Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
So having a miscarriage should be a jailable offense too?
(05-20-2016, 12:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So having a miscarriage should be a jailable offense too?

Yes, or as they are now called, "irresponsible woman immorality induced abortion".
(05-20-2016, 12:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, I like Phil, but his argument, and all others like them, are based in their religious beliefs.  I don't want legislation decided by anyone's religious beliefs, ever.

What is religious about not wanting to abort an unborn fetus?

Is your suggestion that only religious folks are Pro Life?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-20-2016, 12:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So having a miscarriage should be a jailable offense too?

Nope, but it should be legal to abort your child up until the age they can provide for themselves, if you feel like it amiright?

(05-20-2016, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is religious about not wanting to abort an unborn fetus?

Is your suggestion that only religious folks are Pro Life?

Nope, but there is no logical scientific evidence for stating that a cluster of cells is a human being or that removing that cluster of cells is murder.  A fertilized egg is a potential human being, not a human being.  I would, personally, be fine with a ban on abortions after three months with exceptions for the health of the mother or severe birth defects.  I also know that many, if not most, anti-choice types would never stop there so I'm also fine with the, don't give 'em an inch, approach.
(05-20-2016, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, but it should be legal to abort your child up until the age they can provide for themselves, if you feel like it amiright?

Stupid argument is stupid.  Please don't accuse others of hyperbole and then dive headfirst into the same pool.  Or do, but become comfortable with the extreme hypocrite label.
(05-20-2016, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't we have this exact same thread a few months back? Because I remember asking the same question: If a state wants to outlaw abortions of convenience and challenge Roe v. Wade what other option do they have?

(05-20-2016, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: What was legitimate about your question?

That you want to know how a state can ban abortions legally?

They can't.

Next.

(05-20-2016, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps someone that can read and has an informed opinion will chime in. Thanks.

It would certainly be helpful for some folks.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-20-2016, 01:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Stupid argument is stupid.  Please don't accuse others of hyperbole and then dive headfirst into the same pool.  Or do, but become comfortable with the extreme hypocrite label.

Perhaps you missed the post I was responding to.

EDIT: No you didn't because you responded to it as well with hyperbole. What's that you said about hypocrite?

(05-20-2016, 01:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope, but there is no logical scientific evidence for stating that a cluster of cells is a human being or that removing that cluster of cells is murder.  A fertilized egg is a potential human being, not a human being.  I would, personally, be fine with a ban on abortions after three months with exceptions for the health of the mother or severe birth defects.  I also know that many, if not most, anti-choice types would never stop there so I'm also fine with the, don't give 'em an inch, approach.

I'm not all or nothing on abortion either; however, too often legitimate debates are dismissed by the liberal because of religion. "He ignored science because of religion". When in actuallity those those debate the fact that life starts at conception are ignoring science.

(05-20-2016, 01:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: It would certainly be helpful for some folks.

Mellow

I suppose you accidently didn't bold "and challenge".

Any idea how they would do it besides exercise their 10th Amendment rights and make abortions of convenience illegal in their state?

(05-20-2016, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you missed the post I was responding to.

EDIT: No you didn't because you responded to it as well with hyperbole. What's that you said about hypocrite?

Clearly the concept of sarcasm is lost on you in this instance.

(05-20-2016, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not all or nothing on abortion either; however, too often legitimate debates are dismissed by the liberal because of religion. "He ignored science because of religion". When in actuallity those those debate the fact that life starts at conception are ignoring science.

Life starts at conception in the broadest possible sense of the word, sure.  A baby born with no brain but the medulla oblongata is alive, it most certainly is not a thinking human being.  There's an enormous difference between living meat and a human life.  The only real argument against this is a religious one.  Terry Schiavo's brain was porridge, yet all the opponents of allowing her to die either completely ignored scientific fact and informed opinion or utilized a religious argument.  
(05-20-2016, 01:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Clearly the concept of sarcasm is lost on you in this instance.

No doubt your sarcasim is much more awesome than my hyperbole and hypocrisy.

(05-20-2016, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt your sarcasim is much more awesome than my hyperbole and hypocrisy.

I'm sure that's a matter of personal preference.
(05-20-2016, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose you accidently didn't bold "and challenge".

Any idea how they would do it besides exercise their 10th Amendment rights and make abortions of convenience illegal in their state?

Roe vs Wade classified abortion before viability as a personal right to the woman under the constitution. Because they stated it as a constitutional right (through interpretation of 14th and 9th amendment) the 10th amendment won't work in here and therefor can't be used as a defense to take away said right.
Legistlastion that claims to be to protect one group while putting another in danger makes me chuckle.

First the bathroom bullshit now this
As soon as there are no more orphans and no more sick, starving, mistreated, or poor children in the world. I will get on the anti abortion band wagon.

Let me know when the world ends the suffering of the children already alive. And I will help stop people from aborting unwanted babies.
(05-20-2016, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, but it should be legal to abort your child up until the age they can provide for themselves, if you feel like it amiright?

So it is illegal to perform an abortion and you will be sent to prison.

But it's cool for the woman that doesn't want the thing growing in her body to smoke, uses drug, and drink and do everything in her power to force a miscarriage?
Let's just criminalize Oklahoman lawmakers.
(05-20-2016, 02:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Roe vs Wade classified abortion before viability as a personal right to the woman under the constitution. Because they stated it as a constitutional right (through interpretation of 14th and 9th amendment) the 10th amendment won't work in here and therefor can't be used as a defense to take away said right.

Like I said....they can't.

And no hypothetical question changes that whether he like the answer of not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There is not a person here that likes the idea of abortion. I can say that with a confidence, but if anyone would like to contradict that, feel free. Anyway, my point is that making abortion illegal has shown to put more lives at risk by creating a black market system that is unregulated. If we want to focus on reducing the number of abortions, and all of us should, instead of favoring legislation like this we should be pushing our lawmakers to improve sex education, to make reproductive health more accessible and affordable, to make contraceptives more easily accessed, and to help provide better services to new and expecting mothers/families so that they can support a child without having to decide between feeding themselves or their child.

Abortion is a problem, but it's a laceration that needs stitches. Making it illegal is just putting a dressing on it and hoping it will stop on its own.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR