Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On our rushing attack
So this is a question, and a theory. I haven't seen the snap count anywhere yet, but I'm interested to see how many snaps Hewitt is getting.

If you think back, when Hill was having a great year as a rookie, Hewitt was always in there, blasting up through the hole, and hitting somebody. He didn't mess around either, he saw a defender and hit him dead center. It gave Hill something to cut off of, and it was one cut and go. We could rush the football.

Last year, Hewitt's snaps seemed to dwindle, and for what reason, I just don't know. Because that guy is one good football player, who knows how to block. And guess what, Hill's productivity declined.

So how many snaps has Hewitt had in the first two games? My opinion is that if we get Hewitt lined up in front of Hill, and run the damn ball, things will go a lot better. Hill can watch Hewitt and cut right off his block, and not be jumping all around, waiting to get tackled.

And we better get Hewitt in the backfield Sunday, in order to pick up Vaughn Miller, as well as blocking in front of Hill, or that damn Denver defense will kill us.

I don't understand how you can have a valuable player like Hewitt, and not use his obvious abilities.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:40 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: So this is a question, and a theory.  I haven't seen the snap count anywhere yet, but I'm interested to see how many snaps Hewitt is getting.

If you think back, when Hill was having a great year as a rookie, Hewitt was always in there, blasting up through the hole, and hitting somebody.  He didn't mess around either, he saw a defender and hit him dead center. It gave Hill something to cut off of, and it was one cut and go.  We could rush the football.

Last year, Hewitt's snaps seemed to dwindle, and for what reason, I just don't know. Because that guy is one good football player, who knows how to block. And guess what, Hill's productivity declined.

So how many snaps has Hewitt had in the first two games?  My opinion is that if we get Hewitt lined up in front of Hill, and run the damn ball, things will go a lot better.  Hill can watch Hewitt and cut right off his block, and not be jumping all around, waiting to get tackled.

And we better get Hewitt in the backfield Sunday, in order to pick up Vaughn Miller, as well as blocking in front of Hill, or that damn Denver defense will kill us.

I don't understand how you can have a valuable player like Hewitt, and not use his obvious abilities.

I suspect that number is like a limit in calculus: Approaching zero.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was out there on the goal line and did **** all.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:40 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: So this is a question, and a theory.  I haven't seen the snap count anywhere yet, but I'm interested to see how many snaps Hewitt is getting.

If you think back, when Hill was having a great year as a rookie, Hewitt was always in there, blasting up through the hole, and hitting somebody.  He didn't mess around either, he saw a defender and hit him dead center. It gave Hill something to cut off of, and it was one cut and go.  We could rush the football.

So how many snaps has Hewitt had in the first two games?  My opinion is that if we get Hewitt lined up in front of Hill, and run the damn ball, things will go a lot better.  Hill can watch Hewitt and cut right off his block, and not be jumping all around, waiting to get tackled.

Hewitt has a whopping 16 snaps through 2 games
Reply/Quote
Hill ran behind a fullback the whole time he was at LSU. He needs Hewitt, or someone, in front of him....
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 02:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hill ran behind a fullback the whole time he was at LSU. He needs Hewitt, or someone, in front of him....

Good point, and like the OP said, he did better behind one here as well.  I just don't get it.  Get multiple looks out of the I and keep defenses guessing.  Hewitt/Eifert/Uzomah, whoever, can line up as a FB and block, pass pro, chip, and hit the flat, or be a straight up safety valve.  It's maddening we have the players to pull this off, but think we can just hand Hill the ball, flat footed on a delay and think he'll take it to the house when that clearly isn't his strong suit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Great post, another reason why our running game has looked so poor the first two weeks. Hill runs better
with a FB and Hewitt is a good one. I think that Ogbuehi and the rest of the line will improve as the year
goes on. He definately improved this last game in pass protection from the week before.

But him and the rest of the OL will have their biggest test yet this game no question. Need to open up
holes in the run game to take pressure off when we have to pass. This is key in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 02:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hill ran behind a fullback the whole time he was at LSU. He needs Hewitt, or someone, in front of him....

(09-20-2016, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good point, and like the OP said, he did better behind one here as well.  I just don't get it. 

(09-20-2016, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post, another reason why our running game has looked so poor the first two weeks. Hill runs better with a FB and Hewitt is a good one.

None of this is true.  As a Bengal Hill has always been more effective running from a single set back formation than from an I-formation.
Reply/Quote
The only holes the O-line's opened up thru week 2 were the ones covered up by their jocks.

#squat2pee
Reply/Quote

Kick the OC in the nads. Tell him to wake his miserable arse Rant up and see what is NOT happening.
Reply/Quote