Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Jacksonville: A Classic Trap Game
(09-27-2021, 12:48 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The game is in prime time under the lights. I think the Bengals will be ready and amped. The ring of honor ceremony can’t hurt too.

Agree 

but this part is unnerving somewhat as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Unlike college where upsets are rare , in the Elite NFL, it is any given Sunday. Lawernce is a rookie going through playing on a team in transition just Burrow last year so there will be growing pains but it wont be Saturday college walk in the park
Reply/Quote
Have to assume Burrow won’t let them come out flat.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Unlike college where upsets are rare , in the Elite NFL, it is any given Sunday. Lawernce is a rookie going through playing on a team in transition just Burrow last year so there will be growing pains but it wont be Saturday college walk in the park

The Bengals do have a history of making rookie QBs look like superstars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think.beating Pittsburgh by 14 on the road
has really created a air of confidence and positivity
In the lockeroom. I think this team comes
Out really sharp and ready and in sync
On both sides of the ball.
If Cincy went to Pittsburgh and played
A game that came down to a last second
F.g and this team was beaten and battered
Yeah they could have a let down.
But bright lights, JB getting more comfy
The defense playing at a high level
I dont see a trap game
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: visible-confusion.gif]

I don’t think I’ve seen a flea flicker pick six before. That’s what the jags pulled off yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Well, 3 of the next 5 teams we play are currently winless. That being the Jaguars, Lion's and Jets.

The other two each have their own problems. The Ravens seem like they're playing with half their team and the Packers have a QB that wants to be anywhere but Green Bay. Both are still very solid teams and the Ravens are a divisional opponent and that is always gonna be a hard fought game.

But our schedule to start the year has been extremely favorable to us. Our record at the bye week is probably gonna decide if we have great year or solid year, because the 2nd half of our schedule is looking brutal as of now.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:25 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think it is rude at all, it is completely honest.

Hard to think that the better teams in the AFC like the Ravens, Chiefs, Bills or even the Browns are looking at coach Taylor and shaking in their boots. They have to earn that respect, and 3 games doesn't erase the past 2 years.

The 1-2 Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree 

Naw, not producing in Prime Time was a Marvin thing. JoeyB and Jamar excel on the big stage. I expect them to be at their best. Not just them, but we have big time players from big time teams here now with the likes of Bell, Hendrickson, Hilton.... expect the Bengals to shine!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:22 AM)bjf123 Wrote: The Bengals do have a history of making rookie QBs look like superstars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Has. Been. Debunked. For. Nearly. A. Decade.

Stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The 1-2 Chiefs?

The team that was just in the Super Bowl? Yes. 

Seriously, this a prime example of an early season over reaction. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but this is pretty accurate.

Power Rankings at ProFootball
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-2021-nflwk-4/2/

# 18: Cincinnati Bengals

It’ll be impossible to trust the Bengals on a weekly basis because their patchwork offensive line always has the potential to get Joe Burrow killed. But this is also a team that can easily play spoiler against better clubs. Cincinnati isn’t short on offensive playmakers, and their quarterback isn’t afraid to make plays.

It’s important to note that the Bengals have played an underwhelming Vikings team, an injury- and coaching-depleted Bears squad (a loss), and a Steelers team running the corpse of Ben Roethlisberger on the field.

Cincinnati faces the lifeless Jaguars next week, so look for them to be 3-1 when they play the Packers at home in Week 5.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree 

How?

Zac has had this team in 3 primetime games:

1. Stoolers in 2019, that was the worst game of the year, far and away.
2. Browns in week 2 last year, wasn't a bad game on offense but our D was porous. Still had a chance to win with 40 seconds left.
3. Stoolers last year, don't need to tell anyone how that went.

I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything, but this is NOT Marv's team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: I hate to say it but this is pretty accurate.

Power Rankings at ProFootball
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-2021-nflwk-4/2/

# 18:  Cincinnati Bengals

It’ll be impossible to trust the Bengals on a weekly basis because their patchwork offensive line always has the potential to get Joe Burrow killed. But this is also a team that can easily play spoiler against better clubs. Cincinnati isn’t short on offensive playmakers, and their quarterback isn’t afraid to make plays.

It’s important to note that the Bengals have played an underwhelming Vikings team, an injury- and coaching-depleted Bears squad (a loss), and a Steelers team running the corpse of Ben Roethlisberger on the field.

Cincinnati faces the lifeless Jaguars next week, so look for them to be 3-1 when they play the Packers at home in Week 5.

I agree with most outside of Underwhelming Vikings team. The Vikings handled the Seahawks pretty well this past weekend and lost a 1 point shoot out on a missed FG to a good Cardinals team. The Vikings could just as easily be 3-0 as they are 1-2 so I wouldn't discount that win as not a quality win.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How?

Zac has had this team in 3 primetime games:

1. Stoolers in 2019, that was the worst game of the year, far and away.
2. Browns in week 2 last year, wasn't a bad game on offense but our D was porous. Still had a chance to win with 40 seconds left.
3. Stoolers last year, don't need to tell anyone how that went.

I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything, but this is NOT Marv's team.

2019 MNF game against the Steelers was the worst game I can remember.... Unless we come out flat, I expect us to smack Jacksonville around like that in 3 days. Matter of fact I'm gonna do it for you... We're gonna bust they ass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Unlike college where upsets are rare , in the Elite NFL, it is any given Sunday. Lawernce  is a rookie going through playing on a team in transition just Burrow last year so there will be growing pains but it wont be Saturday college walk in the park

Right and its extremely rare for a team to lose every game.

The jags will start winning games.  It could be vs us.

Remember last year when a Terrible bengals team beat 2 division leaders... It can happen.   
Reply/Quote
Who is Pro Football Network?

We had a quality Week One win against a quality opponent and a quality win just yesterday against a generally good team. The Bears game was the outlier where we shot ourselves in the foot. There is still work to do but the team is a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I agree with most outside of Underwhelming Vikings team. The Vikings handled the Seahawks pretty well this past weekend and lost a 1 point shoot out on a missed FG to a good Cardinals team. The Vikings could just as easily be 3-0 as they are 1-2 so I wouldn't discount that win as not a quality win.

In retrospect, that is a more accurate assessment of Minnesota.
I concur.
Reply/Quote
That makes 2 of us that had no clue. lol

(09-27-2021, 04:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Who is Pro Football Network?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Jacksonville Jaguars are absolute crap on a stick.  Every aspect of their game stinks on ice and Urban Meyer’s team needs urban renewal.  Trevor Lawrence is not doing well even though he’s throwing to proven receivers like DJ Chark and Marvin Jones and the only people I know on the Jags’ defense are Myles Jack and K’Lavon Chaisson.

The Bengals are coming down from the high of beating the hated Steelers and are currently sitting at the top of the AFC North.  Joe Burrow took no sacks and the defense shut down The Pig and now it’s time to face Jacksonville in prime time at home in Paul Brown Stadium.

This adds up to a classic trap game.

Laviska Shenault is a stud. Watch this guy.

But yeah, I also see trap game written all over this one. Nice to have instead of us always being the underdog.
Reply/Quote