Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old rotator cuff
Mine is trash and in need of new parts.. Anyone been through it before? If I do get it fixed it'll be towards winter when work slows down to a crawl..
My daughter had hers worked on a few times , but it's never been quite right.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had my shoulder rebuilt, about 5 years ago. There are therapeutic movements that you can do, prior to having it repaired, that may alleviate some of your current pains. You may ask your Doc for a referral to a PT clinic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The rotator cuff is made up of multiple tendons and muscles. If they are all torn then it is a major surgery, but it is usually just one or two and they are often just frayed or stretched.

My shoulders have been messed up for years. I can't throw anything overhand, and I have to be very careful of the angles when I lift anything over my head. Even trying to use a hammer or screwdriver is difficult unless I get in the proper position.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The rotator cuff is made up of multiple tendons and muscles.  If they are all torn then it is a major surgery, but it is usually just one or two and they are often just frayed or stretched.

My shoulders have been messed up for years.  I can't throw anything overhand, and I have to be very careful of the angles when I lift anything over my head.  Even trying to use a hammer or screwdriver is difficult unless I get in the proper position.

Same here.. I'll probably just live with it, but I know what I did to it years ago..early in the spring one fine day I picked up a good size rock and heaved it as far as I could and it's been messed up ever since.. One thing it did though was it taught me how to throw a wicked knuckle ball.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I should of had surgery when I fell down the stairs drinking Twisted Tea. Thanks Cincinnati. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 09:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I should of had surgery when I fell down the stairs drinking Twisted Tea. Thanks Cincinnati. Mellow

I blame Dayton and Texas for all of my woes.. Both are places I have zero intentions of ever returning to unless I'm wearing hand cuffs and even then I don't intend to return to them. I have considered immigrating to the Azores.. I might enjoy learning to speak Portuguese even though English is widely spoken there as well. 

Reply/Quote