Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting ourselves in the foot
Penalties, bad snaps, and all. We tried to lose that game. What tells me this is a different team than I've ever seen is we haven't let it beat us yet. That said, how long before it catches up to us? But 7-0 and we've killed all the stigmas so far! Prime time games are next on the list!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:27 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Penalties, bad snaps, and all. We tried to lose that game. What tells me this is a different team than I've ever seen is we haven't let it beat us yet. That said, how long before it catches up to us? But 7-0 and we've killed all the stigmas so far! Prime time games are next on the list!

Agreed.  I said it in the gameday thread.....in days gone by....this would have bern an implosion game.  It didn't happen today.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.  I said it in the gameday thread.....in days gone by....this would have bern an implosion game.  It didn't happen today.

Yup. I first noticed it vs Seattle. Years ago we would have rolled over and been blown out. This team is different. That week I really started to believe
Reply/Quote
During the game I kept asking why weren't they running it more. Seriously. No runs in the 2nd quarter (don't count Dalton scrambling) and Gio didn't get a touch until he had that 12 yard run in the 4th quarter. It was one of the worst games I have seen Hue call. But, today proved how talented and mature this team really is.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:40 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: During the game I kept asking why weren't they running it more. Seriously. No runs in the 2nd quarter (don't count Dalton scrambling) and Gio didn't get a touch until he had that 12 yard run in the 4th quarter. It was one of the worst games I have seen Hue call. But, today proved how talented and mature this team really is.

Agree 100%

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'll be ol' Negative Nately and say that this game seemed more about the Steelers blowing it (and still having the chance to win on the last play) than then Bengals overcoming the sort of adversity I've come to hope for and expect.
Reply/Quote
I'm prety leery about the Browns. And then playing the Cards on their turf is going to be a big disadvantage. So we're either gonna go 7-1 or 9-1.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:50 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I'm prety leery about the Browns. And then playing the Cards on their turf is going to be a big disadvantage. So we're either gonna go 7-1 or 9-1.

The Browns are likely to start Johnny Fartball on a short week, so I'm not betting on them (the Browns) winning that one.  The Cardinals?  Meh, who knows.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll be ol' Negative Nately and say that this game seemed more about the Steelers blowing it (and still having the chance to win on the last play) than then Bengals overcoming the sort of adversity I've come to hope for and expect.
Neg Nate.......if you hold the opposition to 10 points, on the road, you WON the game !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll be ol' Negative Nately and say that this game seemed more about the Steelers blowing it (and still having the chance to win on the last play) than then Bengals overcoming the sort of adversity I've come to hope for and expect.

Bengals only converted 4 of 15 third downs, had 2 fumbles, 2 interceptions (one in the end zone), 10 penalties, a blocked FG, and muffed a QB sneak on 3rd and a foot.

Pittsburgh made lots of mistake also, but there is no way you can say they blew it when we tried so hard to give them the win.
Reply/Quote
While this was a frustrating game to watch as a fan because of all the mistakes, it is encouraging to know that we're never out of it now. It's been hammered home, but there's no way past teams respond like this over and over. Even the Cardiac Cat magic of 2009 wore off quickly. This team just never has a look of panic on themselves. It's refreshing to know that we can be down by 10 with 6 minutes left in a game and no longer consider the game over.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:27 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Penalties, bad snaps, and all. We tried to lose that game. What tells me this is a different team than I've ever seen is we haven't let it beat us yet. That said, how long before it catches up to us? But 7-0 and we've killed all the stigmas so far! Prime time games are next on the list!

I was texting my die hard niece in Florida. I never felt we were in trouble and on verge of losing.

This is the a far cry from the past, once we imploded or made mistakes our team was not good enough to overcome them.

I will say it again, we have many things to improve upon and once we start playing complete games, other teams will be helpless, we have too much talent for 80% of the NFL if we play great.

So, let's start peaking about week 16 and not now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

We actually have the opportunity to kill the 'Prime Time' game argument pretty badly w/ 3 of them coming up in a row now.  I think we could win all three - and should most definitely take 2 of 3.  Heck, the way the AFC Conference teams are playing this year, we might be locked into at least a wild card game by then.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

we are not gonna beat to many good teams while trying to self destruct. Division games are always tough especially on the road. But adding penalties doesnt help.

Hopefully they get this cleaned up.. but as someone said better a flag than your QB being dead lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is the a far cry from the past, once we imploded or made mistakes our team was not good enough to overcome them.

I can remember a time that even if we were ahead, if we missed an XP after a TD I would be convinced it would cost us the game.
Reply/Quote
I thought the team came out tight and made a lot of mistakes. Multiple times they were in field goal range and walked away with nothing, all the penalties, the interception in the end zone... in the past, this team would have imploded and the Steelers would have won by 15. This team was mentally tough enough to fight through the mistakes and keep going.

My hope is that they got the nerves behind them, and we won't have to deal with that again this year. This team is good enough to go into Foxboro in January and come out with a win. They can't come out tight, have multiple self inflicted wounds, and thing Brady won't run away with it though...
Reply/Quote