Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the cusp
I really believe we are on the cusp of reaching a level that’s AFC championship caliber. The DL play w/o Tupoi and Reader and Pratt and ADG’s play and Cam Taylor-Britt getting healthy really gives me solace on our depth. The continued improvement of the OL and the offense is really boosting my confidence. As we get Wilson and Reader back hopefully after the bye I think we are primed to make another run.

I think we can win our next 2 and finish 6-3 at the bye. That leaves us with 8 games. I think we can go 5-3 which makes us 11-6 for the season. Frankly I thought that was our ceiling but considering the 0-2 start it’s better. Hopefully I’m right.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We'd most-likely be in the playoffs at 10-7 too, but I agree with your reasoning/prediction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep, making the playoffs and winning has to do with peaking at the right time. This team is on the same path as last year, ascending as the season progresses while other teams go on the decline.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We'd most-likely be in the playoffs at 10-7 too, but I agree with your reasoning/prediction.

Yep... 10 gets us in. The AFC isn't as crowded as it appeared in the preseason. Only one team is getting in outta the south and west.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Agree with all said

Yet really need these next two games just to establish a win streak going into bye, 6-3 on a 4 game win streak and getting Wilson and Reader back would be real comfortable.

Think the Bengals overwhelm the Panthers, so this MNF game against the Browns is huge imo.

Because 5-4 and 0-3 in division would leave a big hill to climb. Not that the Bengals could not achieve this but would rather not have to do so if possible.

Still believe the Bengals make playoffs either way and once they're in, they're as dangerous as any team in the NFL and quite capable of winning the Lombardy Trophy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Really seeing this team coming together as a whole right now at the perfect time. We dug a big hole early but it just
made these games coming up even more urgent. We will be in Playoff mode from here on out and if we make the Playoffs
anything can happen and a team that has been in Playoff mode for practically the entire season is the most dangerous
team to play. This Stains game is huge as Go Cards said.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We'd most-likely be in the playoffs at 10-7 too, but I agree with your reasoning/prediction.

Maybe. That likely puts us as a wild card and going on the road game 1 though. Obviously last year we proved we can do that and win but it's still not ideal. 
Reply/Quote