Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana 0.5 offseason mock
Trade

Andy Dalton - (Potential Trade Partners) Denver, Bears, Titans, Tampa Bay, Miami

Trade Value - 2020 3rd Round pick

Andy Dalton is a great quarterback to bring in to a good situation and could groom a future QB.  The ideal spot would be Bears.

Cordy Glenn:  

Trade Value - 2020 5th Round pick

He just hasn't worked out in Cincinnati and splitting is best for both sides at this point. 

John Ross:

Trade Value - Unknown ( 4th round to patriots for purpose of this mock )

Its time to get some value on return on a player who may fit a different scheme better.

Cut

All players either Cut or not resigned

Dre Kirkpatrick, Clayton Fejedelem, Alex Redmond, Darqueze Dennard, John Jerry, Kerry Wynn, laroy reynolds, Hardy Nickerson, Torry Mctyer, Tony Mcrae,  Greg Maybin.

Re-signed

Tyler Eifert - 2 years - 4,634,000 per year 

Health issues seem to be behind him and this is a terrible year to draft a new TE.  Gives us coverage for two years and he may return to the elite level with a new QB.

Trey Hopkins - 4 years - 4,610,000 per year[url=https://overthecap.com/premium/subscribe][/url]

Has continued to grow and show diversity across the line.  This locks him in for four years at a team-friendly salary

Andrew Billings - 4 years - 6,000,000 per year

Continues to improve and is a solid NT

Nick Vigil - 2 years - 6,000,000

Solid backup ultimately being overpaid because of positional value.  Our Linebackers are terrible, but it's not going to be a one year fix no matter how FA/Draft Shakeout.

Cap Space Heading into Free Agency - 62,265,710

Free Agency

Top needs: CB, LB,  G, RT, TE, RB, WR 

Aqib Talib - 1 year - 7,000,000 

Talib is not the player he once was but he offers big-play potential for a budget price if he doesn't retire and veteran leadership qualities to a locker room that could use those traits.  You will get more out of him than Kirkpatrick at a much cheaper price.

Brian Poole - 4 year - 11,121,000 a year

Poole is an elite slot corner that has solid tackling and sack production.  It would be a huge upgrade to Dennard and I love the fact the guy was a UDFA.

Cory Littleton - 5 years - 14,750,000 a year

This is my must get player in Free agency and a player that could improve our team for years to come.  Rams are struggling with cap space and we may have to overpay to get the deal done, but the guy is an elite linebacker regardless of what the probowl is smoking this year.

The rest will be claims and fillers going into camp

Draft

Needs: QB - LB - OG - OT - S - WR - CB - Edge

Round - 1 - Joe Burrow - QB - LSU

[Image: merlin_165975681_38d1bb52-ec3c-4a1c-823f...le=upscale]

Everyone knows the pick and this only changes if they somehow fail at failing and lose first pick.

Anywho who has criticized anything about Burrow this season simply hasn't watched his games.  He's extremely driven, athletic, and his single-season stats will break almost every record.   No off the field issues, raised in a football family, and he's from Ohio what else could you ask for?  

Round - 2 - Kenneth Murray - LB - OK

[Image: 5b941691a2af6.image.jpg]

Most obvious point of need for this team even after signing Littleton.  Patient sideline to sideline player who can slot in at MLB and be a tackling machine.  The only weakness is that he's not great at attacking the line for sacks, but he excels in coverage which is the most important trait of modern-day linebackers.

Round - 3 - Shane Lemieux - G - Oregon

[Image: shane-lemieux-oregon-1529286792.jpeg]

We need a stud guard and what better player to pair with Jonah Williams to secure the left side of the line.  Solid all around guard with few weaknesses.

Round - 3 From Broncos - WR - Isaiah Hodgins - Oregon State

[Image: usa_today_13434567.0.jpg]

At 6'4" he's made name for himself not only as a receiver with great hands, but one that wins contested battles consistently.  He will scream up the boards after the combine and evaluators get hands-on his tape.  The thing I like most about him is that he's a guy with a lot of dog and passion in his game.

Round - 4 - Troy Dye - LB - Oregon

[Image: usa_today_13326556.0.jpg]

Great prospect LB specifically at WILL.  He has good sack production and decent coverage skills.  

Round - 4 From Patriots - Lucas Niang - RT - TCU

[Image: o8Zx5yM7_400x400.jpg]

Great prospect with one big problem... he's fat and lazy.  This is why you get a guy in the 4th round who could have been a first-round Tackle if he had applied himself.  Hopefully, he can be coached up to reach his potential.  Still probably better than Bobby Fart.

Round - 5 - Chase Claypool - WR - Notre Dame

[Image: DszBseNVAAEsDsF.jpg]

Another 6'4" receiver with great hands.  This class is just loaded with WR talent so pick your poison.  Lacks elite-level speed

Addition 5th and rest of picks should be spent on special teams players that are CB's and Safeties with high potential upside.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nah.
Reply/Quote
I think you have to keep Dennard. He played well.

Burrow and Claypool are my favorites. I do not like Murray. He tackles high and is not physical enough with his hits. I like Lemieux. I think he will be good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge fan of Isaiah Hodgins the guy reminds me so much of AJ Green. Like AJ he wont put up a great 40 time probably around the low 4.5s but he eats cushion coming off the line and drops his hips and explodes in and out of his breaks. He will play alot faster than his 40 time. He has a huge catch radius and will climb the ladder. He has solid body control but not on Greens level...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think you have to keep Dennard.  He played well.  

Burrow and Claypool are my favorites.  I do not like Murray.  He tackles high and is not physical enough with his hits.  I like Lemieux.  I think he will be good.

I agree that this linebacker class, in general, is not very good, but there comes a point when you need to start throwing picks at the problem.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:58 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Isaiah Hodgins the guy reminds me so much of AJ Green. Like AJ he wont put up a great 40 time probably around the low 4.5s but he eats cushion coming off the line and drops his hips and explodes in and out of his breaks. He will play alot faster than his 40 time. He has a huge catch radius and will climb the ladder. He has solid body control but not on Greens level...

very interested to see where he's projected after combine and evaluations.  This is such a deep class of receivers that you really can't go wrong

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 10:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree that this linebacker class, in general, is not very good, but there comes a point when you need to start throwing picks at the problem.

I disagree it may not be loaded but I think there’s quite a bit of talented linebackers in this draft class. Obviously Simmons.... brooks Harrison dye Phillips Quarterman Moses Erroll Thompson baron browning etc I’ll take anyone of these guys and hopefully we take two of em. I think all
These guys will Produce at the next level at the very least.
Reply/Quote