Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Burrow's confidence
(08-03-2020, 09:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Higgy baby might be an underrated rookie if we had one.

Even if he is an early 2nd round pick, he still seems a bit underrated to me. Tee has great hands.

Higgins will have a couple before its over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow has a real opportunity to make a statement in this conference. As of right now, the AFC has three starting QBs that played in the Super Bowl (Roethlisberger, Newton, Mahomes), in comparison to the NFC which has seven (Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Brady, Goff, Garoppolo, Wilson).

Pig Pen is on the way out, so that leaves Mahomes, Jackson and Watson as the current heavy-hitters in the conference.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not perfect?

BUST.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote:

ZT’s 1st season as a HC wasn’t either. I hope he did the same.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1290702465449504773

[Image: Eel1suWWoAAC3WG?format=png&name=medium]
Reply/Quote
Great now I can’t unsee his small hands...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote:

Anyone expecting him to be perfect after this Offseason has to be a bit off.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone expecting him to be perfect after this Offseason has to be a bit off.

Jersey order cancelled.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone expecting him to be perfect after this Offseason has to be a bit off.

And if you watched ZT’s press conference the “wasn’t perfect” comment was actually about balls hitting the ground on some bad snaps. Wasn’t even bad throws.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most superstar QBs taken number one n the draft are confident because they have been a dominate force since high school.  Their confidence is all in their ability.  But Burrow went from a 5-star recruit to a benchwarmer at OSU.  He did not become a starter until his fourth yaer in college and even then he was not that great (12 ranked QB in the SEC).  But he kept grinding and working hard and the results were arguably the greatest season ever by a college QB.

Dan Patrick interviewed Joe before the draft and afterwards he said Burrow was "over confident", but then he quickly added "but in a good way".  It is not really possible to be "over confident" in a good way, but I think I understand what Patrick was trying to say.  The QB who was just confident because he has always been great will often have problems if he struggles in the NFL.  Burrow seems to have the type of confidence that will allow him to shrug off any bumps in the road.  He has already experienced set backs, but he is confident that if he just keeps grinding it will all work out.  

I am not saying he does not have confidence in his skills, but he has much more than that.  He is older than most rookies and has already had to learn the sytems of three different OCs.  He is confident in his ability to learn and adapt.  This will serve him well in learning how to play in the NFL.

Who DeyJoeWho Dey

Agree with what you're saying but he was somewhere between a 2-4 star recruit depending on the source. If he were 5 star Nebraska wouldn't have declined him 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And if you watched ZT’s press conference the “wasn’t perfect” comment was actually about balls hitting the ground on some bad snaps. Wasn’t even bad throws.

Trey Hop had some bad snaps eh? 

Still understandable without getting any reps this Offseason pretty much.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trey Hop had some bad snaps eh? 

Still understandable without getting any reps this Offseason pretty much.

No, I took it as Burrow messed up the handoffs.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, I took it as Burrow messed up the handoffs.

Ah, cool. Also understandable getting used to taking snaps right under Center. Burrow is used mostly to the Shotgun.
Reply/Quote