Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh my, this is quite concerning (Re:2016 Election)
(02-15-2017, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Remember all the Wikileaks stuff during the election?  President Trump said it didn't matter where the info came from.  Especially if it was the Russians it didn't matter.

Now all that matters is where the leaks are coming from.

Very interesting.

Mellow
Totally agree with the relevance of this post.

I'd also like to state that Conway will be gone, soon.
(02-15-2017, 02:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'd also like to state that Conway will be gone, soon.

Doubtful. I think she will become either Comms Director, or they will make her Press Sec after backing the bus over Spicer once they've thoroughly run him over.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Weird. How can Trump call it fake news and in the same breath stress the real problem is illegal intelligence leaks? If it is fake how are there illegal leaks going on?

Its almost like I can't trust a single thing coming out of his shitty ass mouth.
(02-15-2017, 03:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Weird. How can Trump call it fake news and in the same breath stress the real problem is illegal intelligence leaks? If it is fake how are there illegal leaks going on?

Its almost like I can't trust a single thing coming out of his shitty ass mouth.

Reminds me of the Republicans telling Dems that leaks concerning the DNC and Clinton campaign don't matter as much as the material they bring to light.  I mean how ya gonna be mad at someone for just blowing the whistle right?  Wikileaks and Russia got a pass from the right so our actual intel agencies should be afforded the same privileges, I would assume.  Just some good red-blooded 'Merikans doing their jobs to protect us.
Didn't want to make a separate thread for this, so I'll stick this here since yes, people are concerned.

Cincinnati Republican says it's time to impeach President Trump

As Charles P. Pierce said in Esquire last week, “I swear, it's like we elected the Clampetts, if the Clampetts were grifters.”

A president of the United States, on the official POTUS Twitter feed, assails a department store for dropping his daughter’s merchandise. On the same day, the Pentagon is looking to rent space in the Trump Tower. Trump’s son travels to Uganda to make a Trump business deal. And, of course, foreign diplomats will stay at the Trump Hotel. The cash comes marching in.

The phony legalisms Trump has said he used to “separate” himself from his businesses – though he still owns them and his sons are running them – will be cited to make this all acceptable. Horsefeathers. No ethical expert could say with a straight face that this is not a classic conflict of interest.

In any time except our post-factual era, no office holder, much less the president, could get away with any one of the dozens of dazzlingly illegal things Trump has already done. They would forfeit office immediately.

The leader of the band of Mad Hatters occupying the White House has already insulted allied world leaders, issued illegal and badly written orders, impugned a “so-called” judge appointed by his own party, and appointed the least-qualified cabinet ever. The first secretary of state was Thomas Jefferson. Trump appointed a big-oil executive with close ties to Russia. The first treasury secretary was Alexander Hamilton. Trump appointed a former Goldman Sachs exec who got rich foreclosing on homeowners. The national security advisor lasted 24 days.

And all that’s just at the time I write this. Who knows what happens next. Each new day is a new nightmare. We are still trying to digest one breathtaking assault on America when another is signed, issued, or Tweeted. All this amid constant lies. Constant. Lies.

It’s tough, but we must end this dangerous presidency. Trump must be impeached and removed with all haste. But only Congress can initiate the process.

Our congressman, Steve Chabot, has been busy defending Trump from the media, which is simply reporting Trump’s machinations. It’s time for him to man-up and start drafting the articles of impeachment. As I remember, he did it for Clinton for far less than Trump has already done.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Sigh. I wish the "Give Trump a chance" club would realize that most people are judging him based upon the fact that he's been an amoral egomaniac for the past 30 years and not because he's been president for 30 seconds.
(02-15-2017, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sigh.  I wish the "Give Trump a chance" club would realize that most people are judging him based upon the fact that he's been an amoral egomaniac for the past 30 years and not because he's been president for 30 seconds.

Yep.  But Clinton was "Crooked" and "evil".

It is too laugh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-15-2017, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sigh.  I wish the "Give Trump a chance" club would realize that most people are judging him based upon the fact that he's been an amoral egomaniac for the past 30 years and not because he's been president for 30 seconds.

I was with the "Let's pray it doesn't get bad" crowd.

Now... I'm with the "GTFO" crowd.
(02-15-2017, 07:01 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Didn't want to make a separate thread for this, so I'll stick this here since yes, people are concerned.

Cincinnati Republican says it's time to impeach President Trump

As Charles P. Pierce said in Esquire last week, “I swear, it's like we elected the Clampetts, if the Clampetts were grifters.”

A president of the United States, on the official POTUS Twitter feed, assails a department store for dropping his daughter’s merchandise. On the same day, the Pentagon is looking to rent space in the Trump Tower. Trump’s son travels to Uganda to make a Trump business deal. And, of course, foreign diplomats will stay at the Trump Hotel. The cash comes marching in.

The phony legalisms Trump has said he used to “separate” himself from his businesses – though he still owns them and his sons are running them – will be cited to make this all acceptable. Horsefeathers. No ethical expert could say with a straight face that this is not a classic conflict of interest.

In any time except our post-factual era, no office holder, much less the president, could get away with any one of the dozens of dazzlingly illegal things Trump has already done. They would forfeit office immediately.

The leader of the band of Mad Hatters occupying the White House has already insulted allied world leaders, issued illegal and badly written orders, impugned a “so-called” judge appointed by his own party, and appointed the least-qualified cabinet ever. The first secretary of state was Thomas Jefferson. Trump appointed a big-oil executive with close ties to Russia. The first treasury secretary was Alexander Hamilton. Trump appointed a former Goldman Sachs exec who got rich foreclosing on homeowners. The national security advisor lasted 24 days.

And all that’s just at the time I write this. Who knows what happens next. Each new day is a new nightmare. We are still trying to digest one breathtaking assault on America when another is signed, issued, or Tweeted. All this amid constant lies. Constant. Lies.

It’s tough, but we must end this dangerous presidency. Trump must be impeached and removed with all haste. But only Congress can initiate the process.

Our congressman, Steve Chabot, has been busy defending Trump from the media, which is simply reporting Trump’s machinations. It’s time for him to man-up and start drafting the articles of impeachment. As I remember, he did it for Clinton for far less than Trump has already done.

You can't just impeach because you really really don't like him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-16-2017, 10:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can't just impeach because you really really don't like him.

Can you for being unfit for the job?  LOL!

Not that any of this is new.  Anyone who wanted to see it could have before they voted but they got duped and scared.  Congrats.
(02-16-2017, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can you for being unfit for the job?  LOL!

Not that any of this is new.  Anyone who wanted to see it could have before they voted but they got duped and scared.  Congrats.

Actually in one of those amendments there is something like that, but I'm guessing it would have to be a very high standard.

While impeachment and removal is a very serious move, I personally would prefer Pence to Trump.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-16-2017, 10:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Actually in one of those amendments there is something like that, but I'm guessing it would have to be a very high standard.

While impeachment and removal is a very serious move, I personally would prefer Pence to Trump.

Pence would at least be sane and understand the workings of government.

I mean he might try to outlaw being gay, but he wouldn't start a war over a perceived criticism.  Probably.

As an aside, watching a "successful" businessman flail about because he "leadership style" is ill suited for government makes me wonder if we'll still hear that we have to "run Washington like a business" without considering how the business is run?