Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the easiest TD A.J. Green has ever had
Kind of a fun story, considering just how open he was for that first score.

Caught up with Andy too - I had to ask him if he felt like he was "too" open - kind of like the guy who has to catch the routine pop up to clinch a no-hitter. It's a little more nerve-wracking than the usual.

Thanks for the read and any shares !
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:54 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Kind of a fun story, considering just how open he was for that first score.

Caught up with Andy too - I had to ask him if he felt like he was "too" open - kind of like the guy who has to catch the routine pop up to clinch a no-hitter. It's a little more nerve-wracking than the usual.

Thanks for the read and any shares !

Good read!

I love how, in the past, people always bashed Dalton for not going through his progressions, locking on to one receiver, and forcing the ball into coverage, but, this time, he went to his first progression and then proceeded to AJ so quickly that you wouldn't have even known AJ wasn't his first progression.

The entire team is just playing ball and having fun!
Reply/Quote
Good read.

Also liked at the end with Nelson giving Iloka the credit on the interception and speaking on how he doesn't care about interceptions because he has a bigger team goal.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting.

My question is do you guys ever get to interview opposing coach ? I'd have loved to have seen someone ask why you call timeout down by four scores with 8 seconds left ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still can't get over Janoris Jenkins deciding to go over and provide triple coverage on Sanu.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Thanks for posting.

My question is do you guys ever get to interview opposing coach ? I'd have loved to have seen someone ask why you call timeout down by four scores with 8 seconds left ?

well when your down 4 scores you need every snap of practice you can get
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My question is do you guys ever get to interview opposing coach ? I'd have loved to have seen someone ask why you call timeout down by four scores with 8 seconds left ?

Fisher was hoping the PBS scorboard guy would play the "pizza pachinko" game one more time before he had to leave.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I still can't get over Janoris Jenkins deciding to go over and provide triple coverage on Sanu.

I guess he thought it would be easier than covering AJ. 

No, but seriously, there's a reason why Paul Brown valued intelligence in players. I remember us talking about Jenkins on the draft boards. The kid was in all kinds of trouble all the time in college. Not indicative of Marvin's model.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:40 AM)Shady Wrote: I guess he thought it would be easier than covering AJ. 

No, but seriously, there's a reason why Paul Brown valued intelligence in players. I remember us talking about Jenkins on the draft boards. The kid was in all kinds of trouble all the time in college. Not indicative of Marvin's model.

Indeed. I know someone was going nuts for Jenkins and was still obsessed for a year or two into the guy's career.

I will say that Marvin and Tobin taking over the draft has been a blessing. Marvin has said that they look for guys who just love the game and want to play football for the sake of football. You can see it on the field now with the comradery between the players.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote