Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ok WTF was that defense?
Seriously, look at the time the defense has been on the field for the last 3 or 4 games. They're worn down. We need that bye week.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:44 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It was almost as if the D was told to allow them to win from the get go. The tackling effort was atrocious and obvious from the beginning. Jessie Bates at the goal line in the hole and dove down looking almost as if he was trying to avoid the tackle.

Lol, I said the same thing
Reply/Quote
Where did all the great tackling go today that they've been doing all year ?

Head scratcher
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What ended the game was Burrow's INT. The Defense gave way too many chances to win. Yes, they even stopped the Jets with 2 minutes to go but the refs blew the helmet to helmet call. Oh well. Next time score when given the opportunity offense.
Reply/Quote
Wait. You’re saying we had a defense? I must have missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Why play Prevent all day?????

Prevent is an accurate term for that defense.  it prevented us from winning.
Reply/Quote
Nightmare.
Reply/Quote

we had to...we were going up against; MIKE FRICKIN WHITE!?"  the name that strikes fear into any NFL defense 
Reply/Quote
Think I’m done for the day with this. Dominate teams don’t get their ass kicked by teams playing a last min back up QB, missing their #1 WR starting LT. The Bengals sucker us in every few years only to pull this shit just when they start to get the recognition everyone cry’s for. The defense today looked nothing like the defense last week or even the week before. How the hell does that happen? Was today a mental issue? Did the Jets just want it more? Sure seemed that way. The offense scored enough to win but damn they didn’t look very good at times. This team needs to learn how to dominate from the start. Stop dickin around in the first half and put teams away. Outplayed and out coached and the call didn’t help things. Could have been a great ending, I get that the game shouldn’t be that close against a 1-5 team but damn that hurt. Such a horrible horrible call.
Reply/Quote
The LBers cost us that game. From PFF;

The underneath passes from New York put a lot of pressure on Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt to make plays in coverage. They didn’t make those plays. Wilson and Pratt combined to allow over 200 yards into their coverage, per PFF’s first-run analysis.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The LBers cost us that game. From PFF;

The underneath passes from New York put a lot of pressure on Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt to make plays in coverage. They didn’t make those plays. Wilson and Pratt combined to allow over 200 yards into their coverage, per PFF’s first-run analysis.

Wilson looked slow out there today. Not sure what that was about because he usually isn't. Also maybe its time to start ADG out there.

Also maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see a lot of press coverage out there today.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:07 AM)J24 Wrote: Wilson looked slow out there today. Not sure what that was about because he usually isn't. Also maybe its time to start ADG out there.

Also maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see a lot of press coverage out there today.

From what i recall--and i'm not watching that damn game again to confirm--they played off on early downs and pressed on short yardage downs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Definitely an abysmal game plan today, which followed a great game plan last week.

Lou loses some of the points he'd earned with me this year, but I'm willing to wait and see how we rebound next week.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Definitely an abysmal game plan today, which followed a great game plan last week.

Lou loses some of the points he'd earned with me this year, but I'm willing to wait and see how we rebound next week.

Big game. I'm sure towards the end of the week, the national media will be saying "time to find out if they're the Baltimore Ravens Bengals or the New York Jets Bengals". 

Except for that asshat Keyshawn Johnson. I won't bother looking up anything on youtube about the Bengals this week...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From what i recall--and i'm not watching that damn game again to confirm--they played off on early downs and pressed on short yardage downs. 

That explains a lot because white was throwing primarily on first downs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
For most of the season Lou Anarumo all had the Bengals’ defense well prepared for each opponent.

Yesterday, however, he swung and missed.

Lou did prepare the defense but he prepared them incorrectly against the Jets. He had the linebackers playing at least 10 yards off with the secondary well behind them. This type defense works very well against medium to long passes. When an analyst on television says, “The defense is keeping everything in front of them,” this is what they mean.

The Jets exploited this expertly with Mike White throwing five yard passes in the air and relying on yards after catch to move the chains; the Jets only punted ONCE against the Bengals’ elite defense. Why Lou didn’t adjust to this and provide coverage in the flat is a mystery.
Reply/Quote

People will say you don't know what you are talking about and they weren't in prevent, but I could not believe the cushion they were giving on things like 2nd and 5.  Ten friggin yards off the LOS.  Who were they so afraid of torching them?  Oh, and Future HOF Mike White isn't known for having a strong arm, but short space accuracy.  

I swear it felt like the Bengals were told to lose that game.  The tackling...I saw one play where Wilson had the RB dead to rights and literally didn't touch him.  It was like one of those plays where a kid with special needs is being handed the ball and everyone dives by him, careful not to hit him, and fakes trying to tackle them.  It looked so fake. I sure as F don't want to watch that game again (or listed to the radio or GMF or anything to do with football for the week (THANKS ASSHOLES) but it was like he was either trying to miss him or is literally blind.  
Reply/Quote
Lap was saying our defender was passing off a receiver to the next defender, the same time another receiver was entering his area. Jets timing was near perfect doing this.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: People will say you don't know what you are talking about and they weren't in prevent, but I could not believe the cushion they were giving on things like 2nd and 5.  Ten friggin yards off the LOS.  Who were they so afraid of torching them?  Oh, and Future HOF Mike White isn't known for having a strong arm, but short space accuracy.  

I swear it felt like the Bengals were told to lose that game.  The tackling...I saw one play where Wilson had the RB dead to rights and literally didn't touch him.  It was like one of those plays where a kid with special needs is being handed the ball and everyone dives by him, careful not to hit him, and fakes trying to tackle them.  It looked so fake. I sure as F don't want to watch that game again (or listed to the radio or GMF or anything to do with football for the week (THANKS ASSHOLES) but it was like he was either trying to miss him or is literally blind.  

Anything with a huge cushion is a prevent to me. I know it's not the actual Prevent where you rush 1 to 3 linemen and everybody is out for coverage, but it's easier than saying "4-3-4 deep zone with a 10-12+ cushion" every time.  Sick

I'm going to watch the defensive side of the Ravens and Jets games in parallel and take notes from same situations, like 1st & 10. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: People will say you don't know what you are talking about and they weren't in prevent, but I could not believe the cushion they were giving on things like 2nd and 5.  Ten friggin yards off the LOS.  Who were they so afraid of torching them?  Oh, and Future HOF Mike White isn't known for having a strong arm, but short space accuracy.  

It really did feel like a set up. Like watching a WWE match.

From the defensive gameplan and lack of adjustment, to the horrible tackling (a strength of ours this year) to the refs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote