Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Baltimore
So we have a mini bye going into Baltimore. I have a feeling we'll miss Reader big time up there. Hopefully our 3 WR's can step it up, the way they played the 1st half last night, you would think they have never been jammed at the line before. You can bet the Ravens will be doing just that..... and, don't forget they will be looking for payback after last year's two drubbing we laid on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So we have a mini bye going into Baltimore. I have a feeling we'll miss Reader big time up there. Hopefully our 3 WR's can step it up, the way they played the 1st half last night, you would think they have never been jammed at the line before. You can bet the Ravens will be doing just that..... and, don't forget they will be looking for payback after last year's two drubbing we laid on them.

Agreed, but Baltimore's defense has been lacking so far. I think our LBs are going to need to be lights out in helping stop the run. Without Reader, we can plug up blockers decent, but not push and dominate to make the play at the same time like DJ does.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So we have a mini bye going into Baltimore. I have a feeling we'll miss Reader big time up there. Hopefully our 3 WR's can step it up, the way they played the 1st half last night, you would think they have never been jammed at the line before. You can bet the Ravens will be doing just that..... and, don't forget they will be looking for payback after last year's two drubbing we laid on them.

[Image: tiger-scared.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Also we know how to handle Lamar Jackson. Mush rush him and we're good.
Reply/Quote
We actually match up pretty damn well against Baltimore. If there was ever a coming out party for this offense...this is the game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Covering Andrews is our biggest problem with Baltimore.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Also it is Sunday Night football IN Baltimore. They usually play very well at home in primetime. We will need to be crisp in all phases if we want to win.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Raven pass defense is dead last in the league. Kind of surprising. I expect them to be much better for our game. They want to prove the performances Burrow had against them was a fluke. To be fair, they were missing a ton of people then.
Reply/Quote
Was Flowers on the team when they went to Baltimore last year? He's the TE eraser in the secondary, so it will be interesting to see if he can limit the damage that Andrews can inflict. Lamar is almost everything to that offense, but Andrews is about the only weapon that can really make you pay if you overcommit to containing Jackson's ability to run.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:51 AM)Joelist Wrote: Also we know how to handle Lamar Jackson. Mush rush him and we're good.

Through 3 weeks, Lamar is putting his MVP season to shame. Pretty sure it's gonna take more than a mush rush, and we're good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Bengal fans will see more of dax Hill in this game.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
We will miss DJ no question. Linebackers in Wilson, Pratt and ADG will need to step up to help stop the running game.

I think we will also need to bring in Dax Hill to help stop the run at times as he is a great tackler and has fantastic speed
and takes great angles. I know Samhain mentioned Trey Flowers on Mark Andrews but Dax might be even better in covering
TE's, we will see who gets the nod against Andrews. Hilton is a little too small to guard TE's, it is kind of unfair with his size.

I hope the Ravens blitz Burrow all game, if they do, he will torch them.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:24 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Raven pass defense is dead last in the league. Kind of surprising. I expect them to be much better for our game. They want to prove the performances Burrow had against them was a fluke. To be fair, they were missing a ton of people then.

Won't be a Bengals-Ravens game of old... far more likely to be like my Madden games where we put up 45 on them and give up 31.

Obviously a crucial game in our regular season juncture. Lots of time to prepare, but SNF at the Ravens, who will definitely be very up for getting some revenge on that Burrow 525 game. They've also started well, and Lamar looks like he's doing well betting on himself so far.

I just wanna see us play our top level game and not be phased by the big lights and the hostility. This team is definitely ready.
Reply/Quote
We have to finish drives with TD's in this game ! LJ and Co. are going to score some points we have to just hope to limit them. Man it would be so great to get some productive runs.

Our defense I believe can keep us in the game. Come on O Joe
Reply/Quote
Put Flowers on Andrews all game and rush the glorified running back and we win.

Early in the season but this is a massive game win and we are right back on schedule to win the division after the shit show against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard will be a key player in containing Lamar

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hubbard will be a key player in containing Lamar

Yep, his discipline is the reason we can play these types now. Spy Lamar with Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
We can handle their offense. Remember they are a BAD INT by Mac Jones and a clown show style fumble by Nelson Algholor away from being 1-2. If we've played an easier schedule so far they have too.

The key to beating Jackson is the same as it has always been (and is part of why he struggles in the playoffs) - mush rush so he can't run and cover properly so he has to put the ball into small spaces - in other words don't let receivers get wide open. His bane as a passer is that kind of precise accuracy so you play defense to make him try to show it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: We can handle their offense. Remember they are a BAD INT by Mac Jones and a clown show style fumble by Nelson Algholor away from being 1-2. If we've played an easier schedule so far they have too.

The key to beating Jackson is the same as it has always been (and is part of why he struggles in the playoffs) - mush rush so he can't run and cover properly so he has to put the ball into small spaces - in other words don't let receivers get wide open. His bane as a passer is that kind of precise accuracy so you play defense to make him try to show it.

"Cover their receivers and don't let him run." Genius, we need to let the rest of the league know this discovery. It's just that damn easy. Ninja

Jackson is playing at an MVP level right now. The defense has played fantastic and last night was a great display of their abilities but Lamar is undoubtedly the best QB they have faced so far, and he is a very unique QB at that. They really have their work cut out for them next week. 
Reply/Quote
This will be an interesting game. We have experience against Lamar so hopefully we can slow him down as he is playing really well right now. I think we might see more of Flowers than Hill as they haven't been giving him many snaps thus far. I'm glad we won last night because this will be a very tough game and hopefully the offense can continue they're upward trend.
Reply/Quote