Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparantly Our Medical Dept Shot Down Our Deal for Barrett
(11-09-2019, 11:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: At least we never had to hear his got dinged up as a Bengals player. Everyone knows the term "Dinged" in Bengaldom can mean only one thing and it's never good.

If Ray Rice were a Bengal when he assaulted his wife, you know the front office would've defended Ray saying he only dinged her.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: At least we never had to hear his got dinged up as a Bengals player. Everyone knows the term "Dinged" in Bengaldom can mean only one thing and it's never good.

If Mike Brown owned the Titanic, he would've claimed the iceberg only dinged his ship.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If Ray Rice were a Bengal when he assaulted his wife, you know the front office would've defended Ray saying he only dinged her.

No...she would have required an amputation to qualify under the Brown family rules of dinged.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and Mike Brown was turning 40, he claimed the asteroid only dinged the earth.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and Mike Brown was turning 40, he claimed the asteroid only dinged the earth.

Little known fact, the Bengals medical department was giving the medical diagnosis for the Black Knight in Monty Python.

[Image: 1776699_1.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not signing him was only part of the bumbling. The Bengals offered him 2 years for 14 Mil before pulling the offer. It only took the Bucks 1 year and 4 Mil to sign him. The Bengals are just an all around terrible organization.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I have 2 family members that are both doctors in Cincy. They said that even in the hospitals they say "dont bengal it" referring to the bengals medical staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 08:12 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I have 2 family members that are both doctors in Cincy. They said that even in the hospitals they say "dont bengal it" referring to the bengals medical staff.

Yet...we all follow this team and expect them to turn things around at some point.

It will be mainly due to luck.

There's a reason why all but like 4 teams have won 5+ playoff games since we last did. We're poorly managed.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If Ray Rice were a Bengal when he assaulted his wife, you know the front office would've defended Ray saying he only dinged her.

Clearly that's what they said to themselves about Joe Mixon...

They're both garbage people, but at least Rice could play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 04:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Not signing him was only part of the bumbling. The Bengals offered him 2 years for 14 Mil before pulling the offer. It only took the Bucks 1 year and 4 Mil to sign him. The Bengals are just an all around terrible organization.

That is the upcharge that Free Agents get for signing with the Bengals.  Call it the Mike Brown factor.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is the upcharge that Free Agents get for signing with the Bengals.  Call it the Mike Brown factor.

To some degree. It’s also the Bengals having no idea about what they’re doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:07 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: To some degree. It’s also the Bengals having no idea about what they’re doing.

To be fair, this team has been burned by free agency a time or two.  Remember the WR, I guess it was about 10 years ago (I forget his name).  Bengals medical staff gave him the OK, team gave him a nice contract, dude never played a down.

I'm almost pleasantly surprised that the Bengals medical staff erred on the side of caution.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To be fair, this team has been burned by free agency a time or two.  Remember the WR, I guess it was about 10 years ago (I forget his name).  Bengals medical staff gave him the OK, team gave him a nice contract, dude never played a down.

I'm almost pleasantly surprised that the Bengals medical staff erred on the side of caution.

Antonio Bryant...but yes.

Chris Perry had a misdiagnosed injury too I recall.
Reply/Quote
As someone noted, the bigger issue was we we going to pay him $7M per year when the market was $4M - just like Hart and Dre and Brown, we just overpay so often for average to garbage players yet refuse to pay fair value for the good ones. Clown show.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Cue the Hobson piece on how the Bengals were trying to be aggressive in free-agency but through no fault of their own, an injury prevented them from a "huge" signing.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:09 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: As someone noted, the bigger issue was we we going to pay him $7M per year when the market was $4M - just like Hart and Dre and Brown, we just overpay so often for average to garbage players yet refuse to pay fair value for the good ones. Clown show.

That's just it; the Bengals WILL have to overpay anyone to come here. What's overlooked is, 2-3 years later, that contract may be considered a deal comparative to the market rate going for that particular position player and skill that year. 
Reply/Quote
Fire every single one of them.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote