Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oh the humanity..
(08-06-2022, 09:50 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You word that as "the court allowed Biden", when in fact it should be worded that Biden worked to overturn a policy that was in fact helping the strain on our system, knowing full well what the consequences would be. And if they were too naïve to not know the consequences, they have had 2 years to figure it out. And still no real efforts to ease the situation other than putting a giggling idiot on the case & criticizing the overwhelmed officers charged with handling the situation.

Should have been worded that once in power the Dems clearly made an already overloaded/bad situation worse intentionally & now almost 2 years into it they continue to intentionally overload the system. 

Anyone care to explain to us why they would intentionally do that ? 

Well, we only have your say so that Dems "intentionally" wanted to make a situation worse.

How do you know this? 

Why would they want to worsen a situation for which they are already criticized?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 10:13 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Tell me why they are sending unaccompanied minors?

That would require making assumptions as I do not have enough information on the topic to give a firm answer. There could be myriad reasons for it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 10:57 AM)Dill Wrote: Well, we only have your say so that Dems "intentionally" wanted to make a situation worse.

How do you know this? 

Why would they want to worsen a situation for which they are already criticized?

It would appear you & I have the same question. 
Reply/Quote
Can't people just stop hiring illegals?  Every time we see a case like this or the guy who knocked up that girl who needed to leave the state for an abortion it's like "He worked in construction" or something to that affect.

Why aren't we more interested in asking the people who subsidize illegals why they feel such a need to hire them over an actual citizen?

I guess how I look at this is if my neighbor is knowingly employing or renting to an illegal and he rapes or kills someone I know and I asked him "What the hell?  Why did you bring that person here?" and he goes "Pffft......Biden man, made it easy.  Couldn't help it!" I'm not going to say "Ah, well you have a point there."

We have to look out for ourselves and each other, but by all means let's just sit around and wait for the federal government to make our bad choices illegal.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't people just stop hiring illegals?  Every time we see a case like this or the guy who knocked up that girl who needed to leave the state for an abortion it's like "He worked in construction" or something to that affect.

Why aren't we more interested in asking the people who subsidize illegals why they feel such a need to hire them over an actual citizen?

Well, I mean the answer to that is of course apparent. They're cheap, they cannot complain about anything, they're exploitable.

But it is something I always wondered. US politicians propose walls and remain in Mexico programs and all kinds of ideas, but hardly do I hear anyone say well maybe we should control valid work permits more. Which seems to be if not the most effective, so at least the most feasible thing to do.

For sure I have an idea about why this is never even debated, but still. Instead folks want to spend huge fortunes on building and maintaining a wall even though most illegal immigrants just overstay their visas.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 12:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I mean the answer to that is of course apparent. They're cheap, they cannot complain about anything, they're exploitable.

Kinda makes you wonder what else these people would do or exploit if big daddy government didn't make it impossible for them, eh?
Reply/Quote
In June alone, more than 207,000 illegal immigrants were caught crossing the southern border, marking a 310 percent increase from average June apprehensions under Trump. Now, roughly 4 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border in just 18 months since Biden has been in office. He came into office, signed executive orders and dismantled the immigration system the Trump administration built, and smiled for the camera while doing it while muttering something something build back better. Last October, Biden acted like visiting the border was a nuisance to his schedule, saying he hasn’t “had a whole hell of a lot of time” to go.

Some on here want to bicker about policy this, and policy that, when in reality the Democrat Parties' actions and posturing clearly indicate that they don't care about who, or how many are crossing the boarder illegally. Well, now that a Governor or two are dropping some of these immigrants off on Democrat controlled cities, perhaps it will become a problem worth addressing?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How do we know how many undocumented immigrants have cross the border illegally?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 01:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In June alone, more than 207,000 illegal immigrants were caught crossing the southern border, marking a 310 percent increase from average June apprehensions under Trump. Now, roughly 4 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border in just 18 months since Biden has been in office. He came into office, signed executive orders and dismantled the immigration system the Trump administration built, and smiled for the camera while doing it while muttering something something build back better.  Last October, Biden acted like visiting the border was a nuisance to his schedule, saying he hasn’t “had a whole hell of a lot of time” to go.

Some on here want to bicker about policy this, and policy that, when in reality the Democrat Parties' actions and posturing clearly indicate that they don't care about who, or how many are crossing the boarder illegally.  Well, now that a Governor or two are dropping some of these immigrants off on Democrat controlled cities, perhaps it will become a problem worth addressing?

To be clear:  The amount of illegal immigrants CAUGHT is up so Biden and the Democrats are doing worse than Trump?

Odd hill to die on.

As an aside though we see an increase in immigration when our economy is on the upswing and vice versa.  Happens no matter who is in office.  There was probably a big drop in total immigration during 2020 due to covid and the poor economy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 02:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: How do we know how many undocumented immigrants have cross the border illegally?

All of the numbers came from here.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ooh, new 1/6 conspiracy...they were all illegal immigrants disguised as Trump suporters.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All of the numbers came from here.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

Right, encounters. So that is the number of times Border Patrol has encountered them, i.e. those that did not make it into the country. They were apprehended and likely deported. Those numbers are also inflated because there are quite a few repeat offenders thanks to Title 42. Anyway, they are catching them. so what's your beef? What's the crisis?

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Right, encounters. So that is the number of times Border Patrol has encountered them, i.e. those that did not make it into the country. They were apprehended and likely deported. Those numbers are also inflated because there are quite a few repeat offenders thanks to Title 42. Anyway, they are catching them. so what's your beef? What's the crisis?

Border security securing a border in Biden's America?  No wonder democrats want him out by 2024. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Right, encounters. So that is the number of times Border Patrol has encountered them, i.e. those that did not make it into the country. They were apprehended and likely deported. Those numbers are also inflated because there are quite a few repeat offenders thanks to Title 42. Anyway, they are catching them. so what's your beef? What's the crisis?

Do you really think Border Patrol just became 150% more efficient at their jobs from 2019 to 2022? (increase in the encounters)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

I mean, not to take sides in any way, but there is a quite clear argument that an increase in encounters probably has strong correlation to an increase in illegal crossings overall.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 06:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: Do you really think Border Patrol just became 150% more efficient at their jobs from 2019 to 2022? (increase in the encounters)

They probably have to be with all the right-wing declarations that the border is wide open and anyone can just waltz right across.  

That'd be like trying to watch the gate at a Bengals game after the Pittsburgh radio guys sneakily announced that the game was free and open to the public. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 11:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That would require making assumptions as I do not have enough information on the topic to give a firm answer. There could be myriad reasons for it.

wtf?

you've been pretty free with your assumptions up to this point, why stop now?

(08-08-2022, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't people just stop hiring illegals?  Every time we see a case like this or the guy who knocked up that girl who needed to leave the state for an abortion it's like "He worked in construction" or something to that affect.

I guess how I look at this is if my neighbor is knowingly employing or renting to an illegal and he rapes or kills someone I know and I asked him "What the hell?  Why did you bring that person here?" and he goes "Pffft......Biden man, made it easy.  Couldn't help it!" I'm not going to say "Ah, well you have a point there."

We have to look out for ourselves and each other, but by all means let's just sit around and wait for the federal government to make our bad choices illegal.  

are you saying we should be hiring Illegal Minors??

(08-08-2022, 12:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I mean the answer to that is of course apparent. They're cheap, they cannot complain about anything, they're exploitable.

But it is something I always wondered. US politicians propose walls and remain in Mexico programs and all kinds of ideas, but hardly do I hear anyone say well maybe we should control valid work permits more. Which seems to be if not the most effective, so at least the most feasible thing to do.

For sure I have an idea about why this is never even debated, but still. Instead folks want to spend huge fortunes on building and maintaining a wall even though most illegal immigrants just overstay their visas.

The worker permits are very limited. Especially for regular labor workers. 

Even exploited many can still make more daily than they would in their home countries. So that's not gonna stop them. 

What needs to happen, is the hammer needs to really come down on ANYONE that hires illegals, but it's like id'ing an 18 year old that has a license showing he is 21... 

And don't you find it ironic that the Democrats were celebrating that they negotiated a wall being built along the Arizona border, after arguing with Trump for the last 4 years about how ineffective it would be??
Reply/Quote

Title 42 was setup so we could send them back to the border faster, without clogging up the system. However the downside is they will just keep trying until they make it.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 06:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And don't you find it ironic that the Democrats were celebrating that they negotiated a wall being built along the Arizona border, after arguing with Trump for the last 4 years about how ineffective it would be??

Not really. I never took the Democratic position to be that walls at the border are a terrible idea under all circumstances. That depiction mostly was an exaggeration of the pro-wall side, kind of like calling them pro open borders.

Democrats sure were vigorously opposed to Trump's idea of spending billions on building a wall across the whole border, and I suppose they still are.

What I do find ironic, honestly, is when Trump fans and other Conservatives now point out that Biden apparently could get something done the master negotiator could not. If Democrats indeed built a wall just like Trump promised, those Trump and wall endorsing people should be full of praise for them for getting results.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 07:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not really. I never took the Democratic position to be that walls at the border are a terrible idea under all circumstances. That depiction mostly was an exaggeration of the pro-wall side, kind of like calling them pro open borders.

Democrats sure were vigorously opposed to Trump's idea of spending billions on building a wall across the whole border, and I suppose they still are.

What I do find ironic, honestly, is when Trump fans and other Conservatives now point out that Biden apparently could get something done the master negotiator could not. If Democrats indeed built a wall just like Trump promised, those Trump and wall endorsing people should be full of praise for them for getting results.

I think the left wing response to Biden "building the waaawl" was that it was put in an area where border invaders/migrants whatever you want to call them would risk drowning if they tried to cross there.  So it's like...we're trying to keep them from dying in their zeal to get here.  Seems like one of those touchy-feely left wing reasons to do something.
Reply/Quote