Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Philly...
Philly is up next, then Jacksonville. We get a long week before traveling to Philly, then Jacksonville at home. The Eagles didn't have much
of a run game and struggled to protect the QB against the Redskins. We could easily be 2-2 at the quarter. All is not lost....
Reply/Quote
2-2, I would have optimism. I said if they could be around .500 by mid-year the defense could end up being really good down the stretch. Then, I watched last night. I just don't know if they care or if the coaches have any knowledge or leadership.

If they are 0-4, it is try and get as much possible for the Lawrence pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Philly is up next, then Jacksonville. We get a long week before traveling to Philly, then Jacksonville at home. The Eagles didn't have much
of a run game and struggled to protect the QB against the Redskins. We could easily be 2-2 at the quarter. All is not lost....

This season is starting to look a lot like 2017, in terms of results (not necessarily HOW the games were won/lost):

- Week 1: Bmore: we start off at home and the offense sputters for most of the game, 'causing us to lose, despite the defense playing not bad.
- Week 2: Texans: we play Thursday night against a team with a ton of talent, but beyond inconsistent results and overratedness; we lose because we can't stop the run and we especially can't stop it at pivotal times, despite hanging in there until the end.
- Week 3: Packers: a game on the road against an NFC opponent, that has had recent success but hasn't made it far in a few years (obviously, 2017 is closer in recency than 2010). We lost in OT, but that was a game we easily could have won, if we had a few bounces go here and there and (surprise surprise) the refs don't **** us over.
- Week 4: Browns: Team is a mess and has a ton of holes, but we soundly beat them to get the 0 monkey off our backs. Like the Jags (I know the Jags played well Week 1, but Rivers is going to severely hurt the Colts and Mack was lost before the second quarter was finished).

For this reason, I can see us being 1-3, though I absolutely not hope they do.

Still, if the season indeed turns out to be like 2017, I would be ok with a 7-9 record on the season; we will see how things shake down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
4-12 is the ceiling. I’m calling it right now and it’s only the second week of the season.
Reply/Quote
Washington sacked Wentz 8x week 1. If our “pass rush” can’t get home at least 2-3 times...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Washington sacked Wentz 8x week 1. If our “pass rush” can’t get home at least 2-3 times...

Wentz has to survive Aaron Donald first.  We may be seeing Nate Sudafed under center by the time we get to Philly.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Washington sacked Wentz 8x week 1. If our “pass rush” can’t get home at least 2-3 times...

To be fair they have 6 rushers who all may better than anything we have. That said, yes if we can’t get some semblance of pressure (with an extra 3 days of rest) then this season is going to get ugly.
Reply/Quote