Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Supreme Court Rejects New Voting Map
The chief justice breaks with his party to deem it unconstitutional, which is obviously was and is sad that the other 3 voted to allow it to go into effect. Also interesting to note that no justice was willing to sign the dissent as the lead author, which had never occurred before. Overall glad that they couldn't ram this through but will be curious to see how this goes.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/01/14/redistricting-ohio-supreme-court-decision-congressional-map-gerrymandering/9119566002/
Reply/Quote
I am so sick of gerrymandering. The fact that we have to fight against this so much in today's society is just ludicrous. Why do the voters put up with it? Why does the electorate tolerate their politicians choosing their constituents versus the people choosing their reps?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 04:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am so sick of gerrymandering. The fact that we have to fight against this so much in today's society is just ludicrous. Why do the voters put up with it? Why does the electorate tolerate their politicians choosing their constituents versus the people choosing their reps?

I'm gonna venture a guess that because once they have the districts rigged its almost impossible to get the party out that rigged them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Ohio voters overwhelmingly passed a bipartisan constitutional amendment in 2018 to avoid partisan gerrymandered districts.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/386839-ohio-voters-pass-redistricting-reform-initiative

The 3 judges who voted for this to proceed should be disbarred or whatever. Removed from office impeached. Whatever the term is. Scumbag judges drive me freaking nuts.

Of course they are republicans, completely disregarding the state constitution and the will of the voters.

Really total bullshit. I think I heard the one Republican who voted with the majority is about to reach a term limit. So maybe that had something to do with following the law and doing the right thing.
Reply/Quote