Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again..
I must be weak or something these days because every year about this time I tell myself (and anyone who will listen) 'I'm done with this team dammit!' and yet here I am reading posts (and posting) hoping to find some silver lining that will redeem it all . This team is like the pretty girlfriend you KNOW is cheating on you and doing it over and over, but you still love her despite her doing all your friends and possibly your own father and maybe even your mom..
Ok, maybe not that far, but geeez, Saturday night I was to the point where I just knew I would never watch another game or read one more bit of news about the team and yet..dammit! I just can't pull the trigger. I am hopelessly still a Bengals fan.
If this team were a woman I could walk away and not give it another thought, but there's just something that keeps me coming back for more.
Maybe they won't win another game for 3 years, but short of that I'll keep coming back to have my heart ripped out time after time. I think it's a curse we all have to endure.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I must be weak or something these days because every year about this time I tell myself (and anyone who will listen) 'I'm done with this team dammit!' and yet here I am reading posts (and posting) hoping to find some silver lining that will redeem it all . This team is like the pretty girlfriend you KNOW is cheating on you and doing it over and over, but you still love her despite her doing all your friends and possibly your own father and maybe even your mom..
Ok,  maybe not that far, but geeez, Saturday night I was to the point where I just knew I would never watch another game or read one more bit of news about the team and yet..dammit! I just can't pull the trigger. I am hopelessly still a Bengals fan.
If this team were a woman I could walk away and not give it another thought, but there's just something that keeps me coming back for more.
Maybe they won't win another game for 3 years, but short of that I'll keep coming back to have my heart ripped out time after time.  I think it's a curse we all have to endure.

We have no choice.  We are who we are--Bengal fans, probably stupid but loyal to a fault.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Funny thing..Saturday night I telling myself that I was going to root for Carolina since I live in SC, but truth be told I only know of a handful of their players and when I went to their website I might as well have been reading the DesMoine Iowa yellow pages from 1953 in the ladies sundry items. As much as Hobson drives me nuts sometimes I still read it with some emotion and care. I know one thing for sure..there is NOTHING that would ever make me root for Pittsburgh to do anything good, even saving puppies from a burning building.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just how it is. I'm busy trying to tell myself that I will boycott the NFL until Goodell is gone.

That will never happen though, I love the NFL too much... but days like Saturday make it hard.
Reply/Quote