Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks
(04-18-2024, 01:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The teams I see that would benefit from trading for Higgins AND have the money to resign him would be NE, Wash, AZ, & GB. While the Cardinals can just grab a guy as well and not spend the money, they have a ton of holes. So, a Higgins trade if they don't love what falls to them (Bengals taking a WR in the 1st would contribute to that, BTW).

AZ is also in a trash division and may value a vet who can play right away.

I just cannot get over the fact that the Bengals have the cap money to resign Tee. EASILY. And, yet, they have not. Why? I have my theory. ?

I heard Detroit as a possibility as well and that would be a first round pick which would be really awesome.

What is your theory on why the Bengals haven't re-signed Tee PDub?

Do you think it is because we want to extend Chase instead and concentrate on the trenches for the future? That would be my theory.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 10:57 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Exactly what Ive been posting for a while now.....Pats seem to be a perfect fit for a trade and its really almost at same slot we selected Tee when we drafted him.
I would like to see something else thrown in maybe a next yrs 4th or 5th?

I have seen sites saying that he's worth at least a first round pick with another saying a second and fourth/fifth rounder, so next year's 4th with this year's second seems logical, especially since they're so needy at receiver. 

I just wasn't trying to be greedy and feel like we could do a lot with that second round pick, either gaining that pick or using it to trade up.
Reply/Quote
Not happening
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard Detroit as a possibility as well and that would be a first round pick which would be really awesome.

What is your theory on why the Bengals haven't re-signed Tee PDub?

Do you think it is because we want to extend Chase instead and concentrate on the trenches for the future? That would be my theory.

I think they are waiting to see if they can trade Tee for draft capital and then use that draft capital to trade the Vikings for JJ.

It makes no sense to not pay Tee at this point IF the Bengals actually wanted him. They have a TON of cap space left this year. $90M next year, & $190Mil the year after that.

I think they want JJ and they have the money to pay both him and Chase. No problem. Chase will get 5th year option and won't need extended until 2026, the year the Bengals have the $190Mil.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 09:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think they are waiting to see if they can trade Tee for draft capital and then use that draft capital to trade the Vikings for JJ.

It makes no sense to not pay Tee at this point IF the Bengals actually wanted him. They have a TON of cap space left this year. $90M next year, & $190Mil the year after that.

I think they want JJ and they have the money to pay both him and Chase. No problem. Chase will get 5th year option and won't need extended until 2026, the year the Bengals have the $190Mil.

Cool, definitely on board with that. I know we keep talking about not paying 2 WR's a ton, but JJ would be different, he is currently 
the best WR in the league besides Chase in my opinion and is elite. The Bengals actually have the ability to make it happen more 
than any other team and JJ wants to play with Burrow and Chase again and the feelings are reciprocal.

As long as we can still afford to keep the trenches as strong as possible I am happy. 
Reply/Quote