Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana's Dream Draft Final Mock 2024
Rome Odunze (Pick 18):

Position: Wide Receiver
School: Washington

Notes: Odunze is a talented receiver who fell due to the draft’s depth at the position and questions about him being a blue-chip prospect with some NFL Scouts.  The Original plan was to go Offensive Tackle, but the Bengals went with the BPA.

Jer’zhaun Newton (Pick 28):
Position: Defensive Tackle (DT)
School: Illinois

Acquired via trade by sending Tee Higgins to the Bills.

Notes: After acquiring Odunze at pick 18, the Bengals decide to speak with teams about trades, the Bills restructure some players, and Bring in Tee Higgins as a long-term answer at the position.  Tee Higgins comes with no drama and upgrades the locker room.  

Ladd McConkey (Second Round pick): Unspecified

School: Georgia

Notes: The Bengals utilize their 4th-round pick to move up in the 2nd round and draft McConkey, Team Captain and arguably the best slot receiver in the draft.  This pick fills the void left by Tyler Boyd and somehow we end up with the best receiving core in Bengals history.  

Roger Rosengarten (Pick 80):

Position: Offensive Tackle

Notes: One of the Best Right Tackles in this draft class, he comes up as a backup to Trent Brown and eventual replacement.  

Mason McCormick (Pick 96):

Position: Guard/Center
Notes: Versatile Interior offensive line player with high IQ and lots of experience.  Top end athleticism

Dwight McGlothern (Pick 149):

Position: Cornerback (CB)
Notes: Ball Hawking Corner will come in and backup starters, because of his age he still has room to grow.

Erick All (Pick 194):
Position: Tight End
School: Iowa
Notes: Comes into a solid tight-end room.  If healthy he has the upside of a starting tight end in the league.  I love Iowa tight ends

Garret Greenfield (Pick 214):

Notes: Greenfield is a late-round prospect with potential.  He is the long-time teammate of McCormick an we keep the experienced tandem together.  Swing tackle with lots of experience

Qwantez Stiggers (Pick 224):

School: Toronto

Notes: Stiggers is a dynamic Ball Hawking Cornerback who plays for the CFL.  He has a very interesting story about how he opted out of college and ended up in the CFL, which I recommend you look up online if you're interested.  I think he has the potential to be a starter on this team and its a low risk high reward option to add depth to this team now.

Evan Anderson (Pick 237):

School: FAU (Florida Atlantic University)
Notes: Rotational Nose Tackle with Upside that could be a starter.

Priority Free Agents Added After Draft:

Jowon Briggs (DT)
Carson Steele (RB)

There you have it, this is my Final Mock Draft of the year and after many long hours of watching and researching players these will be our picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Look forward to the discussions on this pretty hot take draft =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know you noted that it was CFL, but Stiggers did NOT go to UofT lol, just in case anyone is wondering.

Easily the worst (or second worst, behind my alma mater, York) University/College football team in Canada's history and aside from one kicker in the 80s (Dean Dorsey), there never has and never will be an NFL player from UofT lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:39 AM)Okeana Wrote: Rome Odunze (Pick 18):

Notes: Odunze is a talented receiver who fell due to the draft’s depth at the position and questions about him being a blue-chip prospect with some NFL Scouts.  The Original plan was to go Offensive Tackle, but the Bengals went with the BPA.

Jer’zhaun Newton (Pick 28):
School: Illinois

Acquired via trade by sending Tee Higgins to the Bills.

Notes: After acquiring Odunze at pick 18, the Bengals decide to speak with teams about trades, the Bills restructure some players, and Bring in Tee Higgins as a long-term answer at the position.  Tee Higgins comes with no drama and upgrades the locker room.  

Ladd McConkey (Second Round pick): Unspecified

School: Georgia

Notes: The Bengals utilize their 4th-round pick to move up in the 2nd round and draft McConkey, Team Captain and arguably the best slot receiver in the draft.  This pick fills the void left by Tyler Boyd and somehow we end up with the best receiving core in Bengals history.  

Roger Rosengarten (Pick 80):

Notes: One of the Best Right Tackles in this draft class, he comes up as a backup to Trent Brown and eventual replacement.  

Mason McCormick (Pick 96):

Position: Guard/Center
Notes: Versatile Interior offensive line player with high IQ and lots of experience.  Top end athleticism

Dwight McGlothern (Pick 149):

Notes: Ball Hawking Corner will come in and backup starters, because of his age he still has room to grow.

Erick All (Pick 194):
Position: Tight End
School: Iowa
Notes: Comes into a solid tight-end room.  If healthy he has the upside of a starting tight end in the league.  I love Iowa tight ends

Garret Greenfield (Pick 214):

Notes: Greenfield is a late-round prospect with potential.  He is the long-time teammate of McCormick an we keep the experienced tandem together.  Swing tackle with lots of experience

Qwantez Stiggers (Pick 224):

School: Toronto

Notes: Stiggers is a dynamic Ball Hawking Cornerback who plays for the CFL.  He has a very interesting story about how he opted out of college and ended up in the CFL, which I recommend you look up online if you're interested.  I think he has the potential to be a starter on this team and its a low risk high reward option to add depth to this team now.

Evan Anderson (Pick 237):

School: FAU (Florida Atlantic University)
Notes: Rotational Nose Tackle with Upside that could be a starter.

Priority Free Agents Added After Draft:

Jowon Briggs (DT)
Carson Steele (RB)

There you have it, this is my Final Mock Draft of the year and after many long hours of watching and researching players these will be our picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Look forward to the discussions on this pretty hot take draft =)

Not sure if he was there but gimme Blake fisher at 80 and this thing is uniquely baller! Like the trade. And Ladd is special. McCormick really is a nice double dip too
Reply/Quote
I mean, it's great if Odunze falls that far. Also, kind of hard to see the Bills trading for Higgins with WR's falling that badly.
Reply/Quote
Yep, I'd put this one in the Dream category as well, but who knows?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Rome Odunze is my favorite WR in this Draft, yes, even above MHJ so would love it if he somehow did fall all the way to us at 18 and
if he somehow did he would be BPA for sure. Love the Tee trade and landing Johnny Newton who I think could be a great 3-tech in the
NFL. With both Rome and Ladd we would have weapons in surplus and this more than should make up for the Tee and Boyd losses.

Really liking Rosengarten the closer we get to the Draft, Kiper has him as his best RT in this Draft which is wild with how many good
ones there are and going so early. Like the McCormick pick. McGlothern is a Corner I expect to be a Bengal if we don't get Sainristil.

Erick All is coming off a bad injury, this might be the only pick I don't really like, I think we can do better than this at TE in this Draft.

My only critique besides not drafting a RB. I like Steele though as an UDFA so that kind of makes up for it, well done Okeana. Cool
Reply/Quote