Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Baltimore
Lamar is my MVP right now

He’s rushing and throwing at a high level right now

This will be a hard game. But we can will. With the Ravens pass D being surprisingly average we have a chance but we NEED. Good game by the o line
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This defense is built to stop dual threat QBs. Should be a good chess match to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh and Tomlin are two of the best 5 coaches in the NFL. They both failed to beat the Bengals last season. Tomlin had lost 3 in a row. We will get their staff’s best shot. As others I agree the defense seems to be ready to match up with Lamar. But be certain of this regardless how poor Baltimore’s defense is playing they are putting up points on offense. The offense has to get untracked. Burrow looks to be feeling more comfortable.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don't expect the Bengals to win against Baltimore, but, 2-3 is not bad after the horrendous start. I look back at last year and and they were 3-2 and only got better as the year went on. Am hopeful for a nice season. I believe 9-8 will get them a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
Our D is the key..I think they handle Jackson fine.. The Fins dropped 42 on them..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So we have a mini bye going into Baltimore. I have a feeling we'll miss Reader big time up there. Hopefully our 3 WR's can step it up, the way they played the 1st half last night, you would think they have never been jammed at the line before. You can bet the Ravens will be doing just that..... and, don't forget they will be looking for payback after last year's two drubbing we laid on them.

The Ravens have the absolute worst defense in football. They let Mac Jones and Tua carve them up..
Reply/Quote
Besides Reader, the other 21 starters should be good to go.

The TE room is thin with Sample likely out for the year and Asiasi iffy.
Reply/Quote
We also have a couple days head start to game plan on them while the Ravens still have to focus on the Bills. That should also be a tough physical game for their defense to have to run around to stop the hills similar to dolphins facing bills before us.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 06:41 AM)NativeTheory Wrote: We also have a couple days head start to game plan on them while the Ravens still have to focus on the Bills. That should also be a tough physical game for their defense to have to run around to stop the hills similar to dolphins facing bills before us.

John Harbaugh got beat twice by the Bengals last year. These guys have egos and huge competitive streaks. You don’t get to where they are at if your not competitive. You can bet they will be ready.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals should put up over 30 pretty easily and the defense can hold Lamar under 30.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:25 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Put Flowers on Andrews all game and rush the glorified running back and we win.

As much as I hate coming to the defense of a Baltimore Raven, I have to on this one. He is much more than a “glorified running back”.

The guy has nearly a 3-1 career TD-INT ratio (95-33) and a career passer rating of 99.4, which is good for 5th all time. He throws for less yards per year not because he can’t do it, but because he can also do it with his legs. He’s got 4000ish career rushing yards on top of his QB accomplishments…why do so many disregard everything but the rushing yards?

He’s already won the league MVP once, and is probably the current favorite to do it again (although it’s way too early to talk about that).
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Our offense should be able to put up 30+ IF they do not get behind the chains. If they can maintain short down and distance to go so the entire playbook is open I see no problem on offense. If they get behind the sticks that will be a raucous crowd and can make for a long night.

On defense onviously have to limit Jackson’s explosive plays and do a good job of limiting Andrews. I don’t think our corners will have a hard ime with their receivers honestly.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 10:33 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: As much as I hate coming to the defense of a Baltimore Raven, I have to on this one. He is much more than a “glorified running back”.

The guy has nearly a 3-1 career TD-INT ratio (95-33) and a career passer rating of 99.4, which is good for 5th all time. He throws for less yards per year not because he can’t do it, but because he can also do it with his legs. He’s got 4000ish career rushing yards on top of his QB accomplishments…why do so many disregard everything but the rushing yards?

He’s already won the league MVP once, and is probably the current favorite to do it again (although it’s way too early to talk about that).

I agree. It is strange to see people still calling Jackson a glorified running back. He is a very dangerous passer and doesn't put up huge yardage numbers because he doesn't pass all that often. He's been near the bottom of the league in pass attempts because they have been a run heavy offense with him. And yes, he is also the most dangerous running QB to hit a field (I would put him ahead of Vick, personally). 

Dude's a stud, there is no way around it. The defense has a huge test next Sunday night. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 10:33 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: As much as I hate coming to the defense of a Baltimore Raven, I have to on this one. He is much more than a “glorified running back”.

I don't disregard it, but his running is what makes everything else work. That and having Mark Andrews.

He will stand back there all day until he's forced to break the pocket. When he does that, the defense has to react, and it's given someone time to work their way open. I don't have a break down on the numbers but there has to be a disparity on his passing yards in the pocket and outside the pocket. That's why he throws for that many yards and TDs. As soon as he takes off the defense has to be prepared for his running ability.

He's not the kind of guy that will drop back and pick you apart from the pocket. It's ALL based on his running ability. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Don't forget. This is a "Red Dot" game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:36 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Covering Andrews is our biggest problem with Baltimore.

"Hello, Mr Flowers?  You may be starting this week."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 11:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't disregard it, but his running is what makes everything else work. That and having Mark Andrews.

He will stand back there all day until he's forced to break the pocket. When he does that, the defense has to react, and it's given someone time to work their way open. I don't have a break down on the numbers but there has to be a disparity on his passing yards in the pocket and outside the pocket. That's why he throws for that many yards and TDs. As soon as he takes off the defense has to be prepared for his running ability.

He's not the kind of guy that will drop back and pick you apart from the pocket. It's ALL based on his running ability. 

Yep! Nothing has changed with Lamar Jackson. You still beat him the same way as always - mush rush so he can't make big run plays and cover properly so he has to fit the ball into small spaces, which is his weakness. He has a cannon but isn't pinpoint accurate. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 11:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't disregard it, but his running is what makes everything else work. That and having Mark Andrews.

(10-01-2022, 12:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! Nothing has changed with Lamar Jackson. You still beat him the same way as always - mush rush so he can't make big run plays and cover properly so he has to fit the ball into small spaces, which is his weakness. He has a cannon but isn't pinpoint accurate. 

Nice posts both of you. Lamar will be the toughest QB we have faced this year by far, but we know how to play him.

He is playing great right now, if he beats us throwing the football so be it. That is how you play him, don't let him beat 
you with his legs. It isn't rocket science, as Rfaulk said, it is ALL based on his running ability. Scares the shit out of Defenses
as it should. He is the best running QB maybe ever after all.
Reply/Quote