Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Kansas City
As I have looked forward to this game, my biggest concern has easily been the loss of Awuzie. He was a critical piece of the coverage puzzle that befuddled Mahomes in both second halves of last year's matches, and I haven't been sure how the Bengals would be able to handle him and his weapons with a depleted secondary (even without Tyreek Hill they have weapons galore). However, I am extremely encouraged by Cam Taylor-Britt's performance yesterday. He had the one 50-50 ball that he allowed deep to Burks, and credit to Burks for making that play (quite like Tee Higgins made his catches downfield). Otherwise he was locked in and had his best performance in coverage of the season. He's been tackling well every week, but it wasn't until yesterday that he held his own in coverage too. If he can build on that it will be a huge deal against Kansas City. Obviously they run through Kelce more than anyone else, but we already have answers to that problem (Hilton, Flowers, and Dax). I was worried more about the outside, and maybe that won't necessarily be a disaster.

The pass rush remains a bit of a concern though. Hubbard is the perfect kind of mush-rush edge player to keep Mahomes from extending plays (as seen so beautifully in the fourth quarter of the AFCCG). You still have to generate some kind of meaningful pressure though, and KC's offensive line is better than Tennessee's.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 05:22 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: As I have looked forward to this game, my biggest concern has easily been the loss of Awuzie. He was a critical piece of the coverage puzzle that befuddled Mahomes in both second halves of last year's matches, and I haven't been sure how the Bengals would be able to handle him and his weapons with a depleted secondary (even without Tyreek Hill they have weapons galore). However, I am extremely encouraged by Cam Taylor-Britt's performance yesterday. He had the one 50-50 ball that he allowed deep to Burks, and credit to Burks for making that play (quite like Tee Higgins made his catches downfield). Otherwise he was locked in and had his best performance in coverage of the season. He's been tackling well every week, but it wasn't until yesterday that he held his own in coverage too. If he can build on that it will be a huge deal against Kansas City. Obviously they run through Kelce more than anyone else, but we already have answers to that problem (Hilton, Flowers, and Dax). I was worried more about the outside, and maybe that won't necessarily be a disaster.

The pass rush remains a bit of a concern though. Hubbard is the perfect kind of mush-rush edge player to keep Mahomes from extending plays (as seen so beautifully in the fourth quarter of the AFCCG). You still have to generate some kind of meaningful pressure though, and KC's offensive line is better than Tennessee's.

Nice post JJJ. We just need to tackle well honestly, so true about CTB coming around and finally having that good game in
coverage as he is a fantastic tackler. I notice when teams have trouble with the Chiefs it is poor tackling especially when 
Kelce gets the ball. Tackle well and I think we win this game because our Offense will score a lot with Ja'Marr back and our
OL playing well. Just keep Chris Jones from hurting us on the interior. Another great challenge for Ted, Cordell and Alex.
Reply/Quote
KC will be without Hardman as he's on the IR... likely replaced by Toney
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't win unless they have an actual pass rush this game.

The run defense has been good this year, especially with Reader in the lineup, but if they don't have a pass rush it will be a long day. It's been missing most of the year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:48 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I also think we're likely to get a very pumped up KC team next week. They are going to want the game against us badly after the two comebacks last year.

They said the same thing about the Titans. All of that crap is just hyperbole. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: KC will be without Hardman as he's on the IR... likely replaced by Toney

Is JuJu going to play? Maybe we get to see another Vonn Bell master blaster hit!

(11-28-2022, 06:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals won't win unless they have an actual pass rush this game.

The run defense has been good this year, especially with Reader in the lineup, but if they don't have a pass rush it will be a long day. It's been missing most of the year.

Well, the key is to cover well and not let Mahomes out of the pocket. Have to play disciplined and tackle well like we did
the last 2 second halves when we played him. We will get home eventually with Trey, Sam, BJ, DJ, Cam and Ossai. Mahomes
is great throwing on the run outside of the pocket, probably the best. Need to limit that.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is JuJu going to play? Maybe we get to see another Vonn Bell master blaster hit!

Well, the key is to cover well and not let Mahomes out of the pocket. Have to play disciplined and tackle well like we did
the last 2 second halves when we played him. We will get home eventually with Trey, Sam, BJ, DT, Cam and Ossai. Mahomes
is great throwing on the run outside of the pocket, probably the best. Need to limit that.

Yes he will be out there.

Mahomes magic ability seems to be his throwing angles. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They said the same thing about the Titans. All of that crap is just hyperbole. 

[Image: ive-been-saying-it-from-jump-i-told-you.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yes he will be out there.

Mahomes magic ability seems to be his throwing angles. 

Yeah, he can throw it in all kinds of side arms on the run going either way. Rare gift.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They said the same thing about the Titans. All of that crap is just hyperbole. 

I think the Titans was a bit different. We beat them in one playoff game whereas Kansas we beat twice in the same season, both were huge comebacks, one was the Championship game... I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, but I'd be surprised if Kansas aren't quite pumped up. Being hyped up for a game isnt always a good thing it should be said.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:36 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think the Titans was a bit different. We beat them in one playoff game whereas Kansas we beat twice in the same season, both were huge comebacks, one was the Championship game... I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, but I'd be surprised if Kansas aren't quite pumped up. Being hyped up for a game isnt always a good thing it should be said.

I think so too. They will be hyped up big time and will want to beat us so bad, but the pressure is all on them to do so.

Sure would be awesome to play like we did in the 2nd halves of both games an entire game and demolish them....

I really don't like the Chiefs anymore as you can tell. Their fans made it happen and Mahomes weird ass family.

I like Mahomes though, fun QB to watch play. I think Burrow will out duel him once again, we will see.
Reply/Quote