Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh the Poetic Justice that might await us
(12-10-2015, 04:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Thanks for quitting on the team, Carson Ninja

Thanks for forcing the organization to change for better, Carson.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Thanks for forcing the organization to change for better, Carson.

This is much more true than a lot of Bengal fans would like to admit.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 07:33 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: This is much more true than a lot of Bengal fans would like to admit.

Agreed.....hell I was blasted for saying it WHEN it happened.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What if the Steelers and Cardinals make it? Do we root for Carson, the Steelers, or just hope the place implodes?

I root for carson all the way. Even the way the situation was handled here at the end of carsons time here I still love the guy
Reply/Quote
The hate for Carson still lives in some and it's so sad. Why in the world do you care what happens with a guy who made this team into what it is now. His arrival with Lewis gave hope, his departure forced Mike Brown to realize he was the problem and give up control. The return on trading him to Oakland was amazing. His saying he was down prompted the drafting of Dalton.

I just don't get the hate. The guy flat out gave it everything he could while he was here and the fans turned on him BEFORE he wanted out. People at the games threatened his wife, this is factual. The team needed changes to get over the hump and Brown wasn't ready to make those changes. Carson said what all of us had been saying for years. The difference is when he said it, Mike Brown had to listen.

I'm glad he found a home out west where he can succeed and feel comfortable. Let it go people, this is not the type of thing to get all butt hurt about. It's not like he knocked up your daughter and ran out on her, he told Mike Brown to suck it, not the fans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd root for Carson. I never held any ill will towards him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
No hate for Palmer, in fact Id probably root for him if he made it to the SB(unless its against the bengals of course) Mostly Id root for him because I dont mind the cardinals and would like to see them get a ring.

As far as the 49ers go, Ive been over that for years. Cant hold onto the hate forever.
Reply/Quote
We'd still have to win a playoff game first.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Thanks for forcing the organization to change for better, Carson.

I'm neutral on Palmer (he's a Cardinal now, not a Bengal - I'm a Bengals fan) but I don't buy into this "change" narrative. Mike Brown hasn't changed a thing. We still have no practice facility (which Carson hated), the scouts and coaches are mostly the same. Here's why we're winning:

- We drafted AJ Green, which would've happened with or without CP.
- We drafted Dalton to replace CP.
- The defense rebounded thanks to the emegence of Atkins (drafted before CP left)

In hindsight, 2010 looks like a fluke. We had a good thing going in 2009 and once young guys like Dunlap and Atkins hit their stride, we were right back on the playoff horse. Of course, AJ and Dalton have been key as well. I get that some have a soft spot for Carson still, but I don't think his trade demand is why we're winning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wrong, since Carson left Mike Brown has left the draft and handling of other matters in the hands of Duke Tobin and the coaches, who got rid of all the locker room clowns....
That, and the fact Carson would most likely have brought Cincinnati it's first Super Bowl win except for the cheap shot by Pittsburgh, I wish the guy the best.
Reply/Quote
Sounds nice, but there's zero proof that Mike Brown conceded more control over the draft after Carson left. I think Marv/Tobin/etc have bad the same level of control for many years now.

Heck, much of the foundation of this current team was drafted/picked up before CP left: Dunlap, Atkins, Leon, Nelson, Whit, Andre Smith, Maualuga, Pat Sims, etc. We've been drafting well for awhile now. It didn't suddenly happen after CP left.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice but I honestly don't want to play arizona in the Super Bowl. That team is scary good; and what if Palmer actually beat us in the SB? That would sting like crazy.
Reply/Quote
The main changes in the running of the team predate Carson's snit fit. Tobin came in in 2003 and was already calling a lot of the drafting shots by 2009 and 2010, when they took Atkins. We know Marvin's authority has increased over the years too, and the other big difference has been Katie running the store in terms of cap and contracts - she deserves a lot of credit for the team always being in the needed cap position to resign its essential players and also them having close to zero dead money.
Reply/Quote