143002/

Quote:Shulkin told USA TODAY in an exclusive interview that “there was never anything intentional.”

“We act with the highest ethical character,” he said. “I relied upon my staff to do this, and in retrospect, I wish that I had asked more questions.”

Shulkin said he had no involvement with his chief of staff's actions and didn’t realize the woman who gave him the tickets, Invictus Games adviser Victoria Gosling, might not meet the legal bar for personal friendship. Shulkin said he could have done more to ensure he was better informed.  

“I believe that I relied upon the processes that are there, you know, what every Cabinet secretary has to rely upon their staff to do this work,” he said. “And in retrospect I wish that I had asked more questions.”

Shulkin said he mailed a check Wednesday to reimburse the government for the cost of his wife’s airfare, $4,312, and is moving to reimburse Gosling for the tennis tickets, both recommendations in the inspector general’s report.

“I have respect for the job the IG needs to do,” he said. “I have followed and complied with the recommendations.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 02:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ethics are just a liberal conspiracy. They only exist so we can virtue signal.

Typical liberal media doing everything it can to pretend that rich white men do bad things in order to take the focus off those dangerous minorities and immigrants they love so much.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]