Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana's Final Mock Draft - Different look
I am so excited with the draft coming in two days and wanted to give something of a different look to what the standard draft has looked like.  I hope you guys enjoy this mock and I would love to hear some of your opinions on the picks.

rnd1
DE KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON

So when making my first round pick I decided to go with Defensive end simply because of the fall off of talent after round 1.  We also have to account for the fact that Wallace Gillbury is gone and we need a guy who can handle rotational snaps with our starters.  With no one else on the team reaching their potential I decided that this was the smarter pick for round 1 and went with Dodd.

Dodd has great size and speed, but the main thing for me was his production level on a very talented defensive line at clemson.  In his interviews he came off as a very humble nice guy with great personality and that fits well into our veteran line.

rnd4
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS

Ok I know you guys are preparing to throw stones at me, but hear me out.  When making this pick I judged the value of the players available and decided that a two tight end option gave us a better look than drafting a 3rd receiver.  He has much better hands than Tyler Kroft and can give us that true tight end set that would give this team another tool.  Kroft is developing into a fine blocker, but we have several other Tight Ends on this team that simply don't add the roster value that HH would.

Wanted to also mention that measurement wise he's almost an exact clone of eifert and he has zero drops this year.  

rnd3
DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

This guy simply dominates at 4-3 nose and gives me the same kinda feeling that I had when we drafted Atkins.  For me the most important aspect of a DT in the NFL is Effort on the play and he has it in spades.  He comes in to take rotations away from peko and develop into a starter next year possibly adding a bit more meat to his frame.  If this guy was playing in a better conference he would be a round 1 draft nominee for sure.

rnd4
C EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
161: R5P22  

We need to prepare for a change at the center position and Boehm fits the mold of what the Bengals like to draft, but actually good.  Short, stout, strong center with great leverage.  He has great leadership skills and knowledge of the game.  

rnd5
WR MALCOLM MITCHELL
GEORGIA

While initially I wanted Listenbee here he wasn't available so I actually took a guy who was graded higher than him.  Mitchell is a great route runner whos on the field performance was hindered by inconsistent quarterback play.  He ran a 4.45 so he has good speed and pretty good height at 6 foot tall.  was graded as a 3rd or 4th round guy who I got in the 5th.  

rnd 6
WR DANIEL BRAVERMAN
WESTERN MICHIGAN

Round 6 guy who gives us that typical small white guy slant route receiver.  I am not even going to rattle off all the names of guys who this guy resembles on the field, but I just love the chance to take a smart football player in rnd 6 that can help this team and who could be something special.  

S JORDAN LUCAS
PENN STATE

SS out of penn state who was a team captain and converted cornerback.  Has some issues in play but has great versatility to back up williams, but also play special teams which is what I want in a 7th round pick.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 06:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: I am so excited with the draft coming in two days and wanted to give something of a different look to what the standard draft has looked like.  I hope you guys enjoy this mock and I would love to hear some of your opinions on the picks.

rnd1
DE KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON

So when making my first round pick I decided to go with Defensive end simply because of the fall off of talent after round 1.  We also have to account for the fact that Wallace Gillbury is gone and we need a guy who can handle rotational snaps with our starters.  With no one else on the team reaching their potential I decided that this was the smarter pick for round 1 and went with Dodd.

Dodd has great size and speed, but the main thing for me was his production level on a very talented defensive line at clemson.  In his interviews he came off as a very humble nice guy with great personality and that fits well into our veteran line.

rnd4
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS

Ok I know you guys are preparing to throw stones at me, but hear me out.  When making this pick I judged the value of the players available and decided that a two tight end option gave us a better look than drafting a 3rd receiver.  He has much better hands than Tyler Kroft and can give us that true tight end set that would give this team another tool.  Kroft is developing into a fine blocker, but we have several other Tight Ends on this team that simply don't add the roster value that HH would.

Wanted to also mention that measurement wise he's almost an exact clone of eifert and he has zero drops this year.  

rnd3
DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

This guy simply dominates at 4-3 nose and gives me the same kinda feeling that I had when we drafted Atkins.  For me the most important aspect of a DT in the NFL is Effort on the play and he has it in spades.  He comes in to take rotations away from peko and develop into a starter next year possibly adding a bit more meat to his frame.  If this guy was playing in a better conference he would be a round 1 draft nominee for sure.

rnd4
C EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
161: R5P22  

We need to prepare for a change at the center position and Boehm fits the mold of what the Bengals like to draft, but actually good.  Short, stout, strong center with great leverage.  He has great leadership skills and knowledge of the game.  

rnd5
WR MALCOLM MITCHELL
GEORGIA

While initially I wanted Listenbee here he wasn't available so I actually took a guy who was graded higher than him.  Mitchell is a great route runner whos on the field performance was hindered by inconsistent quarterback play.  He ran a 4.45 so he has good speed and pretty good height at 6 foot tall.  was graded as a 3rd or 4th round guy who I got in the 5th.  

rnd 6
WR DANIEL BRAVERMAN
WESTERN MICHIGAN

Round 6 guy who gives us that typical small white guy slant route receiver.  I am not even going to rattle off all the names of guys who this guy resembles on the field, but I just love the chance to take a smart football player in rnd 6 that can help this team and who could be something special.  

S JORDAN LUCAS
PENN STATE

SS out of penn state who was a team captain and converted cornerback.  Has some issues in play but has great versatility to back up williams, but also play special teams which is what I want in a 7th round pick.

I simply love this draft,brother and would be so happy with it.I too seriously believe they are going after a top DE with the first pick,I would also hope they could land Michael Thomas,WR from OSU.He has huge hands and plays real smart and with our coaches he is going to ball out given the chance,.I also love the WR named Keyarris Garrett from Tulsa,6ft 3in 220lbs,and is tough,fast and catches everything.I so feel like this is going to be a super draft for us and don't forget Coach Lewis said he is going after top players that do not get drafted, and I think he will land some good ones for us.After the draft I am going to watch closely who they can bring in here for a chance,because they will be some studs as undrafted and just waiting to show us they belong here.Its an exiciting time for all us fans.I look for our coaches to draft a DE,WR,SAFETY,DT,LB,CENTER AND MAYBE A RB OR A CB.
Reply/Quote
Hmmm. This is a very different look, but I kind of dig it. I actually like the Dodd pick. I think he has the potential to be something really special. Hunter Henry in the second if he makes it to us is where this gets really intriguing. It would be a tough call. BPA for sure. Do we roll with 4 TEs and less wideouts than normal. We could roll the dice on a later wideout like Garret or Listenbee. Definitely would prove for an interesting choice. Hargrave would be nice in the third as well. I'm warming up to this mock. I really like the different look.
Reply/Quote
I really like it, you can mix and match eifert and the new tight end on the outside,if eifert gets hurt which probably will sorry to say we don't drop off,love that. Love Mitchell as a talent but can he stay healthby,I do like braverman too. I love dodd he'd give us good pass rusher,d line wins championships, ask new york.the only one I'd change would be hargrave,he'd be a good talent to have,but we need a safety or a corner for the vacant spot left by hall and Nelson.if not I can see us going back to Leon hall,and I don't want that,he's about done and hurt us in the playoff game and others.who dey to your draft I'd be very happy.
Reply/Quote
glad to see people taking to this draft. One of my favorite thing about doing these mocks is getting different looks at different players to build excitement for the potential of the season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote