Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oh the humanity..
(08-10-2022, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting.  I've never talked illegal immigration with someone who hires illegals and lets them into his house.  I feel like a lot of Americans would say you were really playing with fire by doing that.  Also, I guess we will find out if any of those new IRS agents are monitoring this message board.

well it was during the late 80s early 90 when we was still growing and building up the farm.. differnt time i guess. evry one wasnt paranoid of every one. back then you didnt just assume they were illegal or ask for paperwork. a man ask you for workand is willing to work, white, black, mexican. you shake his hand a give him a chance. the world has changed now. what worked back then dont work now. unforunately now you cant help them out or give them a chance for lots of reasons. it aint the reagan times anymore.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 03:41 PM)Leon Wrote: well it was during the late 80s early 90 when we was still growing and building up the farm.. differnt time i guess. evry one wasnt paranoid of every one. back then you didnt just assume they were illegal or ask for paperwork. a man ask you for workand is willing to work, white, black, mexican. you shake his hand a give him a chance. the world has changed now. what worked back then dont work now. unforunately now you cant help them out or give them a chance for lots of reasons. it aint the reagan times anymore.

I've never heard anyone petition the government to keep out illegals while simultaneously making it sound like illegal immigrants are great people and hiring them is a necessary business practice.

How many illegals do you think you hired and housed over the years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've never heard anyone petition the government to keep out illegals while simultaneously making it sound like illegal immigrants are great people and hiring them is a necessary business practice.

How many illegals do you think you hired and housed over the years?

that was back over 30 some years so i dont remeber exactly. maybe 6-8 that helped us in our first 5 years.

also i never said anywere to keep out illegals. i said you cant just open it up an let everyone in. you cant just let criminals come in. you cant let folks with records come. there has to be some kinda sane plan. biden has made a mess of this every one just coming over willy nilly. folks dying and crimes happening. ill admit trump didnt do the best either which disapointing to me.

i dont have no problem with folks coming in through a process and i dont think they ever even have to become citizens as long as they are registered, paying taxes and obeying the law. let them earn a good living and help business hire them legit and pay them right. helps every one. but that makes to much sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:30 PM)Leon Wrote: that was back 30 some years so i dont remeber exactly. maybe 6-8. 

also i never said anywere to keep out illegals. i said you cant just open it up an let everyone in. you cant just let criminals come in. you cant let folks with records come. there has to be some kinda sane plan. biden has made a mess of this every one just coming over willy nilly. folks dying and crimes happening. ill admit trump didnt do the best either which disapointing to me.

i dont have no problem with folks coming in through a process abd i dont think they ever even have to become citizens as long as they are registered, paying taxes and obeying the law. let them earn a good living and help business hire them legit and pay them right. helps every one. but that makes to much sense.

Ok, well I'm reading a lot of double talk into this situation where you want people to pass a background check and come here legally and pay taxes, but you also admit you employed people who came here illegally and weren't subject to taxation for their employment.

I will say you've given me some perspective on how people can find illegal immigrants they personally interact with to be ok while finding the overall concept to be a dangerous and invasive problem. 

EDIT - let me add too that I'm not reading malice into your situation and what you did, but there seems to be a certain amount of "Well, when I did it it wasn't such a bad thing" sort of nostalgic air to it.  Anyways, I otter get back to work.
Reply/Quote
Finally found the last thread on the border situation 10 pages back. Just thought is was appropriate on the day 42 finally ends.

Explain to us Independents how this situation has improved under Biden's watch.

From the sidelines it looks like a bad situation has gotten worse.

https://apnews.com/article/migrants-mexico-border-asylum-title-42-4a4c55366e42b53f266ff88a8602dd0d
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 02:19 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Finally found the last thread on the border situation 10 pages back. Just thought is was appropriate on the day 42 finally ends.

Explain to us Independents how this situation has improved under Biden's watch.

From the sidelines it looks like a bad situation has gotten worse.

It hasn't. The main thing to keep in mind is that there really hasn't been much of a change since the Trump administration. The ending of Title 42 is necessary simply because the justification for it no longer exists. The Biden administration is trying to put in place policies that will have a cooling effect on immigration in anticipation of this and, in fact, there has been an uptick in illegal border crossings in recent weeks because they anticipate it being harder due to these new policies to enter and remain in the US.

The current border crisis is due to a severe backlog of those requesting asylum. This has been exacerbated in recent months due to the situation in Ukraine and other international events. We have a large number of people claiming asylum and there are a lot of them that are taking advantage of this backlog knowing they will never get their asylum approved. This is the result of chronic underfunding of the systems needed to process these requests. It's one of those issues that neither party is willing to put efforts into solving because it takes away a wedge issue they can rile up their bases with.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Isn't title 42 a pandemic restriction? Interesting look for people who lean right to support that thing at all, much less 3+ years post covid.

The disdain for immigration and support for funding the legal process seems extra politically confusing as we are seeing support for child labor laws being rolled back to 1800s standards to meet the demands for low wage and low influence workers.
Reply/Quote
[Image: disperse-lesley-nielsen.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 03:52 PM)Leon Wrote: biden is making it easy for this stuff to happen an folks gotta suffer the consiquences cause hes not competant.

I'm wondering if you have any actual specifics that would make this Biden's fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 01:20 PM)Leon Wrote: why cant you just admit that biden took a already bad situation and made it way worse by his incompitence, now folks are going to suffer even more cause of it. the length folks go to defend biden is crazy. 

As far as I'm aware Biden has done nothing but broaden the reach of title 42. Now it may be about to end but anything that's happened up to this point hasn't had anything to do with Biden lessening anything because that just hasn't happened. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much the daily screaming by prominent Republicans and right-wing media of the lie that Biden "opened the border" has to do with immigrant's idea that we have an open border? Wouldn't it have been nice that instead of exacerbating the problems, Republicans actually came to the table with legitimate, legal ideas in a sincere attempt to fix our seriously broken immigration system/ It is so sad that they would rather exploit the issue for political purposes than do their damn jobs.

Until we fix the LEGAL immigration system, there isn't a chance in the world of getting a handle on illegal immigration. And the border problem is the result pf not being able to immigrate legally. There are nearly 5 million people waiting for Green Cards. There are nearly 4 million waiting for legal visas, in the preferred family first category, just to come to the United States. Mexico is top on both lists with over 1 million waiting in each category. It can take decades to get a legal visa, get a green card, and get US citizenship. Why? Because we have an illogical, ridiculously low quota system. We still give Europeans priority even though no European country is in the top 10 immigration requests

The problems are not going to be fixed by executive order or by simply building a wall, they have to be legislated. We need money and people (from immigration judges to clerks) to clear the backlogs and to expedite processing at the border. We need better technology for things like monitoring the border, tracking immigrants, and processing paper work. Republicans are cutting the budgets for Homeland Security with their recent debt limit proposal.

The border issue isn't going to get fixed by putting bandaids on whatever is bleeding the worst at the moment. It needs a complete overhaul.

And while they obviously will get the immediate brunt, Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico should not have to carry the full burden of border migration/asylum seekers simply because they are the border states. Each of the 48 states in the continental US (Alaska and Hawaii are just logistically not workable) need to share it...not just the border states nor just the "blue" states being used for political revenge. This is a US problem not a state battle.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote