Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Companies post record profits
The 3 largest western oil companies posted record profits in the 2nd QTR

Exxon $17.9 bln
Chevron $11.6 bln
Shell $11.5 bln

All 3 companies have embarked on an aggressive stock buyback program to ensure that those profits go into the pockets of the Board of Directors and largest stockholders.

Tell me again how the high gas prices are all Joe Biden's fault?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I dId ThAt
Reply/Quote
*waiting patiently for Stewie to enter the chat*
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: *waiting patiently for Stewie to enter the chat*

Do you think he's gonna type it all again or just link to one of his other posts?

You've got to admit it's still a bad look.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: *waiting patiently for Stewie to enter the chat*

Looking forward to it. Rare to get expert analysis without a political slant. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Do you think he's gonna type it all again or just link to one of his other posts?

I think he'll, once again, point out how the overly simplistic view expressed in OP is exactly that.

(07-29-2022, 12:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Looking forward to it. Rare to get expert analysis without a political slant. 

Indeed.
Reply/Quote
https://www.bankrate.com/investing/stock-buybacks/

Here is a good article why buybacks happen. There are both good and bad narratives. But in general, if the company is doing well, then the results can create positive effects, as long as the company is healthy when doing it.
Reply/Quote
Stock buybacks at a time your company is making record profits and consumers are a paying record amounts for your essential product is a very bad look regardless of their reasons. Mostly what is shows is that the company was gouging your for the good of their wallets

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:08 PM)pally Wrote: Tell me again how the high gas prices are all Joe Biden's fault?

Only ill informed idiots are telling you that, and no one HERE should be telling you that as I have posted over and over why the POTUS has no control on oil prices, ever regardless of who is in office.

As usual, the POTUS gets all the blame and all the kudos for things they don't do.

Also, you attempting to the oil companies, shows your own ignorance, but I covered that in previous responses to you.
Reply/Quote

(07-29-2022, 12:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Do you think he's gonna type it all again or just link to one of his other posts?

(07-29-2022, 12:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Looking forward to it. Rare to get expert analysis without a political slant. 

(07-29-2022, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think he'll, once again, point out how the overly simplistic view expressed in OP is exactly that.

Indeed.

If Pally would actually go back to the books I've already written instead of continuing to post biased ignorant rhetoric, I might type more.  But why should I repeat myself.....again?

Engaging in Stock buy backs for good sounds reasons for company and investor health......also investing BILLIONS in renewable energy and CCS, when govt's are still just talking about it and doing nothing.  The true bad look is the ignorant populace slapping their rage boners (love that phrase) all over the place and looking like idiots.  But it's easy to rage, but takes time to actually learn.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 02:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: If Pally would actually go back to the books I've already written instead of continuing to post biased ignorant rhetoric, I might type more.  But why should I repeat myself.....again?

Engaging in Stock buy backs for good sounds reasons for company and investor health......also investing BILLIONS in renewable energy and CCS, when govt's are still just talking about it and doing nothing.  The true bad look is the ignorant populace slapping their rage boners (love that phrase) all over the place and looking like idiots.  But it's easy to rage, but takes time to actually learn.

But wouldn't you agree that investing billions into renewable energy while simultaneously lobbying politicians to hold down government programs into green energy is kind of dumb? I mean it's legitimately talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Also: you're welcome for rage boner.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 02:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: If Pally would actually go back to the books I've already written instead of continuing to post biased ignorant rhetoric, I might type more.  But why should I repeat myself.....again?

You can always just copy and paste, brother.  But I appreciate you continuing to fight the good fight.  You're getting a little taste of what I deal with every time a law enforcement interaction goes bad.  It's literally endless repetition to people who have no desire to learn.
Reply/Quote

You can say that stock buybacks are good for business, that they use it for good, not evil, but the reality is that the members of the boardroom keep getting richer and everyone else pays.  That brought back stock far too often goes straight to insiders as stock options.  

These oil executives have been at the front of the line whining about needing handouts from the government.  Doesn't look like they need it from the little guys view.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 02:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You can always just copy and paste, brother.  But I appreciate you continuing to fight the good fight.  You're getting a little taste of what I deal with every time a law enforcement interaction goes bad.  It's literally endless repetition to people who have no desire to learn.

Plenty of folks learned all they need to about LEOs over the last few years.

Killing folks unprovoked, not saving kids, attacking women. Brave brave jackboots.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Plenty of folks learned all they need to about LEOs over the last few years.

Killing folks unprovoked, not saving kids, attacking women. Brave brave jackboots.

Oh no, are we going to get another of your off your meds rants now?  Not that they aren't entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh no, are we going to get another of your off your meds rants now?  Not that they aren't entertaining.

Are you going to get upset and brutalize some minority? It's damn near noon and I haven't seen any horrifying stories about cops killing someone. Slow day?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Are you going to get upset and brutalize some minority?

It's damn near noon and I haven't seen any horrifying stories about cops killing someone. Slow day?

I'll leave you with this, because you're becoming boring.  You think something you say to me on the internet is going to bother me or hurt my feelings?  Seriously?  I'll leave you to complain about Brad while perfectly emulating him.  Enjoy your weekend.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll leave you with this, because you're becoming boring.  You think something you say to me on the internet is going to bother me or hurt my feelings?  Seriously?  I'll leave you to complain about Brad while perfectly emulating him.  Enjoy your weekend.

Can't kill em - best to take your ball and run on home eh?

Pretty high and mighty stance you're taking given how often you talk down to people and how many back handed comments you make that I'm sure are there to make friends.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Are you going to get upset and brutalize some minority? It's damn near noon and I haven't seen any horrifying stories about cops killing someone. Slow day?

(07-29-2022, 03:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll leave you with this, because you're becoming boring.  You think something you say to me on the internet is going to bother me or hurt my feelings?  Seriously?  I'll leave you to complain about Brad while perfectly emulating him.  Enjoy your weekend.

*thinks you two need to get a room*
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 03:07 PM)pally Wrote: You can say that stock buybacks are good for business, that they use it for good, not evil, but the reality is that the members of the boardroom keep getting richer and everyone else pays.  That brought back stock far too often goes straight to insiders as stock options.  

These oil executives have been at the front of the line whining about needing handouts from the government.  Doesn't look like they need it from the little guys view.

And again you have no interest in learning.....anything.

And the oil executives have not been whining for handouts.  They sucked it up during the oil crash.  You provide ONE....one single link where big oil executives asked for a hand out during the oil crash of 2014-2016.  I know I'm going to be waiting a long time because you won't find one.....you're just spewing ignorance.

They do make a lot of money though.  No doubt.  But then so do most CEO's, not just Oil CEO's.  So what, you're against Corporate America now?  At least when Big Oil pays out big money to their executives, they aren't posting losses.  Like when telecommunications companies were paying their exec's 10's of millions and going bankrupt.  Won't see that in the Energy industry.
Reply/Quote