Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, time to settle down
We came out on opening day and laid an epic egg. Horrifying OL play, QB wild, RBs getting no yardage and D while overall okay had run defense problems. We came out flat, lacking intensity and looking disorganized. Which also highlights poor coaching.

So in four days we have what is now essentially a must win game, as we've seen this club is too mentally fragile to go 0-2 without it causing a tailspin. Hopefully they come out looking like a pro football club on Thursday and not the Keystone Kops.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Against the Texans? In primetime? Would you bet any amount of money that matters to you on a Bengals win? 0-2 looks inevitable at this point.

Reply/Quote
Id bet my left one they wont get over 1 field goal. That being the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: We came out on opening day and laid an epic egg. Horrifying OL play, QB wild, RBs getting no yardage and D while overall okay had run defense problems. We came out flat, lacking intensity and looking disorganized. Which also highlights poor coaching.

So in four days we have what is now essentially a must win game, as we've seen this club is too mentally fragile to go 0-2 without it causing a tailspin. Hopefully they come out looking like a pro football club on Thursday and not the Keystone Kops.

2 of our RBs actually did very well. We just had to go away from it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Texans- 85

Bengals- 5
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Fully healthy on O other than Ross and uzi. Blanked by the ravens after months to prepare. ....

Luckily the texans are worse than the ravens and dealing with hurricane overhead. Unfortunately ol marv is our head coach.

Looks like we may be facing a rookie qb too. Everybody knows marv cant beat those... Way too hard to prepare like a pro team... When a mentally slow ass clown is in charge. Maybe next year 41 year old brady will come over to coach and lead the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 of our RBs actually did very well. We just had to go away from it. 

When your starting RB is doing well... And your starting QB is shitting down his leg... Only in marv world does benching that rb and letting your qb throw 4 picks make sense.

What a clown show
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When your starting RB is doing well... And your starting QB is shitting down his leg... Only in marv world does benching that rb and letting your qb throw 4 picks make sense.

What a clown show

Don't forget that punt down 20 in the 4th....good ol Marv.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How are you not prepared and lay an epic egg for a home opener against the RAVENS? It's mind boggling
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:54 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: How are you not prepared and lay an epic egg for a home opener against the RAVENS?  It's mind boggling

The same way they generally come out flat in playoff games.

Hey we can go 4-12 this year and there will still be people on these boards talking about 5 playoff appearances in 7 years and how other teams follow our model.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget that punt down 20 in the 4th....good ol Marv.....

How about his dumb ass trying to score at the end of the first half instead of taking  a knee? Cost us 7 points...

Reply/Quote
I still say it's part of the grand scheme to come out looking horrible then turn on the jets later in the season, run the tables and the NFL gets its Cinderella story of the really terrible team makes good on their 50th anniversary and sell a Brazilian tickets.. all cooked up at NFL HQ in NY...
Remind me again, how many is a Brazilian? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yea right we should feel ok going in to a prime time game 0-1 because Marvin's record is so good for prime time games. Marvin is horrible and his record would be even worse if he didn't get to play the Browns twice a year. They deserve it when they went in to the draft needing help on the O-line and they took a WR and RB with the first two picks. And that surprised me because I thought they would take a DB like they always do. So obvious the team was solid when the O-line was loaded. Lose two solid starters on the O-line your going to have problems. I don't know if Lewis could survive this so there is a silver lining to the whole mess.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Against the Texans? In primetime? Would you bet any amount of money that matters to you on a Bengals win? 0-2 looks inevitable at this point.

Normally I'd bet the Texans beat us, but I would have bet my left nut the Texans could beat the Jaguars at home with the power of making positives out of a tragedy bolstering their morale.  I can't believe the Jaguars won that game.  My gf is a Jaguars fan and she pointed out how that team will win about 3 games per year but manage to win the one time it makes them look like giant d-bags.  Ouch.

Anyways, we can assume the Texans will beat us because they are "mad" about the Jaguars embarrassing them at home.  Er, but we are "mad" about the Ravens embarrassing us at home.  A conundrum, this.
Reply/Quote
Look, I don't think they are as bad as we saw today. I also am not thinking they are really all that good especially in the trenches. I do think, however, that poor coaching and playcalling sets them up to fail and had they been better prepared they would not have looked so bad.

I'm just noting that this nonsense of coming out flat and disorganized has been a Marvin staple his entire time here. Palmer led teams did the same thing and so did Kitna ones. It's a big reason why we have issues starting slow both in individual games and even in whole seasons.

So, yes I hope they actually get into gear and Thursday somehow squeak out a win.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about his dumb ass trying to score at the end of the first half instead of taking  a knee? Cost us 7 points...

So you agree with punting in the 4th quarter, down 20, less than 10 minutes left?  This is where you see what you're made of...even if you're getting hammered. Marv is sackless. That was weak sauce....typical though from the eunuch....

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: So you agree with punting in the 4th quarter, down 20, less than 10 minutes left?  This is where you see what you're made of...even if you're getting hammered. Marv is sackless. That was weak sauce....typical though from the eunuch....

Well we did get the ball back less than 3 minutes later and only gave up 5 yards. You can call it sackless; I call it Marvin seeing what's going on. 

WTS, I would have given Bullock a chance to prove I made the right choice,

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we did get the ball back less than 3 minutes later and only gave up 5 yards. You can call it sackless; I call it Marvin seeing what's going on. 

WTS, I would have given Bullock a chance to prove I made the right choice,

Bullock?  I'd have gone for the conversion.  You're. Down. 20. Fourth. Quarter. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Normally I'd bet the Texans beat us, but I would have bet my left nut the Texans could beat the Jaguars at home with the power of making positives out of a tragedy bolstering their morale.  I can't believe the Jaguars won that game.  My gf is a Jaguars fan and she pointed out how that team will win about 3 games per year but manage to win the one time it makes them look like giant d-bags.  Ouch.

Anyways, we can assume the Texans will beat us because they are "mad" about the Jaguars embarrassing them at home.  Er, but we are "mad" about the Ravens embarrassing us at home.  A conundrum, this.

T'wil not be billed as the battle of the Titans or any other team of any significance..
Plenty of jokes to go around..
In the immortal words of ML, "giggle.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote