Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"On my Watch" Guys
It's possible that Tobin was there for other players besides QBs, but the fact that he was at the LSU/Utah game raises an eyebrow, considering it was a head-to-head between two of the top QB prospects.

They're looking at Burrow early?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:29 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's possible that Tobin was there for other players besides QBs, but the fact that he was at the LSU/Utah game raises an eyebrow, considering it was a head-to-head between two of the top QB prospects.

I would suppose so.

If they have their choice it will be a QB.   The top 4 QBs would have to be gone for them to think Young.   I'm pretty sure Young will not be a Bengal.   It will be one of the QBs for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:29 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's possible that Tobin was there for other players besides QBs, but the fact that he was at the LSU/Utah game raises an eyebrow, considering it was a head-to-head between two of the top QB prospects.

Utah isn't on LSU's schedule this season.  They played Utah St., which is about the equivalent of playing Ohio U., rather than Ohio St.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Utah isn't on LSU's schedule this season.  They played Utah St., which is about the equivalent of playing Ohio U., rather than Ohio St.

It was Utah State and that is relevant because their QB Jordan Love was getting a lot of early love as the next dark horse Mahomes. A match up of two potentially draftable QB's did signal they were in the hunt for a QB.
Reply/Quote
Update:

Burrow has moved into #1 overall pick conversation and has peaked my interest, but #1 overall?

Thompson trudges along on a terrible team and is losing my interest.

Throckmorten continues to set the standard for Pac-12 Olinemen. I'm liking it

Claypool is turning it on
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Update:

Burrow has moved into #1 overall pick conversation and has peaked my interest, but #1 overall?

Thompson trudges along on a terrible team and is losing my interest.

Throckmorten continues to set the standard for Pac-12 Olinemen. I'm liking it

Claypool is turning it on

Burrow is draftable at #1, with only a couple games left I'd guess he is going to get a grade similar to a guy like Jameis Winston but I've only watched a couple games back. A couple minor flaws but with a grade high enough to take #1 overall. He played with an NFL offensive coordinator so the question on how quickly he will be able to come up to speed on a pro playbook should be answered. That actually brings up an interesting question though, many people believe his OC could land a pro HC job next year. I wonder if he would mortgage the farm to get him in that event?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: Burrow is draftable at #1, with only a couple games left I'd guess he is going to get a grade similar to a guy like Jameis Winston but I've only watched a couple games back. A couple minor flaws but with a grade high enough to take #1 overall. He played with an NFL offensive coordinator so the question on how quickly he will be able to come up to speed on a pro playbook should be answered. That actually brings up an interesting question though, many people believe his OC could land a pro HC job next year. I wonder if he would mortgage the farm to get him in that event?

If the Bengals are set to draft Burrow, then they should bring in Brady as PGC at the very least and let Taylor manage game situations.  They could move Callahan to rushing game coordinator and Brady as passing game coordinator.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 08:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals are set to draft Burrow, then they should bring in Brady as PGC at the very least and let Taylor manage game situations.  They could move Callahan to rushing game coordinator and Brady as passing game coordinator.  

I think Brady will have much bigger job offers, including elite College HC jobs and possibly some pro HC jobs. I am not sure a passing game coordinator position on a bad team would get him excited.
Reply/Quote