Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State football
Overall a good win over a top 5 opponent, but CJ has got to stop having these terrible first halves. He does it way too often. He also needs to tuck it and run when there is an opportunity. And run the damn ball. In the plus side the D was solid. And I still don’t know about Day. Took him 3 quarters to decide to run the ball regularly even though they had success when they did run it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wasn't pretty, to say the least. The offense just never got to firing on all cylinders. Stroud was missing low a good bit and Smith Njigba getting hurt in first few minutes didn't help. But they dominated the 2nd half, especially the defense and pulled out a win.

Gotta get that offense on track.
Reply/Quote
I knew ND was going to be a good match up. I'm taking it as it was the first time playing against someone else's, no preseason or scrimmages. Hell, we could have played cupcake U. I think this team can get rolling in a couple of weeks. I think Day is a great coach to be honest.
Reply/Quote
So OSU beats the #5 and drops a spot? Tough crowd.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So OSU beats the #5 and drops a spot? Tough crowd.

And the #5 only fell to #8. Meanwhile they are jumped by a team whose opponent dropped from #11 to unranked.
Reply/Quote
Some, not all, Rutgers fans are still whining about the fake punt. So you can go all out in a punt block, leave the punter uncovered and the OSU punter is just supposed to quit doing what he is supposed to do? That was a horrible block attempt against an Aussie kicker but they want to blame the kicker. How about not try to block a punt down forty and expect the other team to lie down for you? It would be really nice to call plays if you can demand the other team not do anything to exploit your mistakes. Blown coverage? You can’t throw to that guy when you’re up 40.

Reply/Quote
So I'm just now getting into the fourth quarter of my recording of the Rutgers game. I was super high on my local guy Henderson, but holy crap is Miyan Williams impressive!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 11:26 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I'm just now getting into the fourth quarter of my recording of the Rutgers game. I was super high on my local guy Henderson, but holy crap is Miyan Williams impressive!

Yeah he was a ***** that game.

Reply/Quote
1st time Iv seen CJ throw a pick 6
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 05:31 PM)Housh Wrote: 1st time Iv seen CJ throw a pick 6

Someone messed up there.

Reply/Quote
Two completely unnecessary penalties get MSU to the end zone.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone messed up there.

Over thinking his WR.

Smart QBs sometimes think their WRs see the same thing they see. Or at least that’s what i think happened
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Jesus Marvin Harrison’s son is damn near impossible to guard one on one.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Jesus Marvin Harrison’s son is damn near impossible to guard one on one.

He’s ridiculous. Just imagine when Jaxon comes back. But they literally have better backups that most teams firsts.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He’s ridiculous. Just imagine when Jaxon comes back. But they literally have better backups that most teams firsts.

I’d love to see his combine stats whenever he comes out

He doesn’t seem like he’s outclassing everyone athletically. He just seems like a solid route runner, hands guy, and just good at positioning.

That’s scary. That type of WR lasts for 15 years in the NFL.

Reminds me of his dad for sure. Never really thought Marvin was an athletic freak either. Just was a great WR

But what do i know. Jr may be a 4.3 guy and i just don’t know.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:54 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d love to see his combine stats whenever he comes out

He doesn’t seem like he’s outclassing everyone athletically. He just seems like a solid route runner, hands guy, and just good at positioning.

That’s scary. That type of WR lasts for 15 years in the NFL.

Reminds me of his dad for sure. Never really thought Marvin was an athletic freak either. Just was a great WR

But what do i know. Jr may be a 4.3 guy and i just don’t know.

Oh I don’t think he’s a freak at all. I mean compared to you and me yeah, but he’s just excellent at his position. Taught by the best. I always wonder what poor saps had to try to cover these guys in high school. Or lwhat fat slow 270 lb kid had to try to block one of the Bosa boys?

Reply/Quote
Yeah, Harrison Jr. is already looking like he's going to be an impact player on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
Ya'll going to need to play a real team and see how good you really are. Terrible schedule coming out so far with Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Michigan State being very mediocre. And you don't even have Illinois at 6-1 to contend with. Then Michigan killed Penn State.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Ya'll going to need to play a real team and see how good you really are. Terrible schedule coming out so far with Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Michigan State being very mediocre. And you don't even have Illinois at 6-1 to contend with. Then Michigan killed Penn State.

its not our fault these other teams suck so bad. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Ya'll going to need to play a real team and see how good you really are. Terrible schedule coming out so far with Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Michigan State being very mediocre. And you don't even have Illinois at 6-1 to contend with. Then Michigan killed Penn State.

The ND game looked like it was going to be a good matchup, until it wasn't.  Penn State seems like they were a little overhyped and overrated early this season, as well.  I'm sure that very few people would have predicted that Wisconsin would be struggling the way they are this season either.  So far it's looking like back to the old days, Michigan/OSU going to decide the conference champion and the winner will likely be facing Illinois for affirmation of that title.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote