Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State defense
MSU first drive he did not pick up that fourth and inches.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1st qtr. D getting some help with penalties and some bad passes but looking decent. O looks like they are just learning how to play. Line looks terrible. Backs are getting hit in the backfield, and it’s hard to believe they don’t have someone who can do better than 59.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 02:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 1st qtr. D getting some help with penalties and some bad passes but looking decent. O looks like they are just learning how to play. Line looks terrible. Backs are getting hit in the backfield, and it’s hard to believe they don’t have someone who can do better than 59.

Prince is terrible.  Dad and I have been upset about him being the starter for two years now.  I find it hard to believe that in two consecutive recruiting classes, that someone else hasn't risen to the level of challenging, and unseating Prince for that starting spot.  If that is the best that OSU can find to put out there at RT, then recruiting must be bleak...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The biggest concern to me is that Meyer doesn't have the ability to line guys up and pound it on 3rd and 2 without a mobile QB. That was the best field position he was going to start a drive with and it went nowhere. He has to change QBs if he can't run an offense tailored to a pocket passer...
Reply/Quote
Someone needs to knock the snot out of 48. Punk.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The biggest concern to me is that Meyer doesn't have the ability to line guys up and pound it on 3rd and 2 without a mobile QB.  That was the best field position he was going to start a drive with and it went nowhere.  He has to change QBs if he can't run an offense tailored to a pocket passer...

That is a topic that Dad and I have talked about, ad nauseum.  Every lineman on that team was recruited for the RPO that Meyer typically insists upon running.  We think that it's now to the point that decent OTs won't even consider OSU, as they want to prepare for the NFL in a more traditional, Pro Set style of offense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The black QB is the passer and the white guy is the runner. This country is making progress. LOL

Reply/Quote
Is 4 TOs in a row a record?

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a topic that Dad and I have talked about, ad nauseum.  Every lineman on that team was recruited for the RPO that Meyer typically insists upon running.  We think that it's now to the point that decent OTs won't even consider OSU, as they want to prepare for the NFL in a more traditional, Pro Set style of offense.

It seems even Urban is realizing it, since he finally put in Martell when he needed running yards.  Sad thing is it was clearly a QB keeper...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It seems even Urban is realizing it, since he finally put in Martell when he needed running yards.  Sad thing is it was clearly a QB keeper...

One of my biggest peeves about football, is having personnel on the field dictating what play or package that you're going to run.  I hate, absolutely detest that method.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One of my biggest peeves about football, is having personnel on the field dictating what play or package that you're going to run.  I hate, absolutely detest that method.

Agreed.

It's one of the things that bugs the shit out of me in the Game Day threads when people complain that Gio was run up the middle; or Jeremy Hill was given an outside run; or last season stating that Ross should at least be on the field running GO routes...
Reply/Quote
Damn, Dixon thinking about the YAC before making the catch...
Reply/Quote
After his opening shank, punter pretty much responsible for 9 points.

Reply/Quote
Nice job recovering that loose ball. That wasn't an easy change of direction...
Reply/Quote
Get the ball on the 15 and kick from the 18.

Reply/Quote
I didn’t The the safety live. Was that on purpose? Give up 2 for field position?

Reply/Quote
With their field position today, they should have 50.

Reply/Quote
Ironically enough, the defense has actually played well today. Offense? Not so much...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Haskins needs to keep the ball sometimes. Defense just flat out ignores him.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a topic that Dad and I have talked about, ad nauseum.  Every lineman on that team was recruited for the RPO that Meyer typically insists upon running.  We think that it's now to the point that decent OTs won't even consider OSU, as they want to prepare for the NFL in a more traditional, Pro Set style of offense.

I came to this conclusion about 3 weeks ago. Love Haskins but he doesn't fit the offense. Martell might be more in play in the last couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote