Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a positive note.
(09-25-2016, 07:36 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Elite?  Pittsburgh is losing 34 - 3

The Bengals could have given them that same sort of beatdown, with fair officiating.

(09-25-2016, 07:39 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Because thats what happens when the Steelers play a game with the calls being fair on both sides.

Indeed

(09-25-2016, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nelson is having a really bad year. Or so I'm told. Haven't watched any of their games. 

And we tried to pay Jones. He wanted to be a #1. Something that would never happen here as long as we have AJ.

Nelson is still Nelson.  He had a really nice INT and return, except he stepped out of bounds.  With Williams getting dinged up, we sure do miss Reggie back there...

(09-25-2016, 08:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure as hell had a better chance of being a #1 in Det than here.

I get it, some guys just want to make money.  He's padding his stats on a shitty team.  No hate toward him, but we really don't need him.  What we need is a quality Center...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still like Iloka though. Has to be one of the hardest hitters in the league. 

I would rather have a guy like Nelson that can cover and hang on to a Int. Big hitter? who cares, just a flag waiting to happen anymore.
Reply/Quote
Bengals allowed themselves to get beat by a bad QB today, and that has to be fixed. Not sure if Eifert & Tez coming back will fully fix this--and if the Bengals are that dependent on two players, they're in trouble. When they come back, the team will be better. But what else is going on? They beat themselves today....on so many levels.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:30 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Bengals allowed themselves to get beat by a bad QB today, .....

What?  Did you watch the game?  This kid and Carson Wentz of the Eagles are playing lights out so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:59 PM)Derrick Wrote: I didn't know where to post the following question and didn't want to start a new thread.

In all seriousness, you have a point about the Browns. I see a split at best. I realize it is still early in the season. My question is:
What has happened to the Bengals? They look lost in several aspects! Surely missing Burfict and Eifert shouldn't make that much difference. Other teams lose key players, even QBs, and still do well. There seems to be a big drop off in overall chemistry(aka give a shit). Of course Marvin is still the HC and never could get the coaches to step up or get a team firedup and ready to play. I would like to see some serious answers to my question. Thank you.

"Of course Marvin is still the HC"

You could have dropped the Mic right there
Reply/Quote
Another great stat for good old Marvin Lewis 0-7 against Kubiak. Ties his playoff record.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:50 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What?  Did you watch the game?  This kid and Carson Wentz of the Eagles are playing lights out so far.

I more than watched the game. This kid didn't do jack until today. He was carrying clipboards last year, threw more INT's than TD passes in college (as an Iowa alum & fan, I saw him plenty in his Northwestern days), and was one of the last players drafted in 2015 (seventh round). He was making the first road start of his career today. He threw some nice balls, but today was waaay more about the Bengals defense than Siemien.

BTW....you didn't just imply that Siemien & Carson Wentz were in the same mold, did you?
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:30 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Bengals allowed themselves to get beat by a bad QB today, and that has to be fixed. Not sure if Eifert & Tez coming back will fully fix this--and if the Bengals are that dependent on two players, they're in  trouble. When they come back, the team will be better. But what else is going on? They beat themselves today....on so many levels.
GO STRIPES!!!

Bengals got beat by a well coached QB.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:43 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: But can we hang with the Browns?  That's the question we're all asking ourselves deep down.....

Right now, with a rookie QB in his first start, they played with more fire and determination than our supposed "eite roster".  Yes, they lost, but they will get better (Fast) talent-wise and when you combine that with a passion...No, we won't hang with the Browns in a very short amount of time.

I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end with Marvin, and who would replace him?  I hear Lovie Smith is available.  Damn, I'm not even excited about Thursday's game now.  
Reply/Quote
On a positive note...

In 2014 the Bengals looked out of the playoff picture as late as early November. The Browns had just dump trucked them at PBS on national TV. They had to play the Saints next. The Saints never lost at home back then, the Bengals handled them.

This season feels a lot like then. Except they didn't start 3-0 with everyone singing their praises this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals beat themselves more than Denver did.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still like Iloka though. Has to be one of the hardest hitters in the league. 

I'm not sure what happened to the dude.  He is not playing at last year's level.  My guess is he'll turn it around.

But he's dropping balls, missing tackles and out of position.

Why when Chris Lewis-Harris comes in to cover for Jones - and everyone in the stadium knows they're gonna go after him does Iloka back Kirkpatrick up?

Williams is another story... and not a good one.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least we don't have to wait until the end of the season to realize that the Bengals can't hang with the elite teams of the league..

Knee jerk reaction.

You have no idea how we will match up later in the season.

Seems like everyone here believes that every good team in the NFL goes 16-0 and never loses a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:48 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The Bengals beat themselves more than Denver did.

Thats the problem with a Marvin Lewis led team. The discipline and lack of execution shows through when losing games like this and it never gets better. Marvin Lewis was doing this back when Carson, Chad and Rudi were playing for the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least we don't have to wait until the end of the season to realize that the Bengals can't hang with the elite teams of the league..

What's got me is that it's mostly mental, not physical. That's coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Knee jerk reaction.

You have no idea how we will match up later in the season.

Seems like everyone here believes that every good team in the NFL goes 16-0 and never loses a game.

Can it, fred.  I can get upset about my team having a bad game, and run off at the mouth if I want to.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:48 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What's got me is that it's mostly mental, not physical. That's coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure about that?  To me, it looks like the Center and Right Tackle are getting beat physically by their opponents.  Now, on the defensive side, I can see some mental lapses resulting in bad coverage, but mostly coverage was read by a well coached QB.  So, yes, you are correct, defense got outcoached.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can it, fred.  I can get upset about my team having a bad game, and run off at the mouth if I want to.

But I am not allowed to respond?

Is that a new rule around here that I have not heard about?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  To me, it looks like the Center and Right Tackle are getting beat physically by their opponents.  Now, on the defensive side, I can see some mental lapses resulting in bad coverage, but mostly coverage was read by a well coached QB.  So, yes, you are correct, defense got outcoached.

Well, you do have a point there.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I am not allowed to respond?

Is that a new rule around here that I have not heard about?

No new rule, you are just as free to run your mouth as I am.  However, I am on now on the side that says Marvin should not remain as HC.  I've been borderline for the past few years, but with the way the OL is floundering (receiving options aren't the problem..), and the way the defensive secondary is giving up TDs, something needs to change. 

During this stretch of one and dones in playoff games, we have had two good offensive coordinators hit the road for head coaching jobs, and likely the greatest defensive coordinator since Dick LeBeau, do the same.  Now, with Paul Guenther in his stride, the defense is faulting, and with the longevity appointee running the offense, it is beyond underachieving. 

Rather than offer anything constructive to counter my emotional outburst about the team proving that they cannot hang with the elite, you choose to open a discussion on who can say or reply whatever they want?  fredtoast, leave that shit in P&R.  Yes, my bad mood got the best of me when posting this thread, but you are much better than to feed on that, rather than talk football in JungleNoise. 

So, I know you are a pretty good football mind, what are your suggestions for the "rapidly growing skeptical" fans?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote