Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old school Bengal jerseys on ebay
It had been quite a while since I looked at Bengal jerseys on ebay. I was surprised to see that someone is making lost of old school Bengal favorites. There were jerseys for Ken Riley, Lamar Parrish, Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis, Pete Johnson, Tim Krumrie, James Brooks and others.

A few years ago I found a site that was supposed to make whatever old custom jersey you wanted. It was some outfit in China or someplace like that. Seemed a little sketchy. But I was about to order a #20 Parrish jersey until I realized that very few people would even realize it was an NFL jersey. I guess people at PBS would think it was cool, but other than that most people would probably think I was some guy named Parrish wearing my old high school jersey.
Reply/Quote
In 1998, when I first became online aware, I asked on an old Bengals board about buying older jerseys and three people from Cincinnati said "I bought a brand new _____ ______ jersey for my Dad at Koch's". I guess they specialized in big and tall clothing but were licensed with the NFL.

Whether they are still a business in Cincinnati or still have a contract with the NFL is unknown to me. Hope that helps.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It had been quite a while since I looked at Bengal jerseys on ebay.  I was surprised to see that someone is making lost of old school Bengal favorites.  There were jerseys for Ken Riley, Lamar Parrish, Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis, Pete Johnson, Tim Krumrie, James Brooks and others.

A few years ago I found a site that was supposed to make whatever old custom jersey you wanted.  It was some outfit in China or someplace like that.  Seemed a little sketchy.  But I was about to order a #20 Parrish jersey until I realized that very few people would even realize it was an NFL jersey.  I guess people at PBS would think it was cool, but other than that most people would probably think I was some guy named Parrish wearing my old high school jersey.

And, what's wrong with that?

[Image: al-bundy-polk-steelers1.jpg]

Seems like the Bengals could do well selling such jerseys in the pro shop and online. I know there would be details to work out with the players union and such, but throwbacks are popular and would sell.  I think a lot of fans would purchase those, especially those fans of a certain age.  I'm a bit hesitant myself to buy and wear the jersey of someone born in 1996, so I stick with polos and hoodies.  But I'd love to have a new, pre-'81 jersey of someone I watched as a kid.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote