Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again a wasted season
(01-11-2016, 01:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree. With that said, which would you prefer right now?

1. 12-4, a division title and one and done in the playoffs.
2. 10-6, second place in the division and at least one playoff victory.

Option #2
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Great.  We're having way more inconsequential succes than the crappiest franchise in the NFL.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Only 4 teams have won more games than the Bengals over the last 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is silly.

First of all the Browns have not won a playoff game in 20 years.

Second of all, if you let a Browns fan tell you they are a better franchise than us because of that then you are a complete joke.

Success is not just based on postseason victories.  

Actually it is. Unless the team gets ribbons that say, you're a winner to me!

Success in the. NFL isn't postseason victories.WTF lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A playoff loss does not go back in time and erase the joy I felt over our regular season success.

If your wife or best friend died would you say that all the memories you had together were gone and that their life was "wasted" because they are dead now?
What a ridiculous analogy.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 4 teams have won more games than the Bengals over the last 5 years.

And we're still the butt of peoples jjokes because of postseason failures.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Actually it is. Unless the team gets ribbons that say, you're a winner to me!

Success in the. NFL isn't postseason victories.WTF lol

Could you translate this to English so that I can understand it?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:08 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: And we're still the butt of peoples jjokes because of postseason failures.

The teams that don't even make the playoffs can't say anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you translate this to English so that I can understand it?

I just find  it nuts you think success isnt measured in play off wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The teams that don't even make the playoffs can't say anything.

We are one and the same because we can't win them.  

OOh boy we get to play an extra week. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:10 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: I just find  it nuts you think success isnt measured in play off wins.

I find it nuts that you think the Browns were just as good as us this year and are actually a MORE successful franchise than we are right now.

No one else seems to see it that way.  Every single person I know with any knowledge of football thinks the Browns had a much worse season and are a much worse franchise right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I find it nuts that you think the Browns were just as good as us this year and are actually a MORE successful franchise than we are right now.

No one else seems to see it that way.  Every single person I know with any knowledge of football thinks the Browns had a much worse season and are a much worse franchise right now.

Sure we have more wins but so what.

This might sound crazy to you but the point in the nfl is to win the super bowl.  And we have just as much a shotas the Browns this year,  none
Reply/Quote
Could any of you post a link to any person who knows anything about football claiming that the Browns were as successful as us this year?

I really can't take any of you seriously right now.  You all just sound like a bunch of bitter whiners making up crazy talk for a big group cry.

I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Could any of you post a link to any person who knows anything about football claiming that the Browns were as successful as us this year?

I really can't take any of you seriously right now.  You all just sound like a bunch of bitter whiners making up crazy talk for a big group cry.

In the end they have as many playoff wins as we do this year. None. 

Not that playoffs matter, as long as we tried hard and won regular season games Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Funny thing is that I attend and watch lots of live football games. Whenever the hometeam wins a big regular season game I see the fans in the croed go crazy with joy. I never see them just look at each other and say ""I can't wait to see if we win a playoff game so that i can decide if I am happy right now"

And I see all sorts of fans talking crap before and after regular season games.

Everyone seems to think regular season success means something except for drama queen Bengal fans who have to justify their whining.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:20 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Not that playoffs matter, as long as we tried hard and won regular season games Rolleyes

You know how I know when I have won an argument?

When people can't attack what I really said so instead they make up strawmen to knock down.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny thing is that I attend and watch lots of live football games.  Whenever the hometeam wins a big regular season game I see the fans in the croed go crazy with joy.  I never see them just look at each other and say ""I can't wait to see if we win a playoff game so that i can decide if I am happy right now"

And I see all sorts of fans talking crap before and after regular season games.  

Everyone seems to think regular season success means something except for drama queen Bengal fans who have to justify their whining.

Playoffs matter more and when you constantly choke, the regular season doesn't matter as much because we never do anything with it
Reply/Quote
My pickle fell off
Reply/Quote
You point about the browns? I addressed that. We're in the same boat as them right now. Not even thinking about a Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Even if there season wasnt as good, it lead to the same road. Defeat
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:25 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: You point about the browns? I addressed that. We're in the same boat as them right now. Not even thinking about a Lombardi

I realize that YOU addressed it, but I don't think you read my post

(01-11-2016, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Could any of you post a link to any person who knows anything about football claiming that the Browns were as successful as us this year?

I'll wait.

Seriously, you got anything from any credible source that backs up your position?
Reply/Quote