Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Hope as a Bengals Fan (Win a Playoff game) - New Hope as a Fan (Win a Super Bowl)
Spent years upon years upon years after the Paul Brown Ownership era ended hoping to see the Bengals win a Playoff game during

the Mike Brown Ownership era. Didn't care how it may happen. Main starter Carson Palmer gets injured still hoped that maybe Jon Kitna

could get it done for one Playoff win or maybe AJ McCarron could win one with Andy Dalton out. Always fell short.

In comes Joe Burrow and winning Playoff games (PLURAL) starts happening and I CHANGE as a Bengals fan.

Get to less than a minute to go in the Super Bowl against the Rams, Bengals with the ball on 4th and 1 before Aaron Donald

stops the Bengals from winning a Super Bowl.

I am NOT the same Bengals Fan. Don't long for a Playoff game win anymore. It is Super Bowl hopes during Burrow's time here.

Jake Browning or AJ McCarron have maybe a snow balls chance of winning the Bengals a Playoff game this year and way less of a chance

of winning a Super Bowl this season. The Super Bowl chances are sidelined with Burrow until next season as they very likely would be

sidelined for the Chiefs if Patrick Mahomes was out for the year and Blaine Gabbert stepped in as their backup. Would the Chiefs win

a few more games with an experienced Blaine Gabbert & Andy Reid versus the less experienced Bengal backups and Zac. Probably.

Does either Team win a Super Bowl this year that way ? Very likely not.

*May not be popular or even being a Good Fan but once I heard Burrow was out for the season (other than temporarily hoping that Browning

could pull a Brock Purdy level of success right away) I hoped for Close Competitive games from the Bengals with close losses for most of the

remaining games. (Enough to gain a Higher Draft pick in each 2024 Draft round, a last place Schedule for next year and go for a Super Bowl

in 2024)

I am not interested in firing Zac or blowing up the Coaching Staff to start over. Maybe tweak the Staff or the Offense to protect Burrow better

and gain more balance with an improved run game, more play action. Zac and Company tweak their own System. Keep Lou Anarumo.

My gut tells me that these Coaches will see the need to be adaptive and make tweaks & changes to help protect Burrow.

*I saw a Super Bowl and 2 AFC Championship Playoff appearances with Burrow and these Coaches.

One year from now, I expect to see discussions on this Message Board about how the Bengals are a Contender to gain the number 1 Seed

AFC bye week if Burrow is playing. Popcorn
Reply/Quote
100%

Everyone wanted to just see a playoff win back in January 2022.
We got that.
We then saw this team and staff go deep in the playoffs the following January as well, showing it wasn't just a fluke.

Now, making it to the AFCCG/Super Bowl is the new expectation.
Anything less than that is a disappointment.

That's what happens as you raise the bar.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're entering the 'good team' misery part of being a fan. Entitlement.

Steelers, Packers, and a bunch of other fanbases consider the season a failure without winning a SB.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: Spent years upon years upon years after the Paul Brown Ownership era ended hoping to see the Bengals win a Playoff game during

the Mike Brown Ownership era. Didn't care how it may happen. Main starter Carson Palmer gets injured still hoped that maybe Jon Kitna

could get it done for one Playoff win or maybe AJ McCarron could win one with Andy Dalton out. Always fell short.

In comes Joe Burrow and winning Playoff games (PLURAL) starts happening and I CHANGE as a Bengals fan.

Get to less than a minute to go in the Super Bowl against the Rams, Bengals with the ball on 4th and 1 before Aaron Donald

stops the Bengals from winning a Super Bowl.

I am NOT the same Bengals Fan. Don't long for a Playoff game win anymore. It is Super Bowl hopes during Burrow's time here.

Jake Browning or AJ McCarron have maybe a snow balls chance of winning the Bengals a Playoff game this year and way less of a chance

of winning a Super Bowl this season. The Super Bowl chances are sidelined with Burrow until next season as they very likely would be

sidelined for the Chiefs if Patrick Mahomes was out for the year and Blaine Gabbert stepped in as their backup. Would the Chiefs win

a few more games with an experienced Blaine Gabbert & Andy Reid versus the less experienced Bengal backups and Zac. Probably.

Does either Team win a Super Bowl this year that way ?  Very likely not.

*May not be popular or even being a Good Fan but once I heard Burrow was out for the season (other than temporarily hoping that Browning

could pull a Brock Purdy level of success right away) I hoped for Close Competitive games from the Bengals with close losses for most of the

remaining games. (Enough to gain a Higher Draft pick in each 2024 Draft round, a last place Schedule for next year and go for a Super Bowl

in 2024)

I am not interested in firing Zac or blowing up the Coaching Staff to start over. Maybe tweak the Staff or the Offense to protect Burrow better

and gain more balance with an improved run game, more play action. Zac and Company tweak their own System. Keep Lou Anarumo.

My gut tells me that these Coaches will see the need to be adaptive and make tweaks & changes to help protect Burrow.

*I saw a Super Bowl and 2 AFC Championship Playoff appearances with Burrow and these Coaches.

One year from now, I expect to see discussions on this Message Board about how the Bengals are a Contender to gain the number 1 Seed

AFC bye week if Burrow is playing. Popcorn

Well said Depthchart. I am of the same way of thinking. What I want to see from here on out the rest of this season is our rookies 
and overall youth play well while we lose out and get that elusive top 10 pick in all the rounds of this Draft. Myles Murphy finally 
had a good game yesterday with a Sack, multiple pressures and at least one nice run stop. DJ Turner made some nice plays, Jordan 
Battle made some nice tackles. Iosivas made a nice catch on a Slant and could of had another one if Browning was accurate etc.

We aren't going to the SB with Browning at QB, we saw that yesterday with the RZ interception that you absolutely cannot throw in 
that moment. This was the game we could of won out of all of the rest of them.

Hope the Chargers start to win now that it is almost meaningless for them and we get a higher pick. Man, that team underachieves! 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're entering the 'good team' misery part of being a fan. Entitlement.

Steelers, Packers, and a bunch of other fanbases consider the season a failure without winning a SB.

Exactly - and I like it a lot more than the days when just beating Pittsburgh once would be the high for the season with no playoff appearance.

Didn't bother me a bit to see the Ravens win yesterday or watch the Steelers work up a sweat for a 16 to 10 win against the 

Burrow less Bengals.

I know Burrow will be back next season and the Bengals should vault right back up towards the Top of the AFC in 2024.

Never had REAL HOPE like this before as a Bengal Fan after a losing season in the Post Paul Brown Era.

Rodgers carried the Packers and Burrow can carry the Bengals. Me likes it. I am finally "entitled".

I am NOT the same Fan...
Reply/Quote