Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State football
(11-26-2022, 06:10 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Clemson suffered their 2nd loss today. So it comes down to USC and if they can beat ND tonight and win next week. A loss in either of those and there's no way Ohio State gets left out. USC wins out and it gets interesting.

Yeah Tennessee was in a similar position not too long ago, but y’all don’t have to play anymore games lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:59 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Welp they actually smacked the Buckeyes. I’m surprised they beat them that bad (relative to how the rivalry has gone for almost the entire time I’ve watched college football)

This comment got me curious to look up the all-time series and I am floored that Michigan leads all time. Prior to 2003, Michigan did really well against tOSU. I started watching CFB in 2009, so I just assumed the tOSU owned the all-time series.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:10 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Clemson suffered their 2nd loss today. So it comes down to USC and if they can beat ND tonight and win next week. A loss in either of those and there's no way Ohio State gets left out. USC wins out and it gets interesting.

Yeah, will be an interesting finish.  It should be a six-team field anyway, but they didn't ask me.  Really want ND to lose, but they are unrivaled in pulling a win out of their ass when needed, it seems.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Another embarrassment. Five TDs over 50 yards? I don’t want OSU anywhere near the playoffs. OSU success is 100% recruiting and 0% coaching.

Do they even have a legit QB next year?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
CJ Stroud is a paper tiger and always has been. Whatever "it" is, he doesn't possess it. Bill of goods.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 09:25 PM)samhain Wrote: CJ Stroud is a paper tiger and always has been. Whatever "it" is, he doesn't possess it. Bill of goods.

You think he was the problem?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This comment got me curious to look up the all-time series and I am floored that Michigan leads all time. Prior to 2003, Michigan did really well against tOSU. I started watching CFB in 2009, so I just assumed the tOSU owned the all-time series.

Michigan is an ancient powerhouse with the likes of Oklahoma and Alabama. They’ve been very successful for a very long time. Just not as much recently with Ohio State eating up most of the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
Buckeyes got outcoached imo, plain and simple. Day is a fraud that inherited an elite program from Urban Meyer. And whoever that defensive coordinator is was just awful in their biggest game of the season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:38 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Buckeyes got outcoached imo, plain and simple. Day is a fraud that inherited an elite program from Urban Meyer. And whoever that defensive coordinator is was just awful in their biggest game of the season.

Bingo

It's like once Day comes up with a game plan he refuses to change. "It's going to work come hell or high water" It has to be good, it was my plan.

And stuck with the man to man on defense even after they got roasted time and again. 
Reply/Quote
USC blown out by Utah 47-24. Buckeyes should be in the playoff!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 02:52 AM)cinci4life Wrote: USC blown out by Utah 47-24. Buckeyes should be in the playoff!!!

Lord get overratted all year long and wallopped the first decent team you play against, not have to play a Championship game and still get in. I reckon ya'll face Georgia unless TCU loses then I'm not sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 08:41 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Lord get overratted all year long and wallopped the first decent team you play against, not have to play a Championship game and still get in. I reckon ya'll face Georgia unless TCU loses then I'm not sure.

First "decent team"? Notre Dame and Penn St say hello. Let's not act like they aren't in the top 25. And newsflash this isn't the first time a team will be in the playoffs and not play for their conference championship so don't try to sell bs that no one will buy.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 05:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: First "decent team"? Notre Dame and Penn St say hello. Let's not act like they aren't in the top 25. And newsflash this isn't the first time a team will be in the playoffs and not play for their conference championship so don't try to sell bs that no one will buy.

True. Wisconsin got hosed by Alabama that way. TBH I’m fine if they don’t go to the playoffs. No need to get rolled by Georgia in front of the whole country.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 06:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: True. Wisconsin got hosed by Alabama that way. TBH I’m fine if they don’t go to the playoffs. No need to get rolled by Georgia in front of the whole country.

Considering TCU just lost albeit in OT, they might not be playing Georgia now. Besides who says they would get rolled? Georgia damn near lost to Kent St and Mizzou.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 06:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Considering TCU just lost albeit in OT, they might not be playing Georgia now. Besides who says they would get rolled? Georgia damn near lost to Kent St and Mizzou.

Well then it’s Michigan and Day has been whipped twice in a row by them, and his team collapsed in the 4th quarter this time.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 08:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then it’s Michigan and Day has been whipped twice in a row by them, and his team collapsed in the 4th quarter this time.

I hope like hell it's Ohio State vs Michigan.  Day needs to be coaching for his job.  Why hide from it?  Give him another crack at it and put some skin in the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 05:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: First "decent team"? Notre Dame and Penn St say hello. Let's not act like they aren't in the top 25. And newsflash this isn't the first time a team will be in the playoffs and not play for their conference championship so don't try to sell bs that no one will buy.

Get your head out if your ass. Penn State has played no one worth a damn except Ohio State and Michigan who they lost too. They’re a paper top 10 team.

Notre Dame always has a good schedule but they are still an 8-4 team hardly a marquee win. Then you got beat by Michigan.

Everyone else on the schedule was mediocre to downright bad.

Ohio state will get run over by any team not named TCU in the playoffs mark my words. Most likely getting Michigan rematch. I just hope TCU gets in over Alabama still.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 06:06 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Get your head out if your ass. Penn State has played no one worth a damn except Ohio State and Michigan who they lost too. They’re a paper top 10 team.

Notre Dame always has a good schedule but they are still an 8-4 team hardly a marquee win. Then you got beat by Michigan.

Everyone else on the schedule was mediocre to downright bad.

Ohio state will get run over by any team not named TCU in the playoffs mark my words. Most likely getting Michigan rematch. I just hope TCU gets in over Alabama still.

Who are all these other teams that are playing these big time schedules and winning? Day isn’t good enough to beat GA and Michigan but who are all these other teams not named TCU who are going to run all over them?

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who are all these other teams that are playing these big time schedules and winning? Day isn’t good enough to beat GA and Michigan but who are all these other teams not named TCU who are going to run all over them?

You answered your own question
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You answered your own question

So they were overrated by one spot? Should have been 3 instead of 2?

Reply/Quote