Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepwalking lately - and it's getting worse.
A few months ago, my wife caught me sleepwalking. I got out of bed and grabbed my pillow, took it out of the pillow case and walked out the bedroom. For some reason, I set the pillow on the dryer and was standing there looking at it. She tried to calmly talk me out of it. I just grabbed the pillow I guess and went back to bed.

Fast forward to the last week. I evidently got up and grabbed an air freshener can out of her bathroom and put it on the counter of my bathroom. Don't remember any of that.

Then there is last night. I got out of bed and went into the dining room. I took a runner off the middle of the table and for some reason, took the candle lamp and everything else (she has it nicely decorated) and put it perfectly in its place after removing the runner from underneath it. Then, I proceeded into the living room, placed the runner on the table out there and opened the door to the utility closet. We keep the living room closed off with bifold doors due to the dogs. Then I went back to the table I removed the runner from, sat down and slept upright. She came out and got me and lured me back to bed.

I'm hoping this is due to medicine I'm taking. I tore my intercostal muscle from my rib about 2 weeks ago (3rd time this year and it's a pretty painful deal) and the Dr. gave me muscle relaxers to help me sleep so I can go to work. So I'm hoping that's what's causing it. I'm nervous I will wake up some night and go try to friggen drive the car or something or start frying bacon or some shit. 

Crazy stuff. Any of you all had any issues with sleepwalking? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A few months ago, my wife caught me sleepwalking. I got out of bed and grabbed my pillow, took it out of the pillow case and walked out the bedroom. For some reason, I set the pillow on the dryer and was standing there looking at it. She tried to calmly talk me out of it. I just grabbed the pillow I guess and went back to bed.

Fast forward to the last week. I evidently got up and grabbed an air freshener can out of her bathroom and put it on the counter of my bathroom. Don't remember any of that.

Then there is last night. I got out of bed and went into the dining room. I took a runner off the middle of the table and for some reason, took the candle lamp and everything else (she has it nicely decorated) and put it perfectly in its place after removing the runner from underneath it. Then, I proceeded into the living room, placed the runner on the table out there and opened the door to the utility closet. We keep the living room closed off with bifold doors due to the dogs. Then I went back to the table I removed the runner from, sat down and slept upright. She came out and got me and lured me back to bed.

I'm hoping this is due to medicine I'm taking. I tore my intercostal muscle from my rib about 2 weeks ago (3rd time this year and it's a pretty painful deal) and the Dr. gave me muscle relaxers to help me sleep so I can go to work. So I'm hoping that's what's causing it. I'm nervous I will wake up some night and go try to friggen drive the car or something or start frying bacon or some shit. 

Crazy stuff. Any of you all had any issues with sleepwalking? 

Somas?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dog, you're burying the lead...

How was the wife able to "lure" you back to bed?

WTS, meds can do crazy things. I was mis-diagnosed with nerve damage in my foot and the docs superscribed Gabapentin. I took them for exactly one night. The "dreams" i had that night scared the shit out of me. I knew I was dreaming but it did not matter.

Talk with your Dr about possible side effects and perhaps go with patches/creams instead of meds. It's what I did, but I still take a good ole Motrin every now and then.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Somas?

cyclobenzaprine

I read users have complained from sleep walking, but only long time users? Maybe I'm the exception?
(08-25-2020, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dog, you're burying the lead...

How was the wife able to "lure" you back to bed?

WTS, meds can do crazy things. I was mis-diagnosed with nerve damage in my foot and the docs superscribed Gabapentin. I took them for exactly one night. The "dreams" i had that night scared the shit out of me. I knew I was dreaming but it did not matter.

Talk with your Dr about possible side effects and perhaps go with patches/creams instead of meds. It's what I did, but I still take a good ole Motrin every now and then.

I think I'll do that if it happens again, and I'm sure it will. I'm pretty honest with the Dr. Although I don't like telling him some stuff cause he changes medicines and it takes awhile to get it right. Not good for the person whos taking the meds that don't work right for them. 

Reply/Quote
Meds can have drastically different effects on different people. It is most likely what is causing your problems.

I used to sleepwalk a lot when I was a kid. Apparently it is not uncommon and most people just grow out of it.
Reply/Quote
It almost cost me my career in the Navy. When I was in Jr. High, I swear I heard mother tell it was time to wake up and get ready for school. I got and walked down stairs to the kitchen and peed in the garbage can..... When I was at Annapolis, I guess I was dreaming I on was on a ship and started going around banging on windows and yelling, "man overboard". I had to go see the shrinks until they deemed fit for duty.
Reply/Quote
Drugs, they do it lol Hilarious

At least you weren't whizzing in the fridge Harley, saw that one time with one of my best friends....

Terrible. LMAO
Reply/Quote
I've been a sleepwalker since I was a kid. It's annoying.

It can be triggered by stress.

It can also be triggered by drugs. One thing I found out recently, it's not limited to prescriptions. I've taken melatonin occasionally for years. My wife ordered some a few months ago and they substituted the brand. I didn't notice anything at first. I woke up in the wrong room, which was weird. Then I woke up with dirty feet. Then I woke up with a dream about washing down the laundry room with a water hose... turns out I'd just watered it down with... uh... anyway. I went to WalMart and got our old brand and no issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: I've been a sleepwalker since I was a kid. It's annoying.

It can be triggered by stress.

It can also be triggered by drugs. One thing I found out recently, it's not limited to prescriptions. I've taken melatonin occasionally for years. My wife ordered some a few months ago and they substituted the brand. I didn't notice anything at first. I woke up in the wrong room, which was weird. Then I woke up with dirty feet. Then I woke up with a dream about washing down the laundry room with a water hose... turns out I'd just watered it down with... uh... anyway. I went to WalMart and got our old brand and no issues.

Interesting that melatonin would do that to you. I take zzzquil with the muscle relaxer, along with loratidine (for snoring) and my cholesterol pill. Maybe the muscle relaxer is just enough to keep me from waking when I get up. Add that to alcohol and you have the perfect zombie ingredients.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: cyclobenzaprine

That's Flexeril.  My wife has taken it, and talked endlessly in her sleep.  She also was having weird dreams.  I'd say that's what is causing the sleepwalking, but I'd call the doctor to be sure before you wake up in The Rhine some night.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 09:30 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's Flexeril.  My wife has taken it, and talked endlessly in her sleep.  She also was having weird dreams.  I'd say that's what is causing the sleepwalking, but I'd call the doctor to be sure before you wake up in The Rhine some night.

I'd think he might get wet before the Rhine.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd think he might get wet before the Rhine.... Hilarious

Good one.  Should've specified OVER The Rhine.   Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote