Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, that wife of mine.
So we stop in a furniture store yesterday and she likes this couch and recliner set. So, the Dog says, "Let's get it." I really wanted to get this for her because we had just left a funeral and I wanted to help lift her spirits. It wasn't a devestating price. It was around 2k. Then, after we leave the store she starts feeling we rushed into a decision. I was pretty passive on the conversation. Then, last night she decides we made a bad decision. Let me give you a little history here:

Last year we bought a new mattress set. Most of you know, mattresses aren't cheap. So, we get a new set and within 3-4 months, there started to show signs of dips where we slept. She was unhappy and called the store and they came and got that one and we got a new style for even more cash. Then after a week of sleeping on it, decides she wants the old mattress back because the new style mattress we bought just wasnt comfortable enough. So, she calls the store and they still had it but said they couldn't exchange because we slept on it and there was nothing wrong with it. So, we go ahead and get the mattress redelivered back to the house and now we have bought 2 mattress sets. LOL...

So here we are. She calls the store today and they had just put the order in this morning but should not be a problem cancelling (20% cancelling fee was possible if the order was confirmed = $400 for nothing). Say's it shouldn't post until Monday. So, we are going to get a different set for what she wants in the front room. I really hope whatever we get she is happy with? She's a great wife and works hard, but she also has OCD and if things arent perfect? Well, it would ruin her day everytime she walked into the door at the end of the day. Thank God we have the Mancave. If it looks as if she doesnt like something once we get stuck with it? I will have a new sofa and rocker in my cave! Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, women will be...women. My wife has a habit of going to the grocery and staring at stuff when she picks it up. We get a lot of the same stuff, but she'll stare at the label for a minute or two, like it's changed since the last time we bought it. Drives me crazy! Just grab it and put it in the damn cart already.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 05:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, women will be...women.  My wife has a habit of going to the grocery and staring at stuff when she picks it up.  We get a lot of the same stuff, but she'll stare at the label for a minute or two, like it's changed since the last time we bought it.  Drives me crazy!  Just grab it and put it in the damn cart already.

She can be a tad bit persnickety. I guess that will be something I complain about, but miss so dearly if she was ever gone. 

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 05:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, women will be...women.  My wife has a habit of going to the grocery and staring at stuff when she picks it up.  We get a lot of the same stuff, but she'll stare at the label for a minute or two, like it's changed since the last time we bought it.  Drives me crazy!  Just grab it and put it in the damn cart already.

At times the products  Do change, manufacturers reduce the size of stuff but keep the same box size and price , which is a sneaky way of raising costs for consumers.
Example; ice cream used to be 64 ounces,now 58 ounces same price as before. Cry
Reply/Quote
My old woman has a real knack for squeezing every last penny out of people who work in stores and restaurants. We can spend an eternity grocery shopping and just as I think I'm ready to get the the hell out of the store she'll grill the store clerk over every last item on the receipt. I've literally sat in the truck for 20 minutes alone and she'll finally come out and tell me we saved a WHOLE NICKEL! This is despite the fact that she'll buy a lot of crap we'll never eat and will take up space in the fridge to the point that I can't find a spot for a slice of cheese anywhere in the fridge. ..
I went with her to buy a riding mower a few years back and I had to go back to the store for no other reason than to apologize to the guy who sold it. He probably had a negative commission when it was all said and done . I wouldn't be too surprised if he had to take out a loan to sell the damned thing   lol
She's the person who will stand in line for 2 hours at Walmart to return a 15¢ item 15 seconds before the warranty expires.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 03:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: My old woman has a real knack for squeezing every last penny out of people who work in stores and restaurants. We can spend an eternity grocery shopping and just as I think I'm ready to get the the hell out of the store she'll grill the store clerk over every last item on the receipt. I've literally sat in the truck for 20 minutes alone and she'll finally come out and tell me we saved a WHOLE NICKEL! This is despite the fact that she'll buy a lot of crap we'll never eat and will take up space in the fridge to the point that I can't find a spot for a slice of cheese anywhere in the fridge. ..
I went with her to buy a riding mower a few years back and I had to go back to the store for no other reason than to apologize to the guy who sold it. He probably had a negative commission when it was all said and done . I wouldn't be too surprised if he had to take out a loan to sell the damned thing   lol
She's the person who will stand in line for 2 hours at Walmart to return a 15¢ item 15 seconds before the warranty expires.. 

I feel your pain.
Reply/Quote

Holy Christ, dude.  That's my wife described to a tee. 

We'll go through the store, with an insanely energetic 5-year old, mind you and she just stares at the goddamned shelves.  It's as if we have nothing whatsoever better to do with our weekend but stand in the store an stare at the same stuff we bought the week before.  

It gets worse when I start giving her a death stare and she notices and asks why I'm such an asshole to her at the grocery.  Zero realization of how annoying it is.  

I've honestly thought about asking my doctor for a valium prescription specifically for my grocery trips.  I honestly would rather go to work than the grocery.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 02:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Holy Christ, dude.  That's my wife described to a tee. 

We'll go through the store, with an insanely energetic 5-year old, mind you and she just stares at the goddamned shelves.  It's as if we have nothing whatsoever better to do with our weekend but stand in the store an stare at the same stuff we bought the week before.  

It gets worse when I start giving her a death stare and she notices and asks why I'm such an asshole to her at the grocery.  Zero realization of how annoying it is.  

I've honestly thought about asking my doctor for a valium prescription specifically for my grocery trips.  I honestly would rather go to work than the grocery.

We’ve seen some things man!

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 02:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Holy Christ, dude.  That's my wife described to a tee. 

I've got some extra Xanax you can have.  I take 2 every time we go.  Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 10:50 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've got some extra Xanax you can have.  I take 2 every time we go.  Seriously.

48oz of Bud Light usually does the trick.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 04:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So we stop in a furniture store yesterday and she likes this couch and recliner set. So, the Dog says, "Let's get it." I really wanted to get this for her because we had just left a funeral and I wanted to help lift her spirits. It wasn't a devestating price. It was around 2k. Then, after we leave the store she starts feeling we rushed into a decision. I was pretty passive on the conversation. Then, last night she decides we made a bad decision. Let me give you a little history here:

Last year we bought a new mattress set. Most of you know, mattresses aren't cheap. So, we get a new set and within 3-4 months, there started to show signs of dips where we slept. She was unhappy and called the store and they came and got that one and we got a new style for even more cash. Then after a week of sleeping on it, decides she wants the old mattress back because the new style mattress we bought just wasnt comfortable enough. So, she calls the store and they still had it but said they couldn't exchange because we slept on it and there was nothing wrong with it. So, we go ahead and get the mattress redelivered back to the house and now we have bought 2 mattress sets. LOL...

So here we are. She calls the store today and they had just put the order in this morning but should not be a problem cancelling (20% cancelling fee was possible if the order was confirmed = $400 for nothing). Say's it shouldn't post until Monday. So, we are going to get a different set for what she wants in the front room. I really hope whatever we get she is happy with? She's a great wife and works hard, but she also has OCD and if things arent perfect? Well, it would ruin her day everytime she walked into the door at the end of the day. Thank God we have the Mancave. If it looks as if she doesnt like something once we get stuck with it? I will have a new sofa and rocker in my cave! Mellow
I have been buying Christmas, birthday, Valentine's and anniversary presents for roughly 40 years, gotten exactly what I was told to get every time and not one of them ever has not been returned.  In other words, I feel ya, brother.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
well if you need to unload some furniture I'm trying to buy a house and will have some room soon
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if you need to unload some furniture I'm trying to buy a house and will have some room soon

I can’t even go there.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 01:55 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: At times the products  Do change, manufacturers reduce the size of stuff but keep the same box size and price , which is a sneaky way of raising costs for consumers.
Example; ice cream used to be 64 ounces,now 58 ounces same price as before. Cry

48 oz. The only company I know that still sells 1/2 gallon is Graeters, and that’s like $14.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 12:01 PM)McC Wrote: I have been buying Christmas, birthday, Valentine's and anniversary presents for roughly 40 years, gotten exactly what I was told to get every time and not one of them ever has not been returned.  In other words, I feel ya, brother.

I bought my wife an iPad when they were stuill relatively new. She returned it and bought a vacuum. I’m like what would have happened if I gave you a vacuum for Christmas?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 01:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I bought my wife an iPad when they were stuill relatively new. She returned it and bought a vacuum. I’m like what would have happened if I gave you a vacuum for Christmas?

You would be in the dog house for sure.

Reply/Quote