Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the brighter side
The defense actually played pretty well for all the new starters we had in. We had first time Starters/Players Dennard, Billings, WJ3, Fej, Willis, Lawson, Evans,Vigil all taking significant snaps along with Minter who is knew to the team. All things considered the defense played well enough to win and at least with them you can see opportunity for improvement moving forward with more experience. Specifically, I though Dennard settled in to look pretty good minus going under a pick instead of over it. I think the defense could end up being a top 10 defense again once Burfict gets back.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: The defense actually played pretty well for all the new starters we had in. We had first time Starters/Players Dennard, Billings, WJ3, Fej, Willis, Lawson, Evans,Vigil all taking significant snaps along with Minter who is knew to the team. All things considered the defense played well enough to win and at least with them you can see opportunity for improvement moving forward with more experience. Specifically, I though Dennard settled in to look pretty good minus going under a pick instead of over it. I think the defense could end up being a top 10 defense again once Burfict gets back.

Good thing woodhead got hurt because we still can't cover running backs out of the backfield.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Good thing woodhead got hurt because we still can't cover running backs out of the backfield.  

We've NEVER been able to handle him!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Good thing woodhead got hurt because we still can't cover running backs out of the backfield.  

Yea, that was a bit concerning. I think thats a wash though once Burfict gets back as that would have been his guy in most cases.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: The defense actually played pretty well for all the new starters we had in. We had first time Starters/Players Dennard, Billings, WJ3, Fej, Willis, Lawson, Evans,Vigil all taking significant snaps along with Minter who is knew to the team. All things considered the defense played well enough to win and at least with them you can see opportunity for improvement moving forward with more experience. Specifically, I though Dennard settled in to look pretty good minus going under a pick instead of over it. I think the defense could end up being a top 10 defense again once Burfict gets back.

I said prior to the season I was worried about our run defense. Yesterday our run defense could not stop a team almost running 100% of the time in the second half. My point is I have no idea how good the defense is because Flacco only threw 5 and 10 yard passes and they barely passed. I do know it was pissing me off I knew they were going to run and yet they were getting 5 or 6 yards on first down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Thanks for something positive. Watched the first quarter and we were down 3-0 then had some unexpected guests.

Turn around and it was 17-0 and was quite perplexed. Started drinking a lot of brews and woke up pissed off.

I expected a lot of learning curves early but i thought we could handle a banged up Ravens team with Flacco at the helm.

Guess i was completely wrong.

Marv needs to go.
Reply/Quote
They Did Some good things.. clap clap
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:27 PM)bengals73 Wrote: They Did Some good things.. clap clap

And thats a good thing...
Reply/Quote
The D was put in some pretty bad situations for sure, but don't give them a pass. Baltimore marched down the field in the 3rd strictly running it up the Bengals' ass. I'm also officially done with Dennard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:12 PM)jason Wrote: The D was put in some pretty bad situations for sure, but don't give them a pass. Baltimore marched down the field in the 3rd strictly running it up the Bengals' ass. I'm also officially done with Dennard.

Yeah...Baltimore got a lead and kind of shut it down but still ran on us. Pretty impossible to say the defense was good or bad. Had the offense scored and the Ravens ran a normal offense, we'd be able to gather more insight.

Dennard is a bust.
Reply/Quote
I disagree, this D looked horrible against a shitty Ravens offense who's QB wouldn't have beat most D in the NFL. The Ravens lost so many players, they had no business being able to march right down field on us. We can't cover the middle, we can't tackle for shit. Flacco completed 9 damn passes for 129 yards and they still managed to put up 20 points. We couldn't stop them, they shut it down themselves. Any other team with a half decent offense and we lose 40-0. This whole team is Pathetic.
Reply/Quote