Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State signs new OC
And it's former Ok St. OC Mike Yurcich.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Mike-Yurcich-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-passing-game-coordinator-and-quarterbacks-coach-127238787/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice move, I like it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good move, Day is wasting no time. I like it
Reply/Quote
I just read where Justin Fields is making it official, he's coming to Ohio State. Martel should consider switching to slot receiver.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just read where Justin Fields is making it official, he's coming to Ohio State.  Martel should consider switching to slot receiver.

Saw that.  Martel is saying he will be the starting QB.  The one article I read also said his immediate transfer may be approved because some baseball player made a racial slur toward him.  Sounds like a stretch as a reason, but I'll take it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Saw that.  Martel is saying he will be the starting QB.  The one article I read also said his immediate transfer may be approved because some baseball player made a racial slur toward him.  Sounds like a stretch as a reason, but I'll take it.

In the limited action that I've seen of Martel, he's an exciting runner, but didn't show me much as a passing QB.  I completely get that Fields can also run like an NFL RB, but the last thing that OSU needs is to go back to being one dimensional with the non-stop RPO.  Besides, they have way too much talent at the skill positions to go that route. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the limited action that I've seen of Martel, he's an exciting runner, but didn't show me much as a passing QB.  I completely get that Fields can also run like an NFL RB, but the last thing that OSU needs is to go back to being one dimensional with the non-stop RPO.  Besides, they have way too much talent at the skill positions to go that route. 

Be nice if he can run like JT and throw like Dwayne
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the limited action that I've seen of Martel, he's an exciting runner, but didn't show me much as a passing QB.  I completely get that Fields can also run like an NFL RB, but the last thing that OSU needs is to go back to being one dimensional with the non-stop RPO.  Besides, they have way too much talent at the skill positions to go that route. 

To be fair, it seemed rare that he was asked to pass when he was on the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just read where Justin Fields is making it official, he's coming to Ohio State.  Martel should consider switching to slot receiver.

There was one game where Martel did ok passing I forget who against ? The rest of the time he hasn't looked at ease at all.
Reply/Quote