Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again a wasted season
Another season down, another wasted. I don't want to hear " but but 12 and 4!" Worthless without any postseason noise. "We won the north! " Saturday night the north title was taken from us.

This all boils down to another wasted year, when our roster is about to break up
Reply/Quote
Those were my exact words last night. Golden opportunity wasted.

Reply/Quote
I really want to hear what you mean by "breaking up."

Who do you really think we're losing that can't be replaced?
Reply/Quote
The only wins worth measuring in the NFL come in the post season.

14 years later Marvin is still roosting on a goose egg and an idiot still owns the team.

[Image: th-id-jn-rcqfhk6p2sgcs-2fffm0hn4w-pid-15-1-jpg.29878]
Reply/Quote
A playoff loss does not go back in time and erase the joy I felt over our regular season success.

If your wife or best friend died would you say that all the memories you had together were gone and that their life was "wasted" because they are dead now?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:09 PM)Rattler Wrote: The only wins worth measuring in the NFL come in the post season.

Millions of people who watch and enjoy regular season games disagree with you.
Reply/Quote
These opportunities don't come around every year. When will they take advantage and stop wasting them. With Lewis here this is the yearly theme never getting over the hump. Was he an assistant under Marty? Play good ball during the regular season but implode in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Millions of people who watch and enjoy regular season games disagree with you.

Signed,

The Cleveland BrClowns
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Signed,

The Cleveland BrClowns

So you believe that no other fans in the league pay to go watch regular season games.

I didn't realize the depths of your ignorance.  I guess that is what happens when you never watch any regular season games.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:36 PM)Rattler Wrote: Coming from a complete and utter nimrod who lives (and breeds) among the indbreds in Hick Holler Tennessee, I'll take that as a compliment.

Only a half-wit homer computes success from regular season results and turns a blind dumb ass eye to .000% in post season over 15 years.

Which one of you is the dominant, you or Marvin?

Resorting to personal insults proves how completely I have owned you in this thread.
Reply/Quote
I recall before the season started people saying "This is the year we find out if Dalton can win a playoff game." So, here we are, one year later and none the wiser. Oh well, let's just assume he can. Nothing changes around here, so I don't blame people for:

1. assuming we will make the playoffs
2. assuming we will lose in the first round
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A playoff loss does not go back in time and erase the joy I felt over our regular season success.

If your wife or best friend died would you say that all the memories you had together were gone and that their life was "wasted" because they are dead now?

Total apples to oranges. Success is based on postseason victories,  just the way the league is. I'd like our franchise to be successful, at least not the post season laughing stock.

Same position as the browns. Except they've hhad a playoff win in the last 15 years 
Reply/Quote
Fact is everyone would rather have a rough season, and squweak into the play offs and get a first round win, than to go 14-2 and lose in the first round
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A playoff loss does not go back in time and erase the joy I felt over our regular season success.

Terrible analogy. The pain from a football loss is temporary since a new season will come around again in 7 months.

Dead loved ones don't come back.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Terrible analogy. The pain from a football loss is temporary since a new season will come around again in 7 months.

Dead loved ones don't come back.

TThis guy gets it 

Thank you. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Millions of people who watch and enjoy regular season games disagree with you.

(01-10-2016, 10:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Signed,

The Cleveland BrClowns
Great.  We're having way more inconsequential succes than the crappiest franchise in the NFL.  Thanks for pointing this out.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Great.  We're having way more inconsequential succes than the crappiest franchise in the NFL.  Thanks for pointing this out.

They've been better in the post season, scary as that sounds
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:47 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Total apples to oranges. Success is based on postseason victories,  just the way the league is. I'd like our franchise to be successful, at least not the post season laughing stock.

Same position as the browns. Except they've hhad a playoff win in the last 15 years 

This is silly.

First of all the Browns have not won a playoff game in 20 years.

Second of all, if you let a Browns fan tell you they are a better franchise than us because of that then you are a complete joke.

Success is not just based on postseason victories.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Success is not just based on postseason victories.  

I agree. With that said, which would you prefer right now?

1. 12-4, a division title and one and done in the playoffs.
2. 10-6, second place in the division and at least one playoff victory.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight. You guys seriously see the Browns, Raiders, Lions, Titans, Rams. Jags, Bills, and Dolphins, as more successful teams than the Bengals? If the fans of these teams start talking smack you all just curl up in the fetal position and take it?
Reply/Quote