Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, boys. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
For those of you that remember (and f@#$ those of you that don't care - which is probably all of you), at the start of this year, i was working for a bank. It was a good job and I was working for a really good company. I decided to leave, though, to make more money. I found a job that paid more hourly AND also had extra pay in the form of commission and bonuses. After 4 days, though, they let me go and gave me some bullshit reason for it.

I tried to get my old job back, but it was too late. There was a hiring freeze at my old company and that included rehires. Distraught, I filed for unemployment and got back to looking for a job, this time more desperate as I had to try to live off unemployment and my wife's salary.

Praise the Lord, after only 2 weeks, I found a job working for a company called Sheetz in a management role. It paid exactly the same hourly rate that I was making at the bank, but it had some pluses and minuses (mainly, I only worked 4 ten hour shifts and had 3 days off every week). I worked with a good group of people (can't think of anyone I disliked working with) and enjoyed the job though it was more manual labor intensive than working at a bank was.

I also got this job 1 week before PA enacted its lockdown due to COVID. I felt VERY fortunate to have a job and one that was considered essential. Also, due to COVID, Sheetz was paying its employees an extra $3 an hour (they went back to the old pay rate in July, FYI). Things seemed to be looking up for me.

After about 6 months working there, I get a call from my old boss' boss asking if I was still interested in working for the bank. I said I was even though I wasn't looking to leave Sheetz (didn't want to burn bridges with my old job but I was also curious as to what he was offering). It turned out they were looking to hire someone that was basically a similar position to the one that I used to have at the bank before though a little different (able to open accounts and such).

I applied, I interviewed and I got the job! While working for Sheetz was really good, I'm working for the bank again which means getting weekends off, getting holidays off, having a daytime schedule (my schedule at Sheetz varied and often ended up working 'til late in the evening or even working 'til early morning), oh, and they offered me a pay rate $3 higher than I was making at Sheetz.

So, here I am back at the bank (different branch), feeling very fortunate that I did not get stuck jobless during Some of the worst parts of COVID and that I got to work for 2 very good companies to work for.

Probably the BEST part of working for the bank again? I get to post on these forums while at work! (Helps that foot traffic is down due to COVID). Things really are looking up for me. Let's hope it continues with the Bengals winning a playoff game or 2. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I sure wish they would open a Sheetz in Cincinnati.
Glad it worked out well for you.
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry you had to go through the stress and worry related to your job. But, glad to hear the good news in the end.
Reply/Quote
Great news, glad that you're back doing what you enjoy.

Edit: On another note, the father of one of the guys I work with (retired factory guy), works for Sheetz. He loves it there. Funny story, I pulled into Sheetz in a company truck, about 3 years ago. This little old guy comes running toward me, hollering Brad C*******y, Brad C*******y, you know Brad C*******y! It took me by surprise, as it was likely about 5:30 am. But, he leveled off and explained that his son worked for the same company as I, and then I put two and two together. I love running into others who are originally from "my part" of the world, they are always so outwardly friendly..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Holy Sheetz. Good for you Phil.

Reply/Quote
When I read the thread title I was like oh shit !OMG

Then I looked over and saw it was you and I was like Dancing
Reply/Quote
Glad to have you back and even happier that you have landed in a plus situation at work. Welcome back sir!
Reply/Quote
Wait...

Who are you and why are you quoting Independence Day?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 04:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait...

Who are you and why are you quoting Independence Day?  Mellow

I'm your worst nightmare.

OR

I'm Batman.

Take your pic.

As to why I'm quoting Independence Day, well, that should be self-explanatory. In fact, the question really should be why isn't EVERYONE quoting Independence Day?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Take your pic.

I don't know why you want that...but ok. 

[Image: d39c12529b39c3bc5cf1eb5384e22c53.jpg]

And since "you're back", welcome to Earth. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know why you want that...but ok. 

[Image: d39c12529b39c3bc5cf1eb5384e22c53.jpg]

And since "you're back", welcome to Earth. 

Don't you mean, "welcome to Earf"?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For those of you that remember (and f@#$ those of you that don't care - which is probably all of you), at the start of this  year, i was working for a bank. It was a good job and I was working for a really good company. I decided to leave, though, to make more money. I found a job that paid more hourly AND also had extra pay in the form of commission and bonuses. After 4 days, though, they let me go and gave me some bullshit reason for it.

I tried to get my old job back, but it was too late. There was a hiring freeze at my old company and that included rehires. Distraught, I filed for unemployment and got back to looking for a job, this time more desperate as I had to try to live off unemployment and my wife's salary.

Praise the Lord, after only 2 weeks, I found a job working for a company called Sheetz in a management role. It paid exactly the same hourly rate that I was making at the bank, but it had some pluses and minuses (mainly, I only worked 4 ten hour shifts and had 3 days off every week). I worked with a good group of people (can't think of anyone I disliked working with) and enjoyed the job though it was more manual labor intensive than working at a bank was.

I also got this job 1 week before PA enacted its lockdown due to COVID. I felt VERY fortunate to have a job and one that was considered essential. Also, due to COVID, Sheetz was paying its employees an extra $3 an hour (they went back to the old pay rate in July, FYI). Things seemed to be looking up for me.

After about 6 months working there, I get a call from my old boss' boss asking if I was still interested in working for the bank. I said I was even though I wasn't looking to leave Sheetz (didn't want to burn bridges with my old job but I was also curious as to what he was offering). It turned out they were looking to hire someone that was basically a similar position to the one that I used to have at the bank before though a little different (able to open accounts and such).

I applied, I interviewed and I got the job! While working for Sheetz was really good, I'm working for the bank again which means getting weekends off, getting holidays off, having a daytime schedule (my schedule at Sheetz varied and often ended up working 'til late in the evening or even working 'til early morning), oh, and they offered me a pay rate $3 higher than I was making at Sheetz.

So, here I am back at the bank (different branch), feeling very fortunate that I did not get stuck jobless during Some of the worst parts of COVID and that I got to work for 2 very good companies to work for.

Probably the BEST part of working for the bank again? I get to post on these forums while at work! (Helps that foot traffic is down due to COVID). Things really are looking up for me. Let's hope it continues with the Bengals winning a playoff game or 2.  ThumbsUp

Awesome bro, always miss yah when you are not around here. Things are looking up man, I believe, big time. Rock On
Reply/Quote