Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok...So one more Pre free agency PFN Simulation
I am really intrigued by the draft this year because there are some many different scenarios that could play out this season. While there are moves every year I believe this could really be a draft of movement player by player. I believe this is a year that the Bengals should really try to capitalize on this movement as well. It is not a secret that we need to build the O line and this is a great draft to do that.

In this simulation the Jets had grabbed Sewell at #2. Lawrence was off the board, obviously and New England jumped up to take Fields. When we got to our selection at #5 Wilson and Lance were still available. It is not a secret that the Jets are still looking to upgrade at QB. I traded with Detroit getting their 7th overall as well as the 41st selection. It was at this point that with the two QBs sitting there that the Jets offered up the 23rd selection as well as the 34th and 107th. I made the trade and they took Lance.

This is exactly a scenario I would like to see the Bengals employee in this draft. Following is how it turned out:

Round 1 - 23rd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.KluHyOnLgvPkX-SgA9gPawHaD4&pid...=293&h=154]

Alijah Vera-Tucker - OL - USC - 6'4" 315

Considered by many to be one of the most talented and versatile O line prospects in the draft. Could line up at either guard or tackle position and play them at a high level. Automatic upgrade at any position other than LT and that could be a even exchange between him and Williams. This selection gives the team real options moving forward in the draft.

Round 2 - 34th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.0J5pZq8n5H0WFMneZAi0oQHaEK&pid...=288&h=162]

Tevin Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma State - 6'6" 320

Jenkins has been mentioned in many different spots in the draft ranging from late first round to the 4th round. I feel he is being really undervalued by many pundits. He has a true mauler mentality and is aggressive as a blocker looking to put defenders on their backs. He does not have elite wingspan but that is about as negative as you can get about him and his game. He moves into the day 1 starting RT position and never looks back.

Round 2 - 38th overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.CQa9gVqXT5SxKvHeHvSTYwHaD4&pid...=315&h=166]

Jaelan Phillips - DE - Miami(Fla) - 6'5" 266

As well as the O line I believe we need to improve the D front. Outside of Hubbard and Lawson we have nothing to speak of in the pass rush impact game. Phillips has the tools to become a premier pass rusher in the NFL. Elite get off speed and a really high motor. Will continue to get stronger working in an NFL weight room and will be able to work situationally behind Hubbard and Lawson. If by chance Lawson does not return then it will make this selection even more important.

Round 2 - 41st Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.QK612g8CvqzhBZ5HFD4-NwHaE8&pid...=243&h=163]

Liam Eichenberg - OT - ND - 6'6" 305

Eichenberg just does not give up sacks. That we even while blocking for one of the most unpredictable QBs in the country in Ian Book. Eichenberg may not always look pretty doing it but he always seems to get the job done. Eichenberg could easily slide into the starting LT position freeing the Bengals up to move Williams inside in an effort to have the 5 best linemen on the field. Much like when Whit was starting at OG.

Round 3 - 69th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.mHUVcw-Ur0Adnc88yxloiAHaE7&pid...=264&h=177]

Daviyon Nixon - DT - Iowa - 6'3" 305

Unfortunately, Geno has never been able to fully come back from his injuries and has not offered the same production he once did. It is time to shed his salary and get younger at his spot and this just made that transition way easier. I have heard the hands of Nixon referred to as violent and several say he is not even close to a finished product. Brings the same style game as Geno only with a larger frame to do it. Explodes out of his stance and likes to play in the backfield. Will be an awesome pairing with Reader.

Round 4 - 110th Overall
*had the 107th but traded it and 233rd to Cleveland for 110th and 170th

[Image: th?id=OIP.rkCRBlZEST6W-uaZb87TBQHaE7&pid...=246&h=165]

Nico Collins - WR - Xichigan - 6'4" 215

Great addition to our receiving corp and gives Burrow a big target with extremely good hands. Not a burner but has functional speed and and a good catch radius. Fights for the ball and can elevate to get it. Needs to become a more consistent route runner but that is not unusual coming out of college. Should see the field early for this offense.

Round 4 - 111th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.lMD-W7hcHLHcnv2JAwsebwHaD4&pid...=321&h=169]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'2" 198

Williams has been a bright spot for the Orangeman defense. He has the size, speed, hips, and ball skills to be a boundary starting CB at the NFL level. Williams might take a season to push for a starting spot but there are no real negatives to his game. Could push for some playing time as a rookie and certainly would be a special teams performer. You can never have too many quality DBs in the NFL.

Round 5 - 150th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.6KDX2lnv1n0atV77fLiUIgHaE8&pid...=240&h=161]

Paulson Adebo - CB - Stanford - 6'1" 190

I had no intentions of going back-to-back corners but I never thought Adebo would be sitting here in the 5th. One of the more underrated corners in this draft. Brings all the attributes physical and mental that you are looking for in a boundary shut-down corner. Has size, speed, and length for the position but his best attributes could be the way he plays the game. He is a ball hawk and he attacks the ball as if he is a wide receiver. Needs to play with more consistency and could stand to become a bit more physical against the run.

Round 5 - 170th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.phOopxvKZiWmllobBVfT7wHaD5&pid...=292&h=155]

Tre' Mckitty - TE - Georgia - 6'4" 250

With a talent like Burrow it is great to have all the weapons you can. In Mckitty you get a TE that can do most things pretty well. He is a good blocker and willing blocker. He has really good hands but his biggest strength may be his ability after the catch. Tre' has very functional football speed for the TE position and in the open field is able to create. Most of the concerns about his game come from needing to polish some things up. Should see the field early as a receiver.

Round 6 - 192nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.IhhfMi1KvEqkscTedj3iKwHaE8&pid...=227&h=152]

Alaric Jackson - T/G - Iowa - 6'5" 318

Iowa has been an O line factory and Jackson is yet another very technically sound product of the school. Strong punishing blocker. Does not possess elite athleticism though he lined up at LT for the Hawkeyes and he does not have elite arm length. He is not an NFL starting LT but I believe he could play RT at the NFL level as well as projecting well as guy that could make the move inside. I see him battling for a starting spot on the interior of the line and worst case he becomes first off the bench as a swing tackle or guard.

Round 7 - 231st Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.vH1fMb4YKqoXLc0XFv7xegHaEK&pid...=271&h=153]

Jonathon Cooper - DE - Ohio State - 6'3" 254

Cooper is an intriguing prospect that show some value at the end of the season for the Buckeyes. I see him maybe as spending a season on the practice squad but could sneak on to the roster as a backup and special teams contributor. If he makes the roster then could be used as a situational rusher that could line up in various spots on the D line in the role. Does not have elite attributes but is a high motor guy with relentless work ethic.
Reply/Quote
Bro.... best mock I’ve seen yet. This would be amazing if this happened
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bro.... best mock I’ve seen yet.  This would be amazing if this happened

I really believe they need to employ a strategy similar to this. I don't think they can be married to Sewell or Chase at #5 but rather need to be open to listening to every offer out there. I think that making two or three trades down in increments and acquiring some other 2nd and 3rd round selections could be huge for building the core of this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 08:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I really believe they need to employ a strategy similar to this. I don't think they can be married to Sewell or Chase at #5 but rather need to be open to listening to every offer out there. I think that making two or three trades down in increments and acquiring some other 2nd and 3rd round selections could be huge for building the core of this team.

As much as I’d love for us to have Sewell I still think like u said the best thing for them to do is trade back collect more picks and just take the best tackle available wherever u trade back to. Shoot trade back with Washington and take their 2nd third and 4th from em. They can come up and get their qb and now we are loaded with picks
Reply/Quote
It's a great depth draft, but I'd be very disappointed if we turned a top 5 pick into a bunch of 2nd tier prospects.

I'd take the trade back with Detroit, but I'd stay put there and take one of the top guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 05:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's a great depth draft, but I'd be very disappointed if we turned a top 5 pick into a bunch of 2nd tier prospects.

I'd take the trade back with Detroit, but I'd stay put there and take one of the top guys.

Lmao 2nd tier prospects
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lmao 2nd tier prospects

Well, the top 5-6 guys would be tier 1, the rest  of those first rounders would be tier 2.  Not sure what''s so funny about that.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 05:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's a great depth draft, but I'd be very disappointed if we turned a top 5 pick into a bunch of 2nd tier prospects.

Please explain what you mean by second tier prospects? Vera-Tucker, Eichenberg, Jenkins, and Nixon I believe all would be starting on day 1 for this team. So I am confused on your comment. Phillips could be a day 1 situational pass rusher. So while not starting could certainly be an impact player for this team. For that matter with a move inside Jackson could be a starter at a guard spot. 

I respectfully disagree with your assessment completely.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:02 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, the top 5-6 guys would be tier 1, the rest  of those first rounders would be tier 2.  Not sure what''s so funny about that.

He turned 1 first round talent into 3 first round talents. I’d do that all day.
Reply/Quote
Would love this, takes care of the O-line and the pass rush while adding weapons. Well done. Rock On

Best Guard in the Draft. 2 of the best OT's in the Draft and 2 of the best pass rushers in Phillips and Nixon. Sign me up.
Reply/Quote