Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State defense
(12-01-2018, 10:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: BS personal foul call against Price. Now the wife is bugging me to watch something else. Oh well.

Unfortunately not BS.

He drove him to the ground, then dove on top of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Other than the one hiccup, the defense has been great so far.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like 2 red zone appearances with no points as far as I can tell in my phone. Fumble and blocked FG?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good win. As bad as they have played against lesser teams than Northwestern I think this is a pretty solid win. Probably not going to playoffs, but I’m ok with that. Some of those offenses could dismantle this D.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Good win. As bad as they have played against lesser teams than Northwestern I think this is a pretty solid win. Probably not going to playoffs, but I’m ok with that. Some of those offenses could dismantle this D.

I agree, nice win, but not nearly dominate enough to move anyone on the playoff committee.  Northwestern is a pretty fundamentally sound team.  If their QB had the same quality of receiver talent as the top ranked teams, they could have been a major player this year.  I read an ESPN bowl prediction article this morning, they had OSU facing Washington, I forget which particular bowl game they listed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The defense really turned it around in these last two games. They gave up the big run to NW but overall they played much better.

The Purdue, Nebraska, and Maryland games killed them however and it was to much much ground to make up !

The Bowl projected is Rose Bowl VS. Washington. I'd love to see them play whoever doesn't get in between Georgia and Oklahoma though.
Reply/Quote
OSU at 6. I didn’t expect them to make it, but the chairman said about Oklahoma that a one loss conference champion beat out a two loss non champion as they then put Ga ahead of OSU

Reply/Quote
Got tired of hearing what if Washington played like this in the 1st half. They didn’t. Sorry.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Got tired of hearing what if Washington played like this in the 1st half. They didn’t. Sorry.

Game never should have been that close. Buckeyes laid down after 28-3 lead
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Game never should have been that close. Buckeyes laid down after 28-3 lead

Yep.  Held a team to 3 pts for 48 minutes, then allow them 3 TDs?  Schiano needs to go.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep.  Held a team to 3 pts for 48 minutes, then allow them 3 TDs?  Schiano needs to go.

I hope that's Days first move

Buh Bye Schiano
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope that's Days first move

Buh Bye Schiano

According to what my Dad reads, Day is looking to replace DB and LB coaches, as well as someone to take his place as OC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to what my Dad reads, Day is looking to replace DB and LB coaches, as well as someone to take his place as OC.

Did Borland get hurt? They Browning in at LB during the 4th qtr and Washington magically got their running game going. Wade needs to be replaced next season. Guy is awful in coverage. 
Reply/Quote