Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals, Whitworh and London
It works out good for Whitworth that game is in London. On going to Rams he said he was glad Rams didn't play Bengals for 3 years. He didn't want to play against Bengals in Cincinnati. With game in London, he still doesn't and probably never will. It must be noted Rams were awful before Whitworth became their Left Tackle. I'm sure ex Rams OC Taylor misses having Left Tackle Whitworth as Bengals have since Mike Brown let players like Marvin Jones, Sanu, Zeitler and Whitworth go in 12 month span after 2015 season. Marvin Jones scored 3 touchdowns Sunday but who needs him. Meanwhile Rams with Whitworth will clobber Bengals in London, but Whitworth doesn't have to do it in Cincinnati as he had hoped. Without Whitworth the Rams NEVER go Super Bowl last year. Getting a Left Tackle like Whitworth turned around losing Rams. Whitworth was good, Bengals haven't had a Left Tackle since.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: It works out good for Whitworth that game is in London. On going to Rams he said he was glad Rams didn't play Bengals for 3 years. He didn't want to play against Bengals in Cincinnati. With game in London, he still doesn't and probably never will. It must be noted Rams were awful before Whitworth became their Left Tackle. I'm sure ex Rams OC Taylor misses having Left Tackle Whitworth as Bengals have since Mike Brown let players like Marvin Jones, Sanu, Zeitler and Whitworth go in 12 month span after 2015 season. Marvin Jones scored 3 touchdowns Sunday but who needs him. Meanwhile Rams with Whitworth will clobber Bengals in London, but Whitworth doesn't have to do it in Cincinnati as he had hoped. Without Whitworth the Rams NEVER go Super Bowl last year. Getting a Left Tackle like Whitworth turned around losing Rams. Whitworth was good, Bengals haven't had a Left Tackle since.

Taylor wasn’t the Rams OC. He coached WR then QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Rams O line isn't all that great this year. It's gonna be Aaron Donald. That's gonna destroy the Bengals this week. I'm glad the game isn't on American soil.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Why would we boo him? He's the only player a Bengals fan would cheer for, if he visited. He should have no fear, any reasonably good player should leave this team, and any reasonable fan (of which there are few) would understand.
Reply/Quote
While all of this is true, it wasn't as though the front office didn't prepare for their departure. They drafted OTs with their first TWO draft picks and a year later they drafted Boyd. However, the two massive whiffs on the OT position have set this team back tremendously and wasted the prime years of some of their key players. It was those picks that really hurt this team, not just the departure of our players.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: It works out good for Whitworth that game is in London.  On going to Rams he said he was glad Rams didn't play Bengals for 3 years.  He didn't want to play against Bengals in Cincinnati.   With game in London, he still doesn't and probably never will.  It must be noted Rams were awful before Whitworth became their Left Tackle.  I'm sure ex Rams OC Taylor misses having Left Tackle Whitworth as Bengals have since Mike Brown let players like Marvin Jones, Sanu, Zeitler and Whitworth go in 12 month span after 2015 season.  Marvin Jones scored 3 touchdowns Sunday but who needs him.  Meanwhile Rams with Whitworth will clobber Bengals in London, but Whitworth doesn't have to do it in Cincinnati as he had hoped.  Without Whitworth the Rams NEVER go Super Bowl last year.  Getting a Left Tackle like Whitworth turned around losing Rams.  Whitworth was good,  Bengals haven't had a Left Tackle since.

Gotta wonder if Whitworth doesn't sign with the Bengals for a 1-2 year deal after this season to go out as a Bengal. He will be a FA after this season after all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why would we boo him? He's the only player a Bengals fan would cheer for, if he visited. He should have no fear, any reasonably good player should leave this team, and any reasonable fan (of which there are few) would understand.

Yep. Any reasonable fan would know that the reason Whitworth wasn't still a Bengal was because of the Bengals FO undervaluing his market value.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Gotta wonder if Whitworth doesn't sign with the Bengals for a 1-2 year deal after this season to go out as a Bengal. He will be a FA after this season after all.

Why in the world would he after the disrespect we showed him? Remember that tweet from Troy Blackburn to Whit’s agent?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: It works out good for Whitworth that game is in London.  On going to Rams he said he was glad Rams didn't play Bengals for 3 years.  He didn't want to play against Bengals in Cincinnati.   With game in London, he still doesn't and probably never will.  It must be noted Rams were awful before Whitworth became their Left Tackle.  I'm sure ex Rams OC Taylor misses having Left Tackle Whitworth as Bengals have since Mike Brown let players like Marvin Jones, Sanu, Zeitler and Whitworth go in 12 month span after 2015 season.  Marvin Jones scored 3 touchdowns Sunday but who needs him.  Meanwhile Rams with Whitworth will clobber Bengals in London, but Whitworth doesn't have to do it in Cincinnati as he had hoped.  Without Whitworth the Rams NEVER go Super Bowl last year.  Getting a Left Tackle like Whitworth turned around losing Rams.  Whitworth was good,  Bengals haven't had a Left Tackle since.

Marvin Jones scored 4 TD's Sunday, but who's counting?!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor wasn’t the Rams OC. He coached WR then QB.

He was their Assistant WR Coach. Then QB Coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why would we boo him? He's the only player a Bengals fan would cheer for, if he visited. He should have no fear, any reasonably good player should leave this team, and any reasonable fan (of which there are few) would understand.

Any Bengals fan that boo’s Whit should be ashamed. He was a great player who I felt was underrated most of his career and was a great person who you want on your team. Personally he was one of my favorite Bengals players. I still remember the Oakland game where Dalton was hit late and Whit got into a fight with the Oakland player and was ejected. After the game he stated “ I took an oath to protect two people my wife and my quarterback “. I also remember the Jaguars game where he got into a fight with big John Henderson and got ejected. As he was leaving the field he raised his hands for the crowd to get pumped up we were 0-8 at the time and ended up winning the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was their Assistant WR Coach. Then QB Coach.

Yet further proof that we have the most innovative and up to date bright young head coach destined for greatness and HOF of losing coaches.. I say they fire him, drain the swamp and hire only the best people (meaning even less experience and no knowledge of how the game of football is played much less how to spell foot or even ball.) 
Now this is not to say I have no confidence in the Bengals front office.. No,wait..That's EXACTLY what I'm saying..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would he after the disrespect we showed him? Remember that tweet from Troy Blackburn to Whit’s agent?

I agree Whitworth won't be back.  I don't remember any tweet from Troy Blackburn and that shows the mess this team is in, Tweets from an NFL nobody like Troy Blackburn. 

Anyway, it was Whitworth's hope not to play in Cincinnati again and he said one of reasons he took Rams offer over other teams because Rams almost never play Bengals.  Since game is in London, Whitworth will probably get his wish and never play in Cincinnati again.  On going to Rams he said he had reasons not to want to return any time soon and put his old team behind him and focus on new team.  

I also noticed Ogbuehi as Left Tackle for Jacksonville against Bengals last week and played OK.  Is it our coaching last few years ?   

One said Mike Brown prepared well for all these player moves with draft picks.  I don't think these moves worked out well at all.  Plus we needed Linebackers and other areas and that got ignored in the draft.  They keep going Round 1 to get a Left Tackle and sign Top Free Agent money for a Left Tackle. It would have been cheaper and smarter to have kept Whitworth.   After the 8-0 start in 2015, Mike Brown & Family have made a lot of moves, but I can't say they prepared well considering they went from a good team to an awful team the last 3 years.  The high price free agent LT and LB from Bills have been a huge money mistake in their often injured and doing little when they do play. The last time team drafted LB's high was Maualuga and Rivers and that has been many moons ago. With almost no scouts, I don't think this Front Office prepares well at all, but I'll let the team on the field represent our Front Office. 2017 was awful enough to get most coaches fired. 2018 was even worse to get almost all coaches fired. Bengals in 2019 on way to 0-8 start in 0 for September & October. Last 3 years this is maybe worst team in NFL in that time span. Can't say Front Office prepared well, I don't see how anyone can.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would he after the disrespect we showed him? Remember that tweet from Troy Blackburn to Whit’s agent?

Lots of teams don't put high value on 36 year old players.  For example the Patriots are famous for saying the exact same thing Troy did to some of their older players.

And you may not get it but whit does.

"I obviously love Cincinnati, love the Bengals, always have. It will always have a special place and I’m sure when I’m done playing will be somewhere I’ll visit a lot," Whitworth said in a feature written by The Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. at the end of January
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of teams don't put high value on 36 year old players.  For example the Patriots are famous for saying the exact same thing Troy did to some of their older players.

"I obviously love Cincinnati, love the Bengals, always have. It will always have a special place and I’m sure when I’m done playing will be somewhere I’ll visit a lot," Whitworth said in a feature written by The Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. at the end of January

And Whit’s wife had this to say...

“It was hurtful and felt personal”

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/melissa-whitworth-says-bengals-didnt-value-andrew

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of teams don't put high value on 36 year old players.  For example the Patriots are famous for saying the exact same thing Troy did to some of their older players.

I disagree on your " you may not get it, but Whit does. "    What Whit gets is that other NFL teams wanted him more than Bengals.  Other teams than Rams went after him.  He says he choose Rams in part because they never play the Bengals. He went on to a very bad Rams team and has BLOCKED them to the Super Bowl and most important Left Tackle.  

Also if you give most fans the choice between having Whitworth or Troy Blackburn, it would be an easy choice of Whitworth.   Troy Blackburn is the problem, not the solution. The endless nepotism of Brown, Brown, Blackburn, Blackburn, Brown, Brown & Tobin & Associates that are THE WORST NFL Front Office since Paul Brown died, no play-off wins, more 0-4 starts than any other franchise. 

If anybody is over rated, it is Troy, not Whitworth.  Also, I don't think The Patriots and Troy Blackburn should be used in any comparison UNLESS you are showing how awful Troy and Bengals Front Office is compared to Patriots. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Whit’s wife had this to say...

“It was hurtful and felt personal”

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/melissa-whitworth-says-bengals-didnt-value-andrew

Obviously she does not understand how the NFL works either.  I am sure it hurt her feelings, but the exact same thing happens to older players around the league every year.  

There was absolutely NOTHING "personal" about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:31 PM)kevin Wrote: I disagree on your " you may not get it, but Whit does. "    

Here is the part he did not get. 

Nico thinks that Whit is upset with the Bengals, so I posted a quote where Whit said he still loved the Bengals.

Nico has a habit of making stuff up when he doesn't know the facts.  So I try to help him out.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously she does not understand how the NFL works either.  I am sure it hurt her feelings, but the exact same thing happens to older players around the league every year.  

There was absolutely NOTHING "personal" about it.

You’re such a homer. Are you telling me Blackburn couldn’t of handled it with a little more tact? And not worded it like this...

“We don’t have Andrew valued at that price,” Blackburn said. “He is an aging left tackle. Our offer stands. It will not increase. If he chooses to leave Cincinnati, all good things must come to an end, I guess.”

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the part he did not get. 

Nico thinks that Whit is upset with the Bengals, so I posted a quote where Whit said he still loved the Bengals.

Nico has a habit of making stuff up when he doesn't know the facts.  So I try to help him out.

If only Troy had as much class and respect as Whit...

Reply/Quote