Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State football
(10-21-2022, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The ND game looked like it was going to be a good matchup, until it wasn't.  Penn State seems like they were a little overhyped and overrated early this season, as well.  I'm sure that very few people would have predicted that Wisconsin would be struggling the way they are this season either.  So far it's looking like back to the old days, Michigan/OSU going to decide the conference champion and the winner will likely be facing Illinois for affirmation of that title.

This is the first season in a while I’m thinking ahead of time Michigan might beat them. Although Michigan has had some hiccups themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:08 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This is the first season in a while I’m thinking ahead of time Michigan might beat them. Although Michigan has had some hiccups themselves.

And they've played?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Marvin Jr benches 380? Don’t tell me God doesn’t play favorites.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Stroud had three of the most ridiculous throws in a row. One to Jr then the TD pass then the TD to Fleming.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:08 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This is the first season in a while I’m thinking ahead of time Michigan might beat them. Although Michigan has had some hiccups themselves.

Shouldn't happen again for another 20 years
Reply/Quote
Okay, so I'm a Michigan fan. I grew up in Ann Arbor, walking to Michigan Football games. There are definitely Michigan fans out there who are mad at me about this, but I absolutely do not hate Ohio State. Year after year they produce fantastic squads who are exciting to watch. They have been able to change their game plan seemingly mid-drive many times where most teams need to reconfigure and regroup at halftime. I look forward to the Ohio State/Michigan game every year because I hope it's just a knock down, drag out great football game. Lately the Buckeyes have walked all over the Wolverines. Last year was so great because it was actually a good game. Both teams fought hard, and were exciting to watch. I hope it's another great game this year, no matter who wins. I hope it's like a four point difference when time expires. Like a 34-31 type win.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:19 AM)midnightorb Wrote: Okay, so I'm a Michigan fan. I grew up in Ann Arbor, walking to Michigan Football games. There are definitely Michigan fans out there who are mad at me about this, but I absolutely do not hate Ohio State. Year after year they produce fantastic squads who are exciting to watch. They have been able to change their game plan seemingly mid-drive many times where most teams need to reconfigure and regroup at halftime.  I look forward to the Ohio State/Michigan game every year because I hope it's just a knock down, drag out great football game. Lately the Buckeyes have walked all over the Wolverines. Last year was so great because it was actually a good game. Both teams fought hard, and were exciting to watch. I hope it's another great game this year, no matter who wins. I hope it's like a four point difference when time expires. Like a 34-31 type win.

I can't be like that.  Don't want the stress.  I'll take 40 point victories every time.  

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't be like that.  Don't want the stress.  I'll take 40 point victories every time.  

lol yeah, they can be fun too. With a 40 point victory, at least one team was fun to watch.  What is always super annoying to me is the like 12-9 victories where every score was a field goal.
Reply/Quote
Notre Dame is whipping #4 Clemson 35-14 with a couple minutes left in the game. This really helps Ohio State's resume making their win over ND look that much better.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 11:40 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Notre Dame is whipping #4 Clemson 35-14 with a couple minutes left in the game. This really helps Ohio State's resume making their win over ND look that much better.

Clemson is balls. Well they’re okay but they were never a top 4 team. Georgia showed out. I don’t think Ohio State would beat UGA in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 03:35 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Clemson is balls. Well they’re okay but they were never a top 4 team. Georgia showed out. I don’t think Ohio State would beat UGA in the playoffs.

Agree on Clemson, they've barely won against several not so great teams all year. They've been on borrowed time for awhile now and should never have been placed in top 4.

And with the way the Buckeyes are playing now Georgia would squash Ohio St. They had better get it together and fast.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree on Clemson, they've barely won against several not so great teams all year. They've been on borrowed time for awhile now and should never have been placed in top 4.

And with the way the Buckeyes are playing now Georgia would squash Ohio St. They had better get it together and fast.

They might not be Michigan if they play this way against them. But both Michigan and Ohio state both start slow this year. When they’re not doing as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree on Clemson, they've barely won against several not so great teams all year. They've been on borrowed time for awhile now and should never have been placed in top 4.

(11-06-2022, 10:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: They might not be Michigan if they play this way against them. But both Michigan and Ohio state both start slow this year. When they’re not doing as well.

There was 50+ mph winds and they were missing their top RB. Without those winds they easily put 40+ points up on Northwestern guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
I’m hating how this Maryland game is going.

This seems like a game you mess around and lose
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 07:12 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m hating how this Maryland game is going.

This seems like a game you mess around and lose

5 penalties in the 1st qtr says it all. Not ready to play today. Baby Tua looked like the Heisman front runner in the first half.

Reply/Quote
Not quite getting why corners are playing so far off.

Reply/Quote
Bucks Win!!! All is well!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And they've played?

Welp they actually smacked the Buckeyes. I’m surprised they beat them that bad (relative to how the rivalry has gone for almost the entire time I’ve watched college football)
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 09:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bucks Win!!! All is well!

Couldn't have said better myself   Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Couldn't have said better myself   Ninja

Clemson suffered their 2nd loss today. So it comes down to USC and if they can beat ND tonight and win next week. A loss in either of those and there's no way Ohio State gets left out. USC wins out and it gets interesting.
Reply/Quote