Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On criticizing NFL coaches
(10-14-2021, 09:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fred: "When others criticize coaches, they're buffoons, but when I do it, yall should listen up."

Maybe this will explain it a little better.  

It is okay for anyone to criticize a doctor if their treatment is not effective. 

It is NOT okay for anyone to say they know more than doctors and research chemists because they watched some youtube videos and every season of "House".
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe this will explain it a little better.  

It is okay for anyone to criticize a doctor if their treatment is not effective. 

It is NOT okay for anyone to say they know more than doctors and research chemists because they watched some youtube videos and every season of "House".

Right. The way you said it is okay. Everyone else is dumb when they do it.

I give up. You do you, Fred. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Go back to the "Sugar Huddle". teams couldn't stop it. I remember the Bills faking numerous injuries just to try and slow it down; then they implemented it the following year.

Yep, and with a lot of inexperienced players in Detroit on the field, I wouldn't give them time to communicate and get set.  It also doesn't give the crowd much time to ramp up their noise, if that is even much of an issue in Detroit.  

It is so logical you can almost bet it won't happen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe this will explain it a little better.  

Doctors and nurses have tons of training and development.  What does a football coach go through?  There are some absolute dumbasses that have made it to the rank of NFL coach.  Look at SF not long ago...Jim Tomsula?  Best known for farting in a press conference?

Forgive me if I don't bow down to these guys just because of their title. 

Look also at how the stupid, boring, conservative coaches got destroyed by the likes of McVay and Staley?  It is adapt or die.  Teams that have boring, unimaginative offenses have defenses saying "thank God!".  Do you realize just how inept this offense has been without huge plays by Ja'Marr Chase?  They are probably 0-5, that's how inept.  And let's not forget a lot of those were called by the QB, not the coach.

Sorry, Fred, the Dr and Nurse argument doesn't hold water.  

The HC of the Bengals might have great route design but he has been halted and isn't adapting.  That is a sign of stubborn ineptitude.   There is simply no way this team with this roster should be so inept on offense.  Oh, and I think the defense has them ranked 4th in the NFL in number of drives.  So, it isn't like the defense hasn't massively improved and has got them many more opportunities (drives) compared to a year ago.

ZT better figure this shit out RIGHT NOW.  If they are inept against this Lions team, it is time to pass off play-calling and try to salvage this season.  He shouldn't be able to save that until the offseason as a way to get another year of coaching.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It hasn’t really been insignificant though. They’ve been lethal at scoring right before halftime, and right after.

For the most part, very true.  However, the point was from the lack of any points off the so-called "scripted plays" at the beginning of a game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 08:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: playing hurry up and failing puts the D on the field with no rest

You can mix it in. You don't have to run it every single play.

Hit a big play and get right back to the line and run it till you get stopped. Then you can go back to the huddle, regroup, and when you hit another big play, wash rinse repeat.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

What about St. Elsewhere? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What about St. Elsewhere? 

I got my medical degree from watching M*A*S*H and Trapper John.
Reply/Quote