Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bengals Board Stories
(11-19-2019, 09:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

Man F that guy.

The Bengals themselves are the ones who fizzled out.

Yep.  We're still here, hating on the owner and bitching about how they moronically do things.

There's such a separation between historically being fans of the players/occasional coaches, but NOT the ownership or FO staff.

Denny, if you stalk/troll this sight...  I got another one of your vacation photos here.  Lookin' good pal.  Lookin' real good.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Jj8V8n3FY0m8IZXoCxH9eQHaFj&pid...=206&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 09:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Joe and i had some nasty fights, but he took me to a game in 06. He had seats 2 rows from the field.

Yeah. I had nasty arguments with Joe, but also got along with him pretty well too. He was sincere in his arguments, but never took disagreement too personally.

Remember when Tiger Blood started his own board? We had some interesting conversations in the chat room there. Got to know a little bit more about Joe.

I wonder where he is today. I think he would be welcome here if he ever decided to join.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 11:48 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Does anyone else remember Ghostwriter/Rayne? Ghostwriter was an author who wrote a couple books, but IIRC never published because he was afraid of criticism or something like that. Then he came out as transgendered and changed her name to Rayne. Was a good dudette if a little weird.

I remember GW/Rayne. A very interesting and entertaining character. Bizarre, but entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:59 PM)Stewy Wrote: There was a thread where a guy started throwing out idiotic opinions.  The proceeded to attack people who disagreed.  He paused posting on the thread to go work out.  Said he had to go "Blast his Pecs".  This lead to one of the most epic 12-24 hours in the old boards history mocking the guy in words and images.  His responses lead to so much negative rep, that he ended up one of the top 10 lowest reps of all time with only 12 hours of posting.  His responses got him suspended and the thread locked within 24 hours.  It was such comedy that I have ever hardly laughed so hard from a message board thread.

"I have to go blast my pecs" became a joking phrase for years to come referring to people having to be away from the forums for a bit.

Yeah. "Blasting my pecs" was a classic. Perhaps one of the most responded to threads on the old board in such a short time.

Remember "sortfa"?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Wait. Bfine?  Shocked

(11-23-2019, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is stil trolling.  He may not be all those people. And he might be a lot of others.

I am sure he .is here now. There are specific patterns to the way some of his characters post.

The fact that he used a capital "B" should have been a giveaway.

As to the old boards: There was a thread about knockoff jerseys. I ordered a few for me and folks in the office and recommended the sight in that thread "wikijerseys" I think it was called. The owner of that site posted on there often to bump my thread. She even sent me a free jersey. It was a CP9 jersey in 2010. Thanks for nothing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

What a dick...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 03:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Say what?

You know you did it punk!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What about that strange ass WWE guy?

I know Shake knows who I'm talking about.

He was always making these weird rants towards Denny.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 09:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What about that strange ass WWE guy?

The one who made avatars in some video game that looked like Denny? And then posted a video of his character beating him up?

Like the Tiger Blood character, some people really just have way too much time on their hands. The guys username is on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 09:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What about that strange ass WWE guy?

Came here. Got banned.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is stil trolling.  He may not be all those people. And he might be a lot of others.

I am sure he .is here now. There are specific patterns to the way some of his characters post.

How do people have this much time on their hands? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

*cough cough* Even the Steeler trolls followed us over and made a home here - and the trolling is still as strong as it ever was. This board is Bengals bacon - still sizzling, dude! 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 09:39 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The one who made avatars in some video game that looked like Denny? And then posted a video of his character beating him up?

Like the Tiger Blood character, some people really just have way too much time on their hands. The guys username is on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember.

CinciREborn was the guy.

(12-04-2019, 01:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Came here. Got banned.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This board i think is pretty unique IMO.. I've looked for other team's boards, but they all seem to fall kind of flat and seem disorganized for the most part. Maybe someone ought to organize some research on team boards to find out where we stand as a team board in comparison to other team boards. I'd be interested in learning how that flies..

OMG! OMG! OMG! We're not even listed on this list. https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/63350-all-32-nfl-team-message-boards-wlinks/    Oh wait..posted in 2008.. never mind..

I've got the space on my site if someone wants to buy a domain to create such a listing with reviews, etc.. I'll even give you the key to maintain it, but you won't get the executive washroom key. That's MINE! LMAO
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Haha...just looked at his twitter profile. Speaking of...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't trust any grown man who is the size of a 12 year old. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There was a user who went by Bengalsqb11. Even though he was a Bengals fan, he never posted in JN. It was always the Around the NFL section. He claimed that he had talked to Palmer and that Palmer was going to come check out his high school games. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I remember those early days of message boards when there were always plenty of people who got their kicks playing the role of monitor and banning anyone who so much as questioned their authority. I ran a couple of boards back then too of different types and got more emails from people begging to be a monitor than anything else. I spent more time just attempting to keep the civility than any other thing I ever did at the time. I kind of learned quickly back them plenty of people wanted to play god. I think, although I'm not positive Denny was one of those types. Anyway. I never want that job again for any reason..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The GA9 meltdown in P&R was absolutely epic. It was the funniest/saddest thing I've ever seen on a board. I hated the guy, but it was so bad that I actually felt pity for him.
Reply/Quote