Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh the day is almost here mock and offseason
Everything is spelled out below. I used the Fanspeak Ultimate GM tool to simulate the remainder of FA and the draft. FA is pretty straight forward. Made some cuts I felt necessary for the team and signed a couple pieces to replenish the roster. The draft involves a couple trades. I moved out of the first and 7th entirely. Let me know what you think.

CUT:

Name Position
Michael Johnson EDGE
Brandon LaFell WR
Vincent Rey LB
Randy Bullock K

SIGNED:

Name Position
Vincent Rey LB
Cameron Fleming OT
Ra\'Shede Hageman DT

TRADES:

-TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
SENT:
• ROUND: 1 PICK: 21
• FUTURE ROUND 3 PICK
RECEIVED:
• ROUND: 2 PICK: 1
• ROUND: 2 PICK: 3

-TRADE PARTNER:
LA CHARGERS
SENT:
• ROUND: 5 PICK: 21
• ROUND: 5 PICK: 33
RECEIVED:
• ROUND: 4 PICK: 19

-TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
SENT:
• ROUND: 7 PICK: 31
• ROUND: 7 PICK: 34
• ROUND: 7 PICK: 35
• FUTURE ROUND 6 PICK
RECEIVED:
• ROUND: 6 PICK: 1
• ROUND: 6 PICK: 31

MY PICKS:

33: R2P1
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

35: R2P3
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS

46: R2P14
CB CARLTON DAVIS
AUBURN

77: R3P13
DL RASHEEM GREEN
USC

100: R3P36
OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE

112: R4P12
S DESHON ELLIOTT
TEXAS

119: R4P19
WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE

151: R5P14
RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA

175: R6P1
G TIMON PARRIS
STONY BROOK

205: R6P31
EDGE JUSTIN LAWLER
SMU

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Okay. I see you went outside the box. I'm no expert but you seem to have hit a lot of the spots. But, won't we need a K?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 11:49 AM)McC Wrote: Okay.  I see you went outside the box.   I'm no expert but you seem to have hit a lot of the spots.  But, won't we need a K?

Yeah, we will definitely need a kicker.  Planned on taking one in the 7th, but changed my mind and figured we could get a guy in FA after the draft.  I just can't take another year of Bullock...

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 11:53 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Yeah, we will definitely need a kicker.  Planned on taking one in the 7th, but changed my mind and figured we could get a guy in FA after the draft.  I just can't take another year of Bullock...

I'd take a kicker in RD6. If we take Price for our Center, no need to get another guard that will be project, we have Westerman and Redmon and god forbid Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 12:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd take a kicker in RD6. If we take Price for our Center, no need to get another guard that will be project, we have Westerman and Redmon and god forbid Hopkins.

Definitely an option also... I liked the flexibility of Parris at the next level.  Westerman is the only guy from the group you mentioned I haven't given up on yet though.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
Fleming signed with the Cowboys. Not that it changes much with what you did.

I'm not a huge fan of trading out of the first round - simply because this team really only adds starters through the draft. When you move out of the first round, you lose a year of the player at a lower pay.

I really like a lot of the players you drafted - great job!

The only thing that I don't like - I think we need to get an OG a little sooner. The team isn't going to sign one in free agency, so we need some better talent there.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 12:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Fleming signed with the Cowboys.  Not that it changes much with what you did.

I'm not a huge fan of trading out of the first round - simply because this team really only adds starters through the draft.  When you move out of the first round, you lose a year of the player at a lower pay.  

I really like a lot of the players you drafted - great job!

The only thing that I don't like - I think we need to get an OG a little sooner.  The team isn't going to sign one in free agency, so we need some better talent there.

Did not know that Fleming signed... normally the GM tool is pretty up to date with that info.  

I agree most of the time with staying in the first round, but the trade made too much sense to pass up.  Also, at the time of my selections, I could have gone with Daniels from Iowa instead of Malik Jefferson.  Having Price and Daniels was tempting (would have likely taken an LB later in the 3rd or 4th) but figured that the drop off in talent was too much to pass on.  If I would have taken Price and Daniels I would have tried to grab Fred Warner later in the draft.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 01:06 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Did not know that Fleming signed... normally the GM tool is pretty up to date with that info.  

I agree most of the time with staying in the first round, but the trade made too much sense to pass up.  Also, at the time of my selections, I could have gone with Daniels from Iowa instead of Malik Jefferson.  Having Price and Daniels was tempting (would have likely taken an LB later in the 3rd or 4th) but figured that the drop off in talent was too much to pass on.  If I would have taken Price and Daniels I would have tried to grab Fred Warner later in the draft.

I still would make the trade, but I would call the Eagles and move up 1 spot just to get back into the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 01:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I still would make the trade, but I would call the Eagles and move up 1 spot just to get back into the 1st round.

Fair enough.  Makes sense to me.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 01:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I still would make the trade, but I would call the Eagles and move up 1 spot just to get back into the 1st round.

This is the draft after I traded back into the 1st.

32: R1P32 
JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

35: R2P3 
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS

46: R2P14 
CB CARLTON DAVIS
AUBURN

65: R3P1
 BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

96: R3P32
OT MARTINAS RANKIN
MISSISSIPPI STATE

104: R4P4
DL TRENTON THOMPSON
GEORGIA

157: R5P20
 JORDAN WHITEHEAD
PITTSBURGH

179: R6P5
 LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

249: R7P31

EDGE JUSTIN LAWLER
SMU

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
This is all very interesting, but my biggest question when it comes to people simulating the off season/draft like this is: Do you really believe the Bengals would ever do anything even remotely like this?

And the follow up question:
if yes to above: Why do you think that?
If no to above: Then what is the point of this post?

It would be nice though...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 11:39 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Everything is spelled out below.  I used the Fanspeak Ultimate GM tool to simulate the remainder of FA and the draft.  FA is pretty straight forward.  Made some cuts I felt necessary for the team and signed a couple pieces to replenish the roster.  The draft involves a couple trades.  I moved out of the first and 7th entirely.  Let me know what you think.

CUT:

Name        Position
Michael Johnson   EDGE
Brandon LaFell   WR
Vincent Rey        LB
Randy Bullock        K

SIGNED:

Name Position
Vincent Rey LB
Cameron Fleming OT
Ra\'Shede Hageman DT

TRADES: