Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oline combinations
(08-21-2020, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems folks are willing to write everything off in 2019 as a bad season except Finley. I wished we'd have secured a vet as QB 2, but I'm not willing to write Finley off as a back up.

Hopefully he worked on that noodle arm and got it up to par, this is the only way I would not write him off.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Oline, I was a huge fan of this kid in the draft and was hoping we could get him in RD 2. Looks like we might have avoided an idiot:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/21/report-titans-tackle-isaiah-wilson-attended-an-off-campus-party-at-tennessee-state/

Quote:Paul Kuharsky reports that Titans tackle Isaiah Wilson, the team’s first-round pick in the 2020 draft, recently received a trespass warning from Tennessee State from Tennessee State police after attending a party in TSU off-campus apartments.

Per the report, Wilson considered jumping from a second-story balcony to evade campus law-enforcement officials before accepting the consequences for his decision to engage in the kind of activities that could introduce COVID-19 to the facilities of his team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of Oline, I was a huge fan of this kid in the draft and was hoping we could get him in RD 2. Looks like we might have avoided an idiot:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/21/report-titans-tackle-isaiah-wilson-attended-an-off-campus-party-at-tennessee-state/

Stupid. Was wanting that guy myself.
Reply/Quote
Any O-line combination without John Jerry or Andre Smith is a major improvement lol!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:32 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Any O-line combination without John Jerry or Andre Smith is a major improvement lol!

Not just playing, but playing LT.  The spot for the best O-lineman on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not just playing, but playing LT.  The spot for the best O-lineman on the team.

No doubt, sounds like Jonah is tearing it up too.

That was a quick ban and de-ban Fred, what was that about?
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Fred Johnson at RG;

Quote:FLOPPING FRED: Yes, backup right tackle Fred Johnson is having a good camp. So good that offensive line coach Jim Turner gave him some snaps at starting right guard Monday in a kind of a rotation with starter Xavier Su'a-Filo. Johnson played some guard in college at Florida and took a couple of snaps there in practice with the Bengals last year. But he had no sniff he was going in there Monday and he looked good enough that Turner says not to count out the fiery 6-8, 325-pound Johnson in any kind of Opening Day competition.

In his handful of snaps there were no missed assignments and he made his presence felt in a suddenly gargantuan middle with the 320-pound Michel Jordan at left guard.

"Fred has got some serious talent, he's enormous, he's very smart, he can pick it up," Turner said. "Is he our best right tackle? No. But he's getting experience playing a lot against the 1s. He's improving."

The starting tackles, Jonah Williams at left and Bobby Hart at right, are their best tackles, Turner says, but he also says Johnson is pushing them both as the swing tackle. Along with the starters and Johnson, Turner says guards Billy Price and Alex Redmond and rookie tackle Hakeem Adeniji are also in conversations.

And Johnson is as interesting as you can get. Here's a guy that didn't play varsity until his senior year of high school in West Palm Beach, Fla., and Turner can envision him playing both guards and tackles spots.

"He's a guy with limited experience, so every snap is gold for him," Turner said.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps Fred Johnson at RG;

Awesome. Hope Fred Johnson is the real deal. Thanks for this Bfine. ThumbsUp

He sure is versatile, can play on either side of the line and is huge.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps Fred Johnson at RG;

I am pretty sure he was playing OG for the steelers.
Reply/Quote
I’d think him and Jordan would have to be one of the biggest pairs of OG’s in the league.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d think him and Jordan would have to be one of the biggest pairs of OG’s in the league.

Would have to be, dudes are huge. Sounds like this is what Turner likes in his Lineman too, big maulers. I like. Cool

But size isn't everything as we saw with the soft Cordy Glenn.
Reply/Quote
Must not have been too impressed with Knipfel as the 3rd string center. Signed an UDFA center today that finished college with 39 straight starts at center.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 06:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Must not have been too impressed with Knipfel as the 3rd string center. Signed an UDFA center today that finished college with 39 straight starts at center.

I liked Knipfel at Guard anyways from what I saw of him as a Cyclone.
Reply/Quote
BTW, heard from Lap on the TC report Knipfel had a head injury, hope he is alright.

Watching the TC Report, Jonah looked great. XSF looked pretty good. Jordan looked good until he faced Reader or Geno no
surprise. Hart face masked Hubbard cause he is just too quick. Kareem ate, dude looked like a beast going against Fred
Johnson. Kareem looked unblockable in that vid.

Geno is unblockable and looks better than ever. No Dunlap today but he was looking amazing as well before.

Great test for our O-line going against all these guys. Sheldon looked good as a guy to make the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, heard from Lap on the TC report Knipfel had a head injury, hope he is alright.

Watching the TC Report, Jonah looked great. XSF looked pretty good. Jordan looked good until he faced Reader or Geno no
surprise. Hart face masked Hubbard cause he is just too quick. Kareem ate, dude looked like a beast going against Fred
Johnson. Kareem looked unblockable in that vid.

Geno is unblockable and looks better than ever. No Dunlap today but he was looking amazing as well before.

Great test for our O-line going against all these guys. Sheldon looked good as a guy to make the PS.

I’ve seen a lot of knee jerk reactions if the offense has a good day, then that means the defense sucks and when the defense has a good day then the offense sucks. What I think we’re seeing is the two honing their edges against each other and we should see it go back and forth if both are good.
Reply/Quote
I think Hakeem will be the best OT on the team by the end of the year. He plays like a vet and has best feet movement and body posture. He is the real deal.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Hakeem will be the best OT on the team by the end of the year. He plays like a vet and has best feet movement and body posture. He is the real deal.

Hopefully 2nd best. We need Jonah to be the stud we drafted.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’ve seen a lot of knee jerk reactions if the offense has a good day, then that means the defense sucks and when the defense has a good day then the offense sucks. What I think we’re seeing is the two honing their edges against each other and we should see it go back and forth if both are good.

In scrimmages and team drills the offense and defense are scripted to allow the coaches to get a look at exactly what they want to see.  Just for example, on a day when the coaches are looking at the offenses ability to pick up the blitz with four wide the defense will be blitzing every play against limited blockers, or if they want to look at how the defense handles mismatches in man coverage the defense will deal with that on every play.

So it is hard to judge exactly how the offense or defense looks under normal game situations.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d think him and Jordan would have to be one of the biggest pairs of OG’s in the league.
I remember when Whitworth first got here we had him and Bobbie Williams as are starting guards. Bobbie was pushing 350lbs and was one of my favorite obscure Bengals players. The whole O-line was massive with Big Willie at RT and they had Stacey Andrews as a backup tackle at 6’7 340lbs. Size isn’t everything just reminiscing about when we had a good O-line lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’ve seen a lot of knee jerk reactions if the offense has a good day, then that means the defense sucks and when the defense has a good day then the offense sucks. What I think we’re seeing is the two honing their edges against each other and we should see it go back and forth if both are good.

Yes, completely agree Yojimbo.

I am seeing a battle going on and seeing a lot of quality play. Excited for this season big time.

(08-25-2020, 09:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Hakeem will be the best OT on the team by the end of the year.  He plays like a vet and has best feet movement and body posture.  He is the real deal.

Adeniji also looked really good in those drills. I don't think he will be as good as Jonah though, Jonah's technique is perfect.

(08-25-2020, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully 2nd best. We need Jonah to be the stud we drafted.

Yes sir. Cool
Reply/Quote